Hit Hard, Run Fast, Turn Left. The 2022 Baseball Thread

Guard Dog

The beauty is that the 3-Run Home Run strategy is still the most viable way to score runs, but you also can't discount stealing second base at a better than 83% clip.

Plus the new rules have the added benefit of actually correcting the inherent faulty geometry of the game. Each base now being exactly 90 ft and at 90 degree angles.

https://www.mlb.com/news/basepath-measurements-with-new-bigger-bases

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

posted 'cause o' the bizarre box score, but mainly 'cause am thinking we need a trash pandas jersey and/or hat.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 4/10/2023 at 5:44 PM, Gromnir said:

posted 'cause o' the bizarre box score, but mainly 'cause am thinking we need a trash pandas jersey and/or hat.

HA! Good Fun!

It's ironic that a Reds affiliate won that game since last season the actual Reds did the same thing. Lost a no hitter. Sort of a redemption there I guess.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the A's bought land for a stadium in Las Vegas. Looks like they are leaving CA.

• Sad 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Just saw the A's bought land for a stadium in Las Vegas. Looks like they are leaving CA.

Yeah, pretty sad. The plans for the Jack London Square stadium are beautiful and could really revitalize Downtown Oakland, but the A's owner and the city have been at war for close to a decade over it. :(

The A's will likely thrive in Vegas, just like the Knight and the Raiders. I'm planning on retiring to Summerlin someday, so I guess I'm not too bummed.