Vital_strike_icon.png.2de626176da346e769cef3e0ab1deef9.png

Against a dex immune ennemy, Arterial Strike applie first the damage roll. On success, also applie Hobbled. Intuitively, the immune ennemy take only the damages and that's all.

But no : the secondary effect, DoT on walk (per 0,3s) is applied anyway the immunity, and the same for Gouging Strike (but not Counfouding Strike) vs Per. immune, Toxic Strike vs Con. immune, and Perplexing Sap thing vs Int. immune.

I personally didn't know that before today, when I had some fun with Arterial Strike in AoE + Telekinetic Burst repeatedly (less efficient than 3* Imbue Eora but it is nice)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

But no : the secondary effect, DoT on walk (per 0,3s) is applied anyway the immunity, and the same for Gouging Strike (but not Counfouding Strike) vs Per. immune, Toxic Strike vs Con. immune, and Perplexing Sap thing vs Int. immune.

yeah i knew this about arterial strike (had some fun kiting some dex "immune" foes around), but did not know this about gouging strike and toxic strike!

i have a mental image of you as a mad scientist in some lab just constantly trying every permutation of ability/class against every permutation of enemy.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Gouging Strike (but not Counfouding Strike) vs Per. immune

Yes, I think the only enemy in the game that won't outright die if given enough time under Gouging Strike is Auranic if you haven't taken her Sigils out before (because of her death shield before she can trigger Last Trick, which she can only do if you're in her visual range - then die).

As I discovered on a solo run when I was just patiently waiting for her to die under GG, she didn't, I went up there to check it out, she cast last trick and died >>>> all the sigils went ballistic on my character no matter where I possibly was in the cave and I died in seconds.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thelee said:

i have a mental image of you as a mad scientist in some lab just constantly trying every permutation of ability/class against every permutation of enemy.

Frankenstein's RPG (Mad Scientist Game Design) | EN World | Dungeons &  Dragons | Tabletop Roleplaying Games

IT IS ALIVE!!!! AND TEMPORAL COCOON CAN BE CHEESED TO IMMORTALITY!!! YESSSS.

BTW I think you should trademark this new technique, like "Cocooning" or something. That would be cute.

"Now, just nicely cocoon your Wizard to infinity, before you go murder everyone in the game with impunity".

• Haha 1

blood tennis with the phantom 😄

(well actually the phantom is counterproductive when you want to use Arterial Strike - because it always follows up and doesn't let the enemy come). Confused Berserker/Priest with "Halt" to the win! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods