[Fassina Conjurer Build] - The Hunchback of the Cupboard

Build for Fassina as a pure Wizard Conjurer.

Given that lots of conjurer spells have long casting times and we have a penalty to recovery time in non-conjurer schools of magic due to specialization, we need to prioritize abilities/items that increase dexterity and/or action speed.

Leveling:

• Chill Fog
  • Necrotic Lance + Weapon and Shield Style / [respec later to Two-Handed Style if you want to focus on the staff or ranged weapon damage]
  • Spirit Shield
  • Noxious Burst + Deleterious Alacrity of Motion
  • Bears Fortitude
  • Wall of Fire + Combusting Wounds
  • Infuse with Vital Essence
  • Rapid Casting + Ninagauths Bitter Mooring
  • Arcane Dampener / Pull of Eora
  • Ninagauths Freezing Pillar + Llengraths Safeguard
  • Quick Summoning
  • Spirit of Decay + Secrets of the Rime
  • Uncanny Luck
  • Improved Critical
  • Martial Caster + Combat Focus
  • Tough
  • Snake's Reflexes / Accurate Empower
  • Prestige + Bulls Will / Potent Empower Penetrating Empower
  • Spell Shaping / Lasting Empower

Active Skills:  10 total combined points into Alchemy and the remaining into Arcana

Passive Skills: All Metaphysics

Proficiency: Dagger, Club, Flail, Quarterstaff etc

Gear:

• Head: Mask of the Grotto Deep / Serpent Crown / Helm of the White Void / Heavens Cacophony / Blackened Plate Helm / Acina's Tricorn
  • Neck: Strand of Favor / Charm of Bones
  • Armor: Spider Silk Robe with Poison Master / High Harbinger's Robe
  • Ring 1: Kuaru’s Prize
  • Ring 2: Ring of the Marksman / Ring of Overseeing / Something with perception bonus or whatever you like
  • Feet: Boots of Stone / Footprints of Ahu Taka / Pathfinder's Boots
  • Waist: Upright Captain’s Belt
  • Hands: Firethrower’s Gloves / Apothecary’s Gloves
  • Cape: Shroud of the Phantasm

Weapons:

Griffin’s Blade with Hound’s Courage + Outworn Buckler

Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff with Elemental Induction

Blightheart

How to play:

Set the A.I. to cast Deleterious Alacrity of Motion immediately, Infuse With Vital Essence plus any quick buffs you like then cast Caedebald's Blackbow and Finish with a Phantom.

Infuse with Vital Essence will trigger Mystical Celerity from the Shroud of the Phantasm and the phantom will copy the Blackbow and you will end up with two ranged characters.

Because the AI of the phantom is underwhelming is better to cast Essential Phantom because this one will not try to cast useless spells.

Note:

If you make Fassina as a Loremaster the same design principle still applies but you will have access to other summons, don't know about Sorcerer though.

Edited by kronozord
  • Like 2

Yes, Blackbow + Phantom is very nice to have and fun, too. :)

May I ask why you are using the Mask of the Grotto Deep and the Spider Silk Robes?

Do they synergize particularly well with something you are using (like poisons)?

9 hours ago, kronozord said:

we need to prioritize abilities/items that increase dexterity and/or action speed.

When prioritizing DEX/Action speed items - wouldn't an armor like High Harbinger's Robes for example be the better choice? And instead of Griffin's Blade maybe Xoti's Sickle or so?

What do you think about Blightheart? It would give a 10% corrosive lash to all your direct dmg spells - and the healing effect can be prolonged with Wall of Draining (along with Healing from Hands of Light gloves for example).

What's your opinion about Ring of the Marksman when using the Blackbow? It would give you +2 PEN for the bow in combination with Spirit of Decay - and the Phantom +1 PEN. The added accuracy would also be nice to have on yourself and the phantom.

For that reason I also use the Helm of the White Void: it would grant you and the phantom +10 ACC with shots of the Blackbow because it comes with terrify and thus even the initial attack roll always gets the +10 ACC. And course +10 ACC for all spells that apply afflictions (like Chillfog etc.).

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, Blackbow + Phantom is very nice to have and fun, too. :)

May I ask why you are using the Mask of the Grotto Deep and the Spider Silk Robes?

Do they synergize particularly well with something you are using (like poisons)?

When prioritizing DEX/Action speed items - wouldn't an armor like High Harbinger's Robes for example be the better choice? And instead of Griffin's Blade maybe Xoti's Sickle or so?

