Anime and Manga - ゴゴゴゴ

PK htiw klaw eriF

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

him being annoyed by being called Pegasus

The rest is bad, but what is this? Were they aware of the horny horse back in the days of DEATH PHANTOM?

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

You should really watch Crystal at some point. It's eye-opening. :yes:

jotaro-kujo-no.gif

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 minute ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

The rest is bad, but what is this? Were they aware of the horny horse back in the days of DEATH PHANTOM?

No, that was just me making it up. Mamoru is super annoyed when Usagi is jealous and believes he would want Chibi-Usa in inappropriate ways. Like, he rightly should be. She all but calls him a pedophile in name there. :p

• Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 minute ago, majestic said:

No, that was just me making it up. Mamoru is super annoyed when Usagi is jealous and believes he would want Chibi-Usa in inappropriate ways. Like, he rightly should be. She all but calls him a pedophile in name there. :p

Well he is at least 18 and dating a 14 year old, so there may be something to that. Inb4 a libertarian finds this thread and does a 10 page rant on how hebephilia is not pedophilia.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

4 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

Well he is at least 18 and dating a 14 year old, so there may be something to that. Inb4 a libertarian finds this thread and does a 10 page rant on how hebephilia is not pedophilia.

In the manga/Crystal he is 16... the 18 bit was a change for the anime because no idea. :shrugz:

• Gasp! 2

Just now, majestic said:

In the manga/Crystal he is 16... the 18 bit was a change for the anime because no idea. :shrugz:

Ok then I take that back, Tuxedo Kamen can hit me with his Tuxedo Bomber Laser.

• Haha 1

You know, if Naoko Takeuchi had wrote Sailor Moon when she was like...I don't know, anywhere between like 14 and 18, some of the more..."interesting" creative decisions wouldn't be quite so glaring. Unfortunately, she was 24 by the time she started writing Sailor V and Sailor Moon, and some of the character and storytelling choices she made were pretty sketchy for a 24 year old woman.

P.S. While looking up how old Naoko Takeuchi was when started writing Sailor V/M, I came across this article about some images that are purported to be from a prototype Sailor V anime adaptation: http://sailormoonnews.com/2021/10/04/some-images-appear-to-be-from-a-sailor-v-anime-that-was-almost-made-before-sailor-moon/ Minako should've gotten her own show!

...And also this American Sailor Moon pilot monstrosity: https://lostmediawiki.com/Sailor_Moon_(partially_found_Toon_Makers'_live-action/animated_series_pilot;_1993)#Gallery

firefox_NDrlDqJG1t.png

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Confused 2
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

16 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

You know, if Naoko Takeuchi had wrote Sailor Moon when she was like...I don't know, anywhere between like 14 and 18, some of the more..."interesting" creative decisions wouldn't be quite so glaring. Unfortunately, she was 24 by the time she started writing Sailor V and Sailor Moon, and some of the character and storytelling choices she made were pretty sketchy for a 24 year old woman.

P.S. While looking up how old Naoko Takeuchi was when started writing Sailor V/M, I came across this article about some images that are purported to be from a prototype Sailor V anime adaptation: http://sailormoonnews.com/2021/10/04/some-images-appear-to-be-from-a-sailor-v-anime-that-was-almost-made-before-sailor-moon/ Minako should've gotten her own show!

...And also this American Sailor Moon pilot monstrosity: https://lostmediawiki.com/Sailor_Moon_(partially_found_Toon_Makers'_live-action/animated_series_pilot;_1993)#Gallery

firefox_NDrlDqJG1t.png

You know, there are somethings that shouldn't be shared.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

You know, there are somethings that shouldn't be shared.

firefox_mNBKjMKjPS.png

*chef's kiss*

-majestic, probably

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In what world does it make sense to not just edit and dub the original over doing a new cartoon?  I mean its one thing to insert 7-Zark-7 sequences (and the kids mindlessly playing music) to pad out edited episodes of Gatchaman (or to have them gathered around a grave talking about how the person in question was recovering in the hospital to try and change to context of scenes so as to not scar the kiddies), but to completely re-do Sailor Moon from scratch like its a sub-She-Ra concept is a bit wild, IMO.

