I'm trying to set up a script for Aloth to cast Blackbow and then summon a phantom, but I can't think of a good way to do it. The Blackbow part is easy. if he doesn't have a summoned weapon, he casts that. But the phantom part I can't think of a good conditional for. 

It's not a huge deal really. Most of his buffs are automated so having to cast the phantom myself isn't that bad, but curious if anyone has set up a script for him to do this. I know I'm not the only one who loves the Blackbow + Phantom Aloth combo 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:57 AM, masterty66 said:

I know I'm not the only one who loves the Blackbow + Phantom Aloth combo 

Oh, you mean the man, myth, legend, who also craves a good skeleton massacre and looooves using The Willbreaker to debuff everyone's Fort/Will into oblivion and also is biased towards casting Draining Touch from a grimoire and switching to another grimoire as a Sage for insane attack resolutions? That guy?

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Oh, you mean the man, myth, legend, who also craves a good skeleton massacre and looooves using The Willbreaker to debuff everyone's Fort/Will into oblivion and also is biased towards casting Draining Touch from a grimoire and switching to another grimoire as a Sage for insane attack resolutions? That guy?

I'm sure I don't know who you mean ;). But yes I thought if anyone might know it'd be him lol

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't use AI much so my experience with the scripting tools is pretty limited. 

But I guess the easiest way is to use a timer/cooldown with the phantom?

I personally also like to cast Citzal's Martial Power after summoning the Phantom - that would make the timer/cooldown approach very unreliable I think. 🤔

I think I would just set up a script for the self buffing and summon bow part and then cast Essential Phantom manually. This would also allow for better positioning of the phantom. And then I'd manually cast C's Martial Power. 🤷‍♂️

By the way: I really like Helm of the White Void with a Blackbow Wizard. It works for every shot (+10 ACC) bc. of the terrify effect. And it works for the phantom, too.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

36 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Unfortunately I don't use AI much so my experience with the scripting tools is pretty limited. 

But I guess the easiest way is to use a timer/cooldown with the phantom?

I personally also like to cast Citzal's Martial Power after summoning the Phantom - that would make the timer/cooldown approach very unreliable I think. 🤔

I think I would just set up a script for the self buffing and summon bow part and then cast Essential Phantom manually. This would also allow for better positioning of the phantom. And then I'd manually cast C's Martial Power. 🤷‍♂️

By the way: I really like Helm of the White Void with a Blackbow Wizard. It works for every shot (+10 ACC) bc. of the terrify effect. And it works for the phantom, too.

Makes sense. And yeah I have Aloth with the helm. It's insane what a power boost it is for him once he gets pl 8 plus that 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Ach Scheibenkleister - now I want to do another run with a Blackbow Wizard in the party. :)

Do one with two! I've run Fassina/Aloth together a few times and it's hilarious watching two of them and two phantoms just shooting everything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I don't bother scripting it. Just shift-queue all your spells at the beginning of each fight.

I've scripted Aloth to do Infuse With Vital Essence-->Spirit Shield--->Deletrious Alacrity--->Blackbow and that works pretty well. After he summons the bow I manually have him cast phantom and then I can pretty much ignore him unless I need to reposition him or unless I want to cast other spells.

With my scripts he won't cast any of those spells unless he's missing concentration or the relevant inspirations (or is missing a summoned weapon) so it works out well enough.

• Like 1

I try to script everything but I've never scripted summons as a mage. Not sure in what situation you'd want to cast the phantom. I have some ideas but I'm not certain it will work how you want. If you want the phantom up at all times could just do a cooldown with the duration of the spell (or duration of blackbow) and cast it when you have concentration, targeted at enemy by greatest number of enemies. 

Another way to check if you have a summoned weapon, assuming you normally use a melee weapon would be have two blocks like this

block 1:Self: Has Summoned Weapon (not) => action: self, caedelbald's blackbow, cooldown (lesser of blackbow, phantom)

block 2: Self: ranged weapon equipped and target: engaging or engaged by self, action: essential phantom, enemy, prioritize by greatest number of enemies, cooldown (lesser of blackbow, phantom)

This way it casts blackbow and then immediately casts essential phantom, should keep both up at least until the phantom is killed. If you don't want to stick the phantom in the thick of things you can use least engagers.

You can isolate blocks to execute when the phantom is up with 

target: is summoned AND target: is spirit AND target: has summoned weapon (target type ally)

This block should (I think) auto cast essential phantom if the phantom is knocked out, but it won't cast the first one so you'd need multiple blocks

target: is summoned AND target: is spirit AND target: has summoned weapon AND target: is unconscious, action: essential phantom

Scripting would be so much better with an OR button...sorry if this is confusing.

• Like 2