Anime - Kono Dio Da!

Amentep

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

6dcae56bf8a4cd64921e242a566e7369.gif

da2.gif

• Confused 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Agents of Goldsteins;gate, episode 1. The English voice actor for Kaji reminded me of Okarin...strike that, reverse it. So I thought maybe I'd be able to listen to it, but then I heard anime girl's voice and had traumatic Madoka Magica PTSD flashbacks and was like "nah". So I switched to the Japanese and was punched directly in the brain with a bunch of gross and uncomfortable-sounding Japanese mouth sounds on top of the dub and direction just sounding kind of strange and I was like "nah". So I switched to the English and I kind of realized that the resemblance of Okarin to Kaji was farther away than I initially thought and I don't really like the direction for the English either...and then the Madoka knockoff started squealing about a metal oompa loompa or something and I wanted to die. So I switched to the Japanese and got hit with Okarin making a bunch more awful and uncomfortable mouth sounds and I wanted to die. So I switched to the English and was pleasantly surprised to see the English dub removed all of the terrible and unnecessary mouth sounds, and the guy, Okarin, no joke, called the red-haired girl an "illustrious agent" and I had traumatic PTSD flashbacks to Mari from Rebuild of Evangelion. So I stayed on the English because while that was indeed somewhat traumatic, it wasn't really the dub's fault especially considering it came out before...wait, no, it came out *after* Rebuild 2.0, so I guess it is kind of the dub's fault. So I switched to the Japanese because I wanted to hear this Makise girl's voice in the Japanese dub and was immediately greeted with *her* having her own uncomfortable mouth sounds. So I switched to the English because at this point because I am not going to listen to a show with main characters that won't stop making those detestable sounds with their face holes, and that's that, no matter how bad the English is. But then the Madoka knockoff appeared again and...

Okarin's phone turned to static, :huh:. I don't...think that's really possible, :p.

This terrible conversation between him and anime girl is...thank goodness, finally over. To think, it only took killing Makise(?) to finally end it...I mean, it was only like a 30 second conversation, but it's really bad-sounding dialogue in the English dub. OH NO, SHE'S BACK! Okay, wait, there was a time shift...OH NO, SHE'S BACK! It is at this juncture that we reach the intro music, which for some reason happens halfway into the episode, and I have to consider whether I have the constitution for another half of this...and I think the answer is no, no I don't. Usually switching to Japanese is my fallback for a bad English dub that's ruining all the dialogue and scenes, but that's not an option here what with the Japanese VAs deciding to stick their microphones inside of their mouths while they're trying to voice act and all. It's funny - because I mostly watch older Japanese shows where the VAs don't have every breath recorded by their microphones, I honestly kind of forgot that this could be a problem with a number of newer animes, but now that I'm subjected to a newer show where it's a problem, I'm remembering that this is a particular issue I've had a few times before all over again.

Eleven minutes for a 2011 anime show - it was a good run, folks. We'll get 'em next time!

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Eleven minutes for a 2011 anime show - it was a good run, folks.

png-clipart-homura-akemi-kyubey-sayaka-m

He is as surprised as I am!

Huh, so you dropped it before Okarin's general behaviour makes you want him to end up bludgeoned to death. Not bad. I think that's... probably for the best. :p

• Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I kind of already wanted to bludgeon him in those first eleven minutes since he was already pretty schizo-seeming for no apparent good reason, but not necessarily to death. I figured he'd get better, though, not worse - that there'd presumably be some kind of good reason for his wacky behavior. Was that a bad assumption on my part? ...And to be fair to him, I did actually want to bludgeon the unnamed(?) black-haired girl to death, but that's mostly on the basis of the English version of her being absolutely terrible.

(e): Also, I feel pretty confident I'll be able to tolerate K-On for longer than that. Pretty confident...but not absolutely certain, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

21 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I kind of already wanted to bludgeon him in those first eleven minutes since he was already pretty schizo-seeming for no apparent good reason, but not necessarily to death. I figured he'd get better, though, not worse - that there'd presumably be some kind of good reason for his wacky behavior.