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

8 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

firefox_mNBKjMKjPS.png

*chef's kiss*

-majestic, probably

4ec.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

15 minutes ago, Amentep said:

In what world does it make sense to not just edit and dub the original over doing a new cartoon?  I mean its one thing to insert 7-Zark-7 sequences (and the kids mindlessly playing music) to pad out edited episodes of Gatchaman (or to have them gathered around a grave talking about how the person in question was recovering in the hospital to try and change to context of scenes so as to not scar the kiddies), but to completely re-do Sailor Moon from scratch like its a sub-She-Ra concept is a bit wild, IMO.

Yeah, it's a real shame they didn't go through with it, otherwise @majestic's OCD would've required that he watch the entire thing. We've been robbed again! Of course, then we wouldn't have the precious original English dub either, which we should also force majestic to watch all of...

(e): Heck, maybe if the American version had been made, they might've aired that over in Germany instead of the original, and his entire childhood would have been an endless empty void.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 2

19 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Germany

I'll let that slide this time because I actually really watched Sailor Moon on a German TV channel... :p

I've seen some parts of the adaptation in a Sailor Moon YouTube documentary already, by the way, I can't find it any more though. It talked at length about how some episodes were available in Canada before the US and all that jazz, but... dunno where that review is. It seems gone. It singed my mind and I opted not to mention it. :yes:

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Ha, found it!

Yeah, it's one of "those" YouTubers. Narration is terrible and all that. But... it has actual footage. Like. HOLY CRAP I forgot how awful that was.

edit: Although, not the one I thought it was, to be honest. That was some other documentary I can't find any more, or a few things fused in my mind, that's entirely possible. Used to watch a whole lot of those during the rewatch.

edit 2:

Have fun with this fun thing too:

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 1

Seems like the cartoon was going to end up being a weird Power Rangers type version of Sailor Moon, a Live Action/Cartoon hybrid though as opposed to Power Ranger's US cast cutting to existing footage from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.  At least that makes sense of why they'd need original animation - they'd need to match the actors they cast for the live action.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I feel sympathy for Browsh having to do that, but professionalism is good to see.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This Nanoha movie is so painful. Kyrie's enrage mode ends up beating everyone, she shoots herself through her guts to hurt her sister who crept up behind her and takes off with Hayate's Book of Darkness (tm). The fact that I can understand about half of the dialogue also pretty much implies that the actual dialog writing is pretty simple, to put it in nice terms. Kyrie yells 大嫌い (daikirai, lit. big dislike, i.e. I HATE YOU, in the same way Anakin hates Obi-Wan, you get he idea) at Amite before shooting herself and her sister.

There's some post-battle cleanup, then this happens:

BiuT4wO.png

Arisa is slapping Nanoha's ass because Nanoha looks a bit forlorn and is worried about not being able to help the girl that almost killed everyone.

Both of these are typical Nanoha things, although in the past seasons Nanoha trying to understand her enemy's motivations was better written and made sense. The silly assault stuff is just absolutely hot pants. I mean, pants. Sorry. Got distracted by the image.

Spoiler

Not.

There's a slight chance that this is a homage to Star Trek: TOS...

Eh, but, I kinda doubt that. :p

Five MINUTES. I made five minutes progress after I swore to myself not to post about this trashy film until I'm done watching, and look where we are... *sigh*

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, majestic said:

Yeah, it's one of "those" YouTubers. Narration is terrible and all that. But... it has actual footage. Like. HOLY CRAP I forgot how awful that was.

"Ever since you fell off the roof, you've been acting like a granola bar!" Lmao, the original English dub is amazing. ...Hey, wait, the video lady said that was supposed to be a demonstration of how bad the dub was, what gives! Ah, screw it, she doesn't get it...

