Shared World is a mess

Shared worlds is a great idea in concept, but a terrible idea for playing in a non-creative game mode. Constant ruber banding band disconnects, doors being "open" but launching you all the way back because it was actually closed, inability to interact with items or hot bar unless you quit the game, Not being able to find or join your friend's host world, instead you have to go to start it yourself for it to tell you a friend is already hosting the world so you can join. And the worst part is the huge Latency issues especially when it comes to fighting any tier 2 or higher enemy. Currently in its state, Antlions or spiders or pretty much a coin flip. You either get good latency and you are able to parry or the game registers your hit late or not at all and you die immediately. Now you pair this with the death damage you take to ALL of your armor and this game puts you loops of constantly dying and breaking your armor. So now you have to constantly reload the world to recover back packs and that reintroduces all the aforementioned issues. I appreciate shared world but in its current state it's NEARLY impossible to play because of lag and other issues. I hope you are coming with a patch to fix this because if I knew it would take a huge nosedive in quality I would have rather started on a normal multiplayer file rather than this laggy issue riddled mess. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, This game really just needs the option for private dedicated servers. 
Give the players the options to host their own dedicated servers.  This P2P with a cloud shared save file is crap.

We have not experienced any latency issues on console. 

Only bug we experience is with doors not registering their correct open/close status. 

simply opening and closing the door usually fixes this issue. 

the other thing we notice is stairs looking destroyed or disappearing on joined users screen(non host)

jumping onto the first step usually runner bands you up the stairs as if you ran up them. Nothing game breaking, more an annoyance. 

13 hours ago, Johnny Wirick said:

i've had no issues with the shared multiplayer so far. 🤷‍♂️ honestly sounds like you or one of your friends, or both, have internet issues. everything you described could be a poor internet connection somewhere. 

Not everyone experiences the same bugs/issues so does that mean we shouldn’t highlight them for investigation? 

The issues we’ve experienced with shared world only happens to the client, but the same issues are not present on normal multiplayer. Shared worlds is also still a fairly new feature so to blame the bugs/issues on the clients internet connection is a cop out.

There is a clear a disconnect between client and host via shared worlds but like any bug/issue that doesn’t happen to everyone, it’s harder to reproduce so takes longer to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 2:28 AM, Emile Keyway said:

Shared worlds is also still a fairly new feature so to blame the bugs/issues on the clients internet connection is a cop out.

the only time i had issues, like OP described, was when i was on a bad connection. my suggestion was not a cop out, it was based on my own experience since the 1.0 release. 

pc or console? what console? pc specs? internet speeds? they didn't say any of that. 

Agree with all issues here. Me and my girlfriend both playing on PC, wired connection, very low ping, experience rubber banding a LOT. And bugged animations, one of us floating in the jump animation. Unable to interact with items, because on the hosts game, they're not actually stood where they think they are... It's a mess.