What do you think about Blightheart? It would give a 10% corrosive lash to all your direct dmg spells - and the healing effect can be prolonged with Wall of Draining (along with Healing from Hands of Light gloves for example).

What's your opinion about Ring of the Marksman when using the Blackbow? It would give you +2 PEN for the bow in combination with Spirit of Decay - and the Phantom +1 PEN. The added accuracy would also be nice to have on yourself and the phantom.

For that reason I also use the Helm of the White Void: it would grant you and the phantom +10 ACC with shots of the Blackbow because it comes with terrify and thus even the initial attack roll always gets the +10 ACC. And course +10 ACC for all spells that apply afflictions (like Chillfog etc.).

Mask of Grotto Deep and Spider Silk Robes were indeed because of the poison levels (the INT bonus is also nice), there are 2 poison spells that we are using so why not pump them.

High Harbinger Robes combos nicely with Deleterious Alacrity of Motion but i didn't use it because of the extra poison levels but is a nice idea.

Xoti's Sickle with Urgent Harvest only improves the attack speed of the weapon also i don't want to invest in religion because of the Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff.

Blightheart is a nice alternative but i prefer the PL and modal from the staff. There is so much friendly fire that can be used to trigger Elemental Induction from the staff and it works with spells.

I didn't remember the Ring of the Marksman, i will add it to the list of equipment.

I didn't know that the bow causes Terrified there's no description of that in the label but you are correct as always.

Edited by kronozord
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kronozord said:

Mask of Grotto Deep and Spider Silk Robes were indeed because of the poison levels, there are 2 poison spells that we are using so why not pump them.

👍 Got you. :) 
I recently discovered that several Druid spells that get countered by "antidote" (and thus are poison/disease spells one would presume) won't profit from poison power levels anymore - and so I assumed it also wouldn't work for Wizard poison spells anymore. I just checked ingame again and indeed the two Wizard spells Noxious Burst and Malignant Cloud do still profit from the Poison PL of both items. They have "poison" displayed in the description.
I then went again to the druid spells and the only spell that still profits from poison PLs is Venombloom. It hasn't the keyowrd poison in the description. 🤷‍♂️ There's the antidote keyword and then there's the poison keyword and some druid spells lack the poison keyword while they still get countered by antidote effects and immunity (vessels etc.). Bit messy...

Maybe something to fix with the Community Patch @MaxQuest? Maybe the workings are correct (disease spells could get countered by antidote but wouldn't profit from poison) - but maybe then an improved descripion or descriptive keywords (poison & disease maybe) would be useful? It seems that "poison" is considered a wizard-only keyword so they left it out of the druid tree. But imo that's confusing as heck. 

33 minutes ago, kronozord said:

Xoti's Sickle with Urgent Harvest only improves the attack speed of the weapon also i don't want to invest in religion because of the Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff.

Right, I misremembered Urgent Harvest's workings, my bad. Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff is nice of course.

35 minutes ago, kronozord said:

I didn't know that the bow causes Terrified there's no description of that in the label

True. Only the description of the spell mentions it iirc - but it isn't described in the weapon's description I think.
Yeah, it's pretty cool - also that this means that the Helm of the White Void is so useful then. But something like Acina's Tricorn would also work I guess (sometimes looks a bit funky though, especially with robes). Of course the Mask of the Grotto Deep is also a cool fashion piece sort of (and the INT is also nice). ;) 

38 minutes ago, kronozord said:

but you are correct as always.

Well you proved me wrong above so I don't know about that, hehe. ;) 

---
Had I known about the combo of Helm of the White Void + Caedebald's Blackbow I would have played Fassina differently in my last run with her I believe. 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe something to fix with the Community Patch @MaxQuest? Maybe the workings are correct (disease spells could get countered by antidote but wouldn't profit from poison) - but maybe then an improved descripion or descriptive keywords (poison & disease maybe) would be useful? It seems that "poison" is considered a wizard-only keyword so they left it out of the druid tree. But imo that's confusing as heck. 

That is working correctely with the Balance Polishing Mod.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, kronozord said:

Gear

Is there like one or two grimoires that can be used if you plan to do Loremaster? I was thinking this could be a good alternative to taking so many of the wizard spells using points. I was looking over the chanter summoning spells and if I knew what grimoires to use I could spare some more points to boost the strength of my summoned creatures. Any suggestions?