Hey gang, was trying to wade through a search for Berath's Blessings and it comes up a lot, so I couldn't find this specific request (though I'm sure it's out there in the forum).  I only have 30ish points unocked so far, but what are your go to Berath's Blessings? A full ranking would be grand, but really, what's your top three, top five? Thanks!

i generally don't like the berath's blessings (too cheaty), but the ones I *do* like to use regularly:

• loaded pockets (basically makes pick pocketing worth doing in the first place, doesn't imbalance the game)
  • can i pet him (basically i treat it as a subclass for eder, though i "balance" this out by turning on an extra magran's fire challenge, because i'm a deadfire tryhard)
  • infamous past (for same reason limax said. i actually don't know if you *can* trigger mutiny anymore, it might be broken)

in the past i also liked item vendor for deflection-boosting gear, but then i found out you can get cloak of greater deflection from saving an adventurer in the old city, so i do that instead.

Here's how I created my very own ship of the damned. First, I only took sailors with bad traits (greedy, murderous, cruel, etc.) and put them on the biggest ship they could barely handle so they all had to work double shifts. Then I blew all my gold so I couldn't pay them. Then I threw all the food and water overboard. Then I kept sailing into storms and choosing all the stupidest things, "let's open all the windows", "sure let's eat this barrel of rotten fish", etc. I also removed all of my companions in case the sailors were intimidated by them. Then we just sailed back and forth across the map until eventually one of them killed the cook and I chose an Intimidation check that I knew I'd fail. Then I felt bad and reloaded.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Haff-a-month ain't really necro  :skull:

Bonus attributes is the Blessing, bonus skills is the second one for me. Infamous captain is extremely useful if you play a squishy in turn based and plan to board ships, because otherwise everyone and their dog will focus you in the first round.  

Item vendor in Port Maje is useful too and has good synergy with 50K money blessing. If you like Eder, not giving him a pet feels like a d†ck move. Piece of adra blessing is way too expensive for something that you will probably still have in your pocket when end credits roll. I never bother with pickpocketing so never use that one and -- unless @thelee says people regularly stuff their pockets with pyrite -- don't plan to. 

Ones that are IMO pointless: Start at level 4 , uncovered map, fine quality starting gear, advanced sails. 

Some of the ones you deem pointless are very useful for me, because they speed the early game up considerably. +4 lvl means +12 ACC. Combined with fine weapons you will have +16 ACC which lets me breeze over Maje Island. :)

Which is cool if you start a lot of new runs...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

i can get the point behind the +4 level one. actually i might do it next time around and just blast through port maje. if the +4 level one also let me completely skip port maje, that'd be even better. it's kind of like irenicus's dungeon in BG2; i've done it so much that it's not particularly interesting (especially when everyone has like 1 ability) and i'd rather skip to the "real" game.

I like Maje, and you can skip almost everything if you just want to sail off asap and, say, come back for Gorecci thugs some levels later so I really don't mind starting from zero. Granted, I probably spent a teeny tiny fraction of time there compared to you two... :)

• Like 1

Yes, generally I like Port Maje, too.

But just doing the initial cave over and over again makes you appreciate +16 ACC (and the rest that comes with +4 lvl and fine gear) a lot more. ;) I could skip a lot - but I'm just not the person for that. I always do everything... 🤷‍♂️

I have a ton of Berath Blessing points though - so the "competition" of the individual blessings is a lot less that it used to be (when those points were more scarce). lvl 4 costs 12 points which is expensive. Fine gear only costs 5 points though - and you can sell it for good money afterwards.

If I had to pick my top 5 blessings I'd say bonus attributes, 50K, "Can I pet him anyway?", Unique Item Vendor and Legendary Crew/Start at Level 4. Depending on the build sometimes Bonus Skill is important to me, too.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods