Friends access multiplayer without host

I think it would be cool if there was a way for people to access your multiplayer world when the host can’t play. For example, my son wants to play and upgrade his weapons/gather materials but I’m not always able to play when he wants to. So it would be cool if there was a way to select certain players certain roles in your world and can only do what you have allowed. Player, guest, spectator etc. maybe have a passcode or something to access the world. 

• Like 2

I agree with this; I have played a game called Icarus for a while, I am taking a break right now, but as long as your friends join the world, they can host it. I still don’t understand how it all works, I call it a dedicated server since anyone can host the world; really helped with doing missions on that game. I hope Grounded can do the same thing soon because not everyone can be on at the same time.

In all honesty your gonna be asking for microtransactions. They would essentially need to fund a dedicated server to grounded. Each server would need to be paid for monthly to recoup operation cost.  Conan Exiles and Minecraft do this currently and it's not free on either.  Ark allows you to host a dedicated server but it requires certain specifics in the comp you running it on.

So bottom line is unless Microsoft agrees to give server access with the Azure platform as part of gamepads then your looking at paying a fee mc is 7.99 and Conan 1.13per world (blocked in many countries including us)

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

There are two suggestions here:

Company Hosted

Just like "Minecraft Realms" where you pay a monthly subscription to the company, the company will keep a server open for you to play on with your friends.

Self Hosting
Terraria, Rust, Minecraft and other openworld exploratory games distribute a server.jar or service that can be run mostly on linux for people that want to self-host a server.

It allows the host to run it as a service in the background on a linux device that is on 24/7 so they don't actually have to launch the game on their PC every time to enable others to connect to the server.

I want a dedicated Server Version SAP.
You have a lot of opportunities for player connects, game configuration, savegame backups...etc.
All of your friends can join the game when ever they want.
We have a root server where we host in the past already games like 7 days to die, ARK, Conan exiles....
For my opinion the best way to play games like that in MP.