My only guess at this point - after a couple of episodes - is that he's fairly addled from messing with the timelines. That's based on a couple of episodes and KP's hint that Okarin is his name in this timeline, suggesting that there might be others where his actual name is Hououin. Or whatever. I'm not nearly far enough in to have any idea what's really going on. Other than many worlds style time travel. That's pretty much a fact now.

Not surprising with this being based on John Titor whose act was to pretend to be a time traveller switching between timelines/many worlds.

23 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

...And to be fair to him, I did actually want to bludgeon the unnamed(?) black-haired girl to death, but that's mostly on the basis of the English version of her being absolutely terrible.

Tututru! Honestly, uhm... Tuturu-Girl... yesterday I knew her name, now I don't, what the hell is it with this show, Tuturu-Girl is probably the only character I really like so far. Christina puts up with way too much nonsense from Okarin, Daru is, ugh, and weird John Titor expy girl is, eh. *reads up* It's Mayuri. Tuturu-Girl is Mayuri, perhaps typing helps. Christina* is actually Kurisu - that's the red haired girl that got stabbed. I'm kind of expecting her to not survive the show based on how it started with her dying in the first place.

28 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

(e): Also, I feel pretty confident I'll be able to tolerate K-On for longer than that. Pretty confident...but not absolutely certain, :p.

Neither am I. Assuming you can, there's some fun to be had, I mean, you already watched that best of clip anyway. If not, I'll not be overly surprised. If you end up finding the first few episodes too crass, maybe drop into a random second season one, it's not like there are spoilers to be afraid of.

*Okarin calls her Christina based on her first name's pronunciation (Kris, because silent u's), so Kristina seems more apt, but it's written as Christina everywhere. Whatever.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Tututru! Honestly, uhm... Tuturu-Girl... yesterday I knew her name, now I don't, what the hell is it with this show, Tuturu-Girl is probably the only character I really like so far.

Yeah, I was considering a scheme where I would switch between audio tracks depending on what character was talking, before I slapped myself in the face for even thinking of such a ridiculous idea when I could just watch something else, :p.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Other than many worlds style time travel. That's pretty much a fact now.

Ah, yes, my favorite form of time travel - the one where nothing matters and it usually just serves as an excuse to have crazy crap happen constantly, :yes:. Be sure to let me know how that works out for this specific series! ;)

Cardcaptor Sakura:

Spoiler

The intro was playing while I was writing this post and I'm a little horrified to report that I was actually slightly albeit totally unconsciously dancing to the song as I was typing. Ay, karamba! ...Maybe it's a song that benefits from the listener *not* paying attention to it while it's playing?

Starting off good, Sakura - sweeping the grass with a broom in the yard is totally normal!

mpc-hc64_PmNC4sv11o.png

Oh, yeah, it just cut to her face, and she's in a total fugue. ...Uh, I guess the broom was normal? Ain't these guys ever heard of a rake...or do brooms actually work better at sweeping up leaves on grass than I think they would? And he just moved Toya's(?) bike out of the way, and the name of the episode was the Runaway Bike or something, so I guess I kind of already know how this one is going to go, haha. Half-surprised he didn't join her for dinner to put some sort of spell on her father as well.

...Apparently, Toya is better at detecting magic than Sakura is, or at least when Sakura is so doggone tired. Heh, Toya stealing one of Sakura's shrimp is especially funny to me because she says it's her favorite food as it is mine, and my wrath would be great indeed if that happened to me!

mpc-hc64_ApigctEi9p.png

Yep, just like that, Sakura! ...Sadly, she has way more restraint than I do, :(.

Not really sure where Dash is going with the bike here...presumably, it picked the bike for a reason, maybe to protect her? Hmm... Tomoyo isn't picking up the SPECIAL SAKURA PHONE? IS TOMOYO DEAD?! WHAT HAPPENED?! GOOD LORD!

Oh hey, they actually found a legitimate use for Loop, probably the weirdest card in her entire arsenal - that's pretty cool. ...Although I feel like this episode was almost written entirely with that specific aim in mind, but okay, that's fine. Still don't really know why Dash went straight for the cursed bike - surely that was not the spell Eriol put on it?

