Arcane Reflection spells have a limit of total spells reflected by amount of level : 30 spell levels for PL 6 Arcane reflection. Standards AoE spells like Chillfog, Storm of Holy Fire, Writ of Sorcery or Arcane Dampener are not reflected however. 

Venombloom is a little different : the raw damages and the Weakened affliction are not reflected, but only the Frightened effect. With a resolve immunity for the Druid, in some ticks (depend of the PL bonus the druid get) the Arcane Reflection is removed, without malus.  

Another good spell that clear quickly the Arcane Reflection is Avenging Storm, even if Shock damages are reflected : it is available on top with scroll or item and a multi-hits weapon clear the effect on potentially one hit! 

Another class really interesting to clear the effect in the same way is Cipher : with (for exemple) Mental Binding, if the reflecting ennemy is only in the AoE, the immobilized effect is not reflected. But if he is the target, the Paralized effect is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Another good spell that clear quickly the Arcane Reflection is Avenging Storm, even if Shock damages are reflected : it is available on top with scroll or item and a multi-hits weapon clear the effect on potentially one hit! 

Yeah I discovered this with blunderbuss. A moderate amount of self-lightning damage to absolutely strip away reflection is a nice trade off.

i think it helps that even though each individual bolt doesn’t do much it still counts as 8 spell levels per bolt

• Like 1

That's interesting. I would have thought that it doesn't get reflected. Will they reflect chillfog, too? Because "normal" reflection like on wizards and common sigils (of death etc.) does not work on chillfog. And both spells are pulsing damage spells. But maybe Symbol of Eothas is implemented differently - or the reflection of the sigils are. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Chillfog is not reflected, only Venombloom : according to the description, the damages and weaken effects are threated as AoE , and the Frightened effect is wrote as Target. AoE doesnt affect the reflection, but Target does!

Sigils have not spell limit (I took a look in the game files), but Arcane Cleanse or equivalent should work.

• Like 1