Tia Browsh sure, uh, had to record a lot of those clips. ...I'm thinking anime hairstyles should uh, probably stay in anime.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Tia Browsh sure, uh, had to record a lot of those clips. ...I'm thinking anime hairstyles should uh, probably stay in anime.

I think those aired before or after the DiC dub episodes aired. A lot of that DiC stuff is absolutely epic in this special trash kind of way, no wonder some people prefer it to the more "serious" dub by Viz, and I'm finally beginning to understand why there are people who claim that the "original" Sailor Moon anime was gritty. I mean, yeah, sure, compared to the DiC stuff it sometimes really was, but in general, people really do act like granola bars when they claim it was. :p

It's too bad the Sailor Says channel is gone.

18 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

ce21702a53fe25803c4d704fdc3d77210d0b9c5a

Sailor Dark Mercury disagrees with your asessment! Aku probably does too, but then you'd complain about me using your memes again. :p

edit:

Kyrie's inredibly inconspicuous AI friend "Iris" from a tablet she found as a kid just freed an Evil Overlord (TM) from the Book of Darkness and resurrected two of his servants. Evil Overlord speaks in a deep, distorted voice just to drive home the fact that this is a good idea and everthing will be zettai daijoubu da yo, to quote Sakura.

Edited by majestic

I would also like to log a formal complaint that this thread is once again in @KP on top of ZA WARUDO's custody. It would have been @Bartimaeus' turn now. :yes: 

That aside, I'm once again calling it quits. A girl called Lightning Levi (or more literally Levi of Lightning), one of the servants of the totally not evil Overlord from the Book of Darkness showed up. Not only is she a Bokukko, but she also just goes ahead and summons a Mecha from the seafloor by striking everything with lightning. Because she's Lightning Levi, and of course there's a giant mech turtle waiting to be activated on the seafloor, because this is Japan and there's plenty of weird stuff in the sea there.

fXpiVEL.png

This is the stuff people prefer over StrikerS, because people are stupid. I don't even...

NRtSPPK.png

Godzilla just called, he's unhappy he wasn't invited to the party.

20 minutes, not bad. At this rate I'll be done on Sunday, and then it's one more film... just one more. Sigh. I really should have continued with Magic User's Club or The Shounen Adventures of Shaoran, or maybe even Lady Asuka. Anything, really.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

There's a slight chance that this is a homage to Star Trek: TOS...

I think there were two TOS episodes in a row that featured hu-mons gaining reality warping powers. That one is the one where it's a kid who they take in that starts harassing a yeoman right?

Just now, majestic said:

I would also like to log a formal complaint that this thread is once again in @KP on top of ZA WARUDO's custody. It would have been @Bartimaeus' turn now

Blame @Amentep. You will never be free from JOESTAR-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. 

thumb_how-does-it-feel-dio-prince-jojo-b

If

@Bartimaeus wants to title the thread I'll do it for him. Even if it means sacrificing a JoJoke.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just split off the last page without concern. It was coincidental who was on top (oo-er).

• Gasp! 1

14 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

I think there were two TOS episodes in a row that featured hu-mons gaining reality warping powers. That one is the one where it's a kid who they take in that starts harassing a yeoman right?

Yeah, he correctly picks up the idea of a friendly slap on the ass and applies it gender neutral to Yeoman Rand, and then is very confused about why it's okay for men to touch the butts of other men, but not the butts of women. However, Charlie isn't a human that develops reality warping powers but an alien that always had them. He just passed off as human. :)

edit:

11 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Sorry, I just split off the last page without concern. It was coincidental who was on top (oo-er).

I was half-joking.

Edited by majestic
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, majestic said:

Yeah, he correctly picks up the idea of a friendly slap on the ass and applies it gender neutral to Yeoman Rand, and then is very confused about why it's okay for men to touch the butts of other men, but not the butts of women. However, Charlie isn't a human that develops reality warping powers but an alien that always had them. He just passed off as human. :)

Huh, for some reason I thought he was adopted by aliens or something. I think the one after that mutated a couple of crewman into superbeings with silver eyes or something. TOS could be weird.

• Gasp! 1