Thank goodness, Tomoyo is alive. Apparently, she was taking a bath. How horrifically irresponsible of her! And, uh, apparently, she has a thing for Sakura specifically being asleep. Hmm, okay.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Agents of Goldsteins;gate, episode 1.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Yeah, that's fair. ...That's gotta be one of the worst-sounding laughs I've heard in anime thus far, though.

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, that's fair. ...That's gotta be one of the worst-sounding laughs I've heard in anime thus far, though.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I was considering a scheme where I would switch between audio tracks depending on what character was talking, before I slapped myself in the face for even thinking of such a ridiculous idea when I could just watch something else, :p.

Well, that's certainly a creative solution, but a bit troublesome for actual dialogue. How about just turning the sound off? :p

Ah, yes, my favorite form of time travel - the one where nothing matters and it usually just serves as an excuse to have crazy crap happen constantly, :yes:. Be sure to let me know how that works out for this specific series! ;)

I think I'm one of the few people on this forum who doesn't think time travel stories are bad a priori. They often are, but they don't have to be. So far Steins;Gate is fairly interesting, but I love that silly conspiracy stuff. It's just everything else that bothers me. Seriously, what is the deal with that color palette? Why is sometimes half the screen drowning in excessive brightness? Never mind Okarin.

Cardcaptor Sakura:

Reveal hidden contents

The intro was playing while I was writing this post and I'm a little horrified to report that I was actually slightly albeit totally unconsciously dancing to the song as I was typing. Ay, karamba! ...Maybe it's a song that benefits from the listener *not* paying attention to it while it's playing?

Starting off good, Sakura - sweeping the grass with a broom in the yard is totally normal!

mpc-hc64_PmNC4sv11o.png

Oh, yeah, it just cut to her face, and she's in a total fugue. ...Uh, I guess the broom was normal? Ain't these guys ever heard of a rake...or do brooms actually work better at sweeping up leaves on grass than I think they would? And he just moved Toya's(?) bike out of the way, and the name of the episode was the Runaway Bike or something, so I guess I kind of already know how this one is going to go, haha. Half-surprised he didn't join her for dinner to put some sort of spell on her father as well.

...Apparently, Toya is better at detecting magic than Sakura is, or at least when Sakura is so doggone tired. Heh, Toya stealing one of Sakura's shrimp is especially funny to me because she says it's her favorite food as it is mine, and my wrath would be great indeed if that happened to me!

mpc-hc64_ApigctEi9p.png

Yep, just like that, Sakura! ...Sadly, she has way more restraint than I do, :(.

Not really sure where Dash is going with the bike here...presumably, it picked the bike for a reason, maybe to protect her? Hmm... Tomoyo isn't picking up the SPECIAL SAKURA PHONE? IS TOMOYO DEAD?! WHAT HAPPENED?! GOOD LORD!

Oh hey, they actually found a legitimate use for Loop, probably the weirdest card in her entire arsenal - that's pretty cool. ...Although I feel like this episode was almost written entirely with that specific aim in mind, but okay, that's fine. Still don't really know why Dash went straight for the cursed bike - surely that was not the spell Eriol put on it?

Thank goodness, Tomoyo is alive. Apparently, she was taking a bath. How horrifically irresponsible of her! And, uh, apparently, she has a thing for Sakura specifically being asleep. Hmm, okay.

Spoiler

Ah, the silly panicky bike episode. Poor Sakura learns that her card-friends might fade out and goes on a conversion spree only to lose control. I also don't think that was what Eriol had planned, but hey, well... sometimes it's not all too clear what he really was planning. At least he stopped siccing deadly pianos on her.

The next episode is one of the greats, or at least I thought so. :yes:

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, majestic said:

Well, that's certainly a creative solution, but a bit troublesome for actual dialogue. How about just turning the sound off?

