I fooled around a little bit with this.

You guys probably already figured this out, but red flag flying is a weapon attack.

So even tho it goes vs fort you can buff it to the roof, while boltcatchers will stay low acc.

If you wanna be real cheesy you can get +40 acc from scordeos with SoF (get the regular +20, switch weapons, save and reload, now you can get another +20 cuz the name of the buff changed :P).

This way You should almost always be able to break the loop with boltcatchers, since your boltcatchers will be 40+ less accuracy.

• Like 1

Boltcatcher doesn't stop the loop for me - unless I do something like attack a charmed target with a Debonaire where Boltcatchers would remove the charm (and thus the 100% crit conversion).

Sometimes the crash even happens when I do the good old "I'm so lazy: select all, attack that dude" with zero buffing and/or debuffing. 😖 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

34 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Boltcatcher doesn't stop the loop for me - unless I do something like attack a charmed target with a Debonaire where Boltcatchers would remove the charm (and thus the 100% crit conversion).

Sometimes the crash even happens when I do the good old "I'm so lazy: select all, attack that dude" with zero buffing and/or debuffing. 😖 

Hm, so far I only tested on pet with 90ish fort, because I haven't figured out what class to play yet, I guess the crashes only happen vs REALLY weak enemies.

For me they can happen anytime. Also against enemies that are not that weak. Sometimes Red Flag Flying just gets too many lucky rolls I guess. But I was using Swift Flurry and later HBD on top so that might add a lot of problems as well since a crit from those starts the cycle of Red Flag Flying anew I assume.

But I also had crashes with a simple SC Druid who used Avenging Storm with Mohora Tange against not too shabby enemies. Not that many though. Unless Entropy... ;) 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

If you attack with only Mohora Tanga as single weapon, you can see in the log that many time the chain is broken by hit or graze from Red Flag. But since the triggered Mohora SF/HbD attack can also chain crit, the list is not over on the combat log. My guess is when so much chain proc without any issue for the game , it simply shut down.

For the moment my game didnt crash when dual wielding Mohora (in offhand), for this reason I think.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1

On another note I just tried Debonaire/Nalpazca for a bit and I found out I really dislike Debonaire for reasons unrelated to Mohora.

I think for solo play you really wanna go either ranger/monk, sc monk, priest/monk or sc assassin.

Assassin doesn't have the chains from hbd/swift but combined with deltros and boltcatcher it will still do way too much damage (more than you ever need).

If I was to play SC Monk, do I even get red flag off WotW or is it basic attack only?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

On another note I just tried Debonaire/Nalpazca for a bit and I found out I really dislike Debonaire for reasons unrelated to Mohora.

I think for solo play you really wanna go either ranger/monk, sc monk, priest/monk or sc assassin.

Assassin doesn't have the chains from hbd/swift but combined with deltros and boltcatcher it will still do way too much damage (more than you ever need).

If I was to play SC Monk, do I even get red flag off WotW or is it basic attack only?

I'm agree with you, debonaire are weird by concept : you have to use in first the charm ability (or whispers of treason) to get +50acc on your next hit (not graze) against him, and that's it, the charm effect is removed. Ok you can crit with pure DoT spells o the target, but some need you to be confused (Cleansing Flame) and most of affliction are also foe only. 

Assassin are great because the whole chain benefit from Assassinate acc bonus while invisible, even without Vanishing Strike.

The Red Flag Flying proc on any Mohora crit, from abilities (swift flurry is an ability, like WotW) and auto-attack. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I'm agree with you, debonaire are weird by concept : you have to use in first the charm ability (or whispers of treason) to get +50acc on your next hit (not graze) against him, and that's it, the charm effect is removed. Ok you can crit with pure DoT spells o the target, but some need you to be confused (Cleansing Flame) and most of affliction are also foe only. 

Assassin are great because the whole chain benefit from Assassinate acc bonus while invisible, even without Vanishing Strike.

The Red Flag Flying proc on any Mohora crit, from abilities (swift flurry is an ability, like WotW) and auto-attack. 

Oh wow, thats great to hear I think SC Monk is probably my fav then. 😄

36 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Ah, but the combination of AoE-charm (Chanter, Cipher) + Debonaire/Wizard is pretty nice in a party. 

Also Debonaire/Cipher can charm and then apply Disintegrate with a crit without flipping the target. It dies fighting for you. Which is cool imo. 

• Like 1

I was thinking that a votary might be very good against tougher foes. While you could only get +17 ACC from enduring dance and a PER inspiration when auto attacking, you could potentially get an additional 20+ ACC  (+10 base, +10 from ring of focused flame, and additional bonus depending on PL) when attacking via FoD, and I believe these ACC bonuses stack. I suspect you could reliably land crits when using this ability at least.

