New Spells for wizard from Rathun ( Magran Leaping Flame etc)

With a SC Wizard, you can get some good spells during the encounter vs Urnox !

You can steal with Major Grimoire Imprint 3 spells from the Rathun Flamecaller :

spell3j.thumb.jpg.4c7410d9c9352be981eca0ea8c5ce17a.jpg

Spell4j.thumb.jpg.60e3dd1f6258c3bcaea89647f7eb4c69.jpg

spell5j.thumb.jpg.f197b1a6b7979c2b89ef9768fbecbc8f.jpg

The first, Magran Leaping Flame, is a PL6 evocation version of Firebug with 2 bounces (+ PL) that cause in AoE (1.5m) burn damage (10-16 vs reflex) per 3s for 20s. Bouncing primary attack is vs deflection and Interrupt on hit ;

The second, Magran's Shield, is a PL6 evocation version of Flame Shield that cause to remove Might, Con or Dex (hazard) inspiration to the attacker. That can be casted on allie.

The third, Blazing Staff, is a PL5 version of Concelhault's Draining Staff with Crush/Fire damage and cause -4 burn AR on hit (not-stackable). Can be summoned out of fight.

For them they dont know how to keep permanently these spells, it is simple :

with a grimoire that contain Major Grimoire Imprint (not learned by the wizard on level), steal the spell then switch to another grimoire give the spell for ever. 

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

It's a shame that there are cool spells like these otherwise not usable by the player. They would be really fun on a Priest of Magran as the auto-learned abilities on each tier.

I dont know, I like the idea of Unique Spell for bosses (even if the rathuns are not bosses). The best should be to can learn it after defeating them, like a reward.

• Like 1

The quarterstaff is pretty neat. It's basically a +4 PEN weapon as long as the enemy doesn't have high burn AR and also does dual damage which is nice. I wonder if it's fire-tagged so that all attacks would work with Scion of Flame and Ring of Focused Flame. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I wonder if it's fire-tagged so that all attacks would work with Scion of Flame and Ring of Focused Flame. 

When the staff strike with burn attack, the ring of Focused apply +10acc, but not 1pen with Scion of Flame. The debuff is cool for fire attack in general because that stack with everything.

About the Magran Leaping Flame, the 20s status effect on enemies is not a DoT but a fire pulse around them, like Spark of the Soul on enemies! I dont know if someone have already try to cast SotS on enemies while confused, but I did and it is crazy ; here it is the regular way the attack work!

There is also another spell that can be stealed from other Rathuns (icy ones from SSS)

spell2.png.90301602a0c2fdd48c707e25035110f6.png

Freezing Bolt , evocation, freeze, PL7.

Here, the salva (AoE) pulse every 0.1s for 0.3s with 20Int. It is less efficient than Magran Leaping Flame and SSS is accessible later than Urnox.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3

• Constentin Lévine changed the title to New Spells for wizard from Rathun ( Magran Leaping Flame etc)
6 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Since these are considered evocation spells, am I correct that I am assuming that they are wizard spells, and thus will be added to your wizard "spell book" after you steal them, save and reload?

I didint know this trick! Can you import the grimoire after? 

Or maybe I misunderstood the sentence : by spell book, do you mean grimoire or the abilities//spells list of the character?

Iirc it's like your wizard took those spells as ability at level-up.
The grimoires don't get changed. That would require the saving process to meddle with the contents of the grimoire rather than meddling with the character object.

That's worse than having them as unlimited-use ability in the action bar - but still better than loosing them altogether. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, Boeroer said:

Iirc it's like your wizard took those spells as ability at level-up.
The grimoires don't get changed. That would require the saving process to meddle with the contents of the grimoire rather than meddling with the character object.

That's worse than having them as unlimited-use ability in the action bar - but still better than loosing them altogether.

I'm very late to the party but wanted to clarify something here: when a Wizard steals a Wizard spell, it will first appear in the special ability side of your abilities bar - as when you steal any other spell. However, upon save/reload or area transition, the stolen Wizard spell will migrate in its corresponding spot in your Wizard spell list in the middle of the abilities bar (e.g. Shadowflame will be in your AT4 section along other AT4 spells you know, or are in your grimoire, or those you have previously stolen). However, you will still have unlimited casts of this spell - as for any spell you've stolen.

So this is actually better because you have unlimited casts but you're not cluttering your special abilities bar which ultimately gets too cluttered if you steal too many Druid or Priest spells.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 7:04 AM, Constentin Lévine said:

The second, Magran's Shield, is a PL6 evocation version of Flame Shield that cause to remove Might, Con or Dex (hazard) inspiration to the attacker. That can be casted on allie.

By the way, this can be really good against certain enemies e.g. the Infested Librarian Monks in FS that periodically get the Tier 3 MIG, DEX and CON inspirations!