That is a solution I had not considered, but probably should've, especially in light of indirectly doing so for Nadia's filler episodes recently. How about you watch a bit more of the show and let me know if you at least semi-seriously think I should try to pursue that option first? :p

KP's video was of Mikase (Christina?) laughing.

Sakura: Yeah, that was probably one of the weaker episodes I've seen throughout the entire show, I think. Still not bad by any means, of course, but weaker.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

That is a solution I had not considered, but probably should've, especially in light of indirectly doing so for Nadia's filler episodes recently. How about you watch a bit more of the show and let me know if you at least semi-seriously think I should try to pursue that option first? :p

Yeah, I don't think so, you already turned it off way before the things that bother me, and I'm a lot more, uhm, forgiving than the Emperor. I mean, how's that Death Star II construction coming along? :p

15 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

KP's video was of Mikase (Christina?) laughing.

Kurisu Makise, yes. Hey, I'm getting the hang of these names.

21 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Sakura: Yeah, that was probably one of the weaker episodes I've seen throughout the entire show, I think. Still not bad by any means, of course, but weaker.

I'm not entirely certain, but the arc should pick up from now. Well, not the arc per se, more like the episodes should improve from here. Like you said, not bad by any means, but... the first arc/first two seasons were consistently better once out of their first couple of episodes. Guess that first arc was lightning in a bottle, but let's reserve judgement for after everything is said and done, and the highs are over. :yes:

• Like 1

Speaking of crazy laughs, Meiling is still missing and I don't like it.

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

Emperor

I feel like I need someone less comically evil but just as petty and needlessly cruel as my metaphorical comparison for how I perceive things. Palpatine's too charming and too much fun to be it - ya need someone who's way more of an unlikable jerk, someone whose feelings and motivations are clear and obvious, but which still don't really make any kind of logical sense or make them even the least bit sympathetic, :yes:.

7 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

snip

At least there wasn't audio this time, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Speaking of crazy laughs, Meiling is still missing and I don't like it.

Ho humm. Ho, ho, humm. But yeah, I know. Meiling would be really nice to have around. :(

19 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I feel like I need someone less comically evil but just as petty and needlessly cruel as my metaphorical comparison for how I perceive things. Palpatine's too charming and too much fun to be it - ya need someone who's way more of an unlikable jerk, someone whose feelings and motivations are clear and obvious, but which still don't really make any kind of logical sense or make them even the least bit sympathetic, :yes:.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by not making logical sense, but okay, then you can be Mr. Heisenberg. :yes:

Guess it would be nice to just be able to Hurlshot it out, huh (poor Hurlshot always works as a stand-in for these things, heh)?

Spoiler

Needless to say, while I can understand where you're coming from here, I don't really agree with it. Tastes are what they are. In my real life group of friends, and I use the term group here very loosely because that amounts to like three people (of which one I would consider really close), that's usually my job, especially when they drag me to the theater to watch something with them. Sometimes when a tertiary character is tagging along, like a friend of the sister of a friend of mine who for no reason decided to "enhance" my evening with their presence, I get asked if I ever just enjoyed a film. As in any film at all. :p

The others expect nothing else and are surprised whenver I really liked someting. I feel though as if I'm much less picky when it comes to anime than when it comes to live action TV and films. I don't think there's any objective reason, outside of the break from reality between something that looks like real life and something that doesn't at all, but that can't be the entire reason.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, fun fact. Once per year we have a vote for the "Youth word of the Year" and skylern (German for "to skyler" - to be annoying, like Walter White's wife Skyler White) was a top contender for a while. Sometimes the votes get overruled, because Alpha-Kevin (dumbest person of a group) was struck from the list for being hurtful.

Now that perhaps needs some explanation, unlike in the English speaking world, Kevin isn't a very common name here, and it is mostely associated with the underclass/white trash people who name their kids after characters in TV shows. Studies have shown that there is considerable bias against students named Kevin (as long as they're native), going as far as to being unfairly graded at school.

What a tangent.

Back on topic: I didn't get the chance to watch any Lady Asuka recently. I need to throw my brain an episode or two soon to quiet the noise, but  else I don't really miss watching it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Hooray for region locks... what is this from?