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Ah, but the combination of AoE-charm (Chanter, Cipher) + Debonaire/Wizard is pretty nice in a party. 

Also Debonaire/Cipher can charm and then apply Disintegrate with a crit without flipping the target. It dies fighting for you. Which is cool imo. 

My best try with debonaire (and a cipher in the party with Ringleader) was multiclassed with Priest of Woedica (the powerful Writ are not foe only, and even if that break the charm, Barb of Condemnation / Divine Mark work very well since the malus is not a separate roll).

1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

get an additional 20+ ACC  (+10 base, +10 from ring of focused flame, and additional bonus depending on PL) when attacking via FoD

Only for the main attack, I dont think Red Flag will benefit from FoD.

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Only for the main attack, I dont think Red Flag will benefit from FoD.

Do you mean the main hand weapon? Isn't FoD a full attack, using the weapons in both hands? It certainly seems that way from the animation, etc.

1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

Do you mean the main hand weapon? Isn't FoD a full attack, using the weapons in both hands? It certainly seems that way from the animation, etc.

Yes, both weapons with the full attack gain +20acc, but the Red Flag Flying attack dont. 

I tried with, in main hand, Frostfall !

Encroached Frost (10% chance to frozen enemy on crit) work only on Frostfall attack, and Dispersed Suffering is a Frostfall Attack. Encroaching Frost is also a melee weapon attack (not Dispersed Suffering as AoE). 

Because Dispersed Suffering proc often with  SF/Red Flag crit-chain, it is not rare that the enemies around began Frozen. When this last effect crit, Swift Flurry can proc, That mean Swift Flurry in AoE (of course really random AoE but it is fun).

616791791_dispersedsf.png.5a34d27c1652572ca4cdf156c92ae4c2.png

Here, the 3 enemies in the Swift Flurry list are not in my character range, they have been crit by Dispersed Suffering (vs will) and then by Encroached Frost (vs fortitude, melee), and again then, Swift Flurry (Frostfall), twice for birta and the Rauatai, and 3 times for the musician!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Hm, Sungrazer can have two additional weapon attack rolls at the same time, too. Don't know if one of them is tagged as melee, but the AoE on crit-kill is pretty big. 

Blunt Rock and Impacting are only status effects (not attack), and the 2 AoE are, well, AoE.

Melee attack determinate an engagement radius and is the attack is unarmed. AoE attack determinete the area size of the attack. Ranged attack determinate the kind ant number of projectile for the attack. (maybe a melee attack at distance like Sunlance stop the target like an engagement does I dont know).

Other melee attack that can be nice is the reliatation and the interrupt of Magran's Blessing. Concussive and Fracture (Skullcrusher) are melee attack, Oppressive Fear, Battered Mind, Staggering Force, Fortune's Folly (but cant crit), debauchery, Capture (and upgrades), offensive parry, Death and Taxe (and upgrades), Sweep you off your Feet (cant crit), Bring Low, Undying Flame, Wrong Place*, Cacophony, Encroached Frost and Colossal are the other melee attacks from weapons (+the list from the topic).

*In the new topic Swift Flurry with spells 😮

58 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Btw, Saru Sichr's proc is not foe only, so unlike Mohora you can use it on charmed foes without being confused.

But Poison Dipped doent proc on itself hit, so on first damage proc, the debonaire bonus is removed. Other weapons work better for this purpose, like the Sanguine Great Sword or Wicked Beast, or maybe also Distraho with Menace.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

But Poison Dipped doent proc on itself hit, so on first damage proc, the debonaire bonus is removed. Other weapons work better for this purpose, like the Sanguine Great Sword or Wicked Beast, or maybe also Distraho with Menace.

How about Dominated, does it still get removed (or count at all)?

Hm idk why I never tried this before, but you can keep "looping" the exploit with save and reload on scordeos + sof for infinite accuracy.

Get 10 stacks of adaptive, switch weapons save and reload.

For some reason I thought it stops at 40 acc but it just doesn't. 😄

scord.jpg

2 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Get 10 stacks of adaptive, switch weapons save and reload.

For some reason I thought it stops at 40 acc but it just doesn't. 😄

I already know the trick but with imported sup. scordeo (I try different think about stackable effects). With two equipped Scordeo' Edge, you can get two different effects (only different upgrade can stack, the second same weapon dont trigger a same effect at all). With two Scordeo's Edge n different weapon set, you can stack a same effect, they are not ilsted together in the list.This is also true for some debuffs, like Artezzo's cane, dualwielded with Humble and Haughty, or Retentless (Willbreaker) in two weapon slot (this is why that work with phantoms).

About Dominated, that dont work at all with Debonaire. 

I dont know why the game didnt crash, but for sure with Mohora in offhand the game is surest.

• Like 2