4 minutes ago, majestic said:

Once per year we have a vote for the "Youth word of the Year" and skylern (German for "to skyler" - to be annoying, like Walter White's wife Skyler White) was a top contender for a while. Sometimes the votes get overruled, because Alpha-Kevin (dumbest person of a group) was struck from the list for being hurtful.

There really is a German word for everything.

• Like 1

Watched five more minutes of Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop. Someone called Beaver steals a bunch of stuff and skateboards about. 5 minutes of seizure inducing insanity for the sake of making our two protagonists fall to the ground and not notice that they've picked up each other's stuff.

Aight. Imma go back to Steins;Gate now.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 3

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Watched five more minutes of Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop. Someone called Beaver steals a bunch of stuff and skateboards about. 5 minutes of seizure inducing insanity for the sake of making our two protagonists fall to the ground and not notice that they've picked up each other's stuff.

Yeah, that was the part that I said was quite bad and didn't stylistically work at all with the rest of the film that almost made me turn the movie off early on, :p. It doesn't do anything like that ever again, thankfully. Bad forced action sequences are anathema!

7 hours ago, majestic said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by not making logical sense, but okay, then you can be Mr. Heisenberg.

If only I'd seen the show in question to fully understand the comparison...I guess I'll take your word for it! :) In regards to logical sense...well, take Steins;gate for instance - I couldn't finish a single episode because I hated the Japanese voice-acting so much in such a particular way that I'm sure nobody else understands. Stuff like that, :p.

I more or less get the same treatment as you. It's not that I hate everything, it's just that I have no inherent interest in watching what everyone else is watching, and I'm better at identifying what I will or won't like than everyone else. It doesn't help that whenever I try to watch something that I have specifically identified as "I'm not going to care too much for this AT BEST", I'm right at least 9/10 times.

If there was a "reset show" button on platforms like Netflix that erased all progress of having seen a show, would you ever use it? :shifty:

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1

Steins;Gate 0 episodes 2 and 3.

It's still early, but I think I like it less than Steins;Gate. But it's good enough to keep going.

Spoiler

Calling it now, the professor is going to be the villain. 

• Gasp! 1

Cardcaptor Sakura, episode 54:

Spoiler

I think this is the first time I've seen her dad's room. If it's been seen before, I don't remember it. Something like that probably signifies that this will be more of a solemn episode? Okay, yep, he's looking at a calendar that was in some sort of keepsake box that's from when her mom was alive. A little odd that he so easily gave away this precious calendar when Sakura asked for it, and didn't even say anything more about it like "make sure to keep it safe!". I guess it's probably simply unnecessary for Sakura, who keeps a photo of her mom at the dinner table and pays her respects/love to it constantly - she knows well enough he doesn't need to.

Sakura's birthday is April's Fools Day. Huh. Half-expecting Eriol to bewitch this calendar at this rate. Oh, look, she brought it to school...and now she even brought it out for Tomoyo to look at. That's one hundred percent going to happen, isn't it?

mpc-hc64_dnHAvmSTro.png

mpc-hc64_6puw7FdAod.png

The widest of anime eyes for this new evolution in the Takashi web-weaving! :p Good gosh, Toya needs to learn how to get to the point - whatever he's trying to say to Yukito is...probably going to be said at the precise moment it needs to be said. Bah, humbug! Also, I just saw Sakura rollerskate straight up the stairs to her house with nary a bump - best rollerskating girl of all time, I guess.

Lmao, RIP Kero, squashed and then strangled by Sakura opening the door in her violent rush to deliver a present to her great grandfather.

"I'm sure...that she is listening from somewhere." Yeah, kind of freaky how she's kinda just around and spying on y'all all the time, isn't it? Don't ever see anybody else rising from the grave to visit anyone else!

Lmao, that dress is...uh, kind of terrible, actually. Ah well, it's an ancient dress that her mom wore and it's really the thought that counts, :yes:. What'd Toya get, I wonder? ...No Eriol bewitching this episode after all, just shenanigans between him and Takashi - good!

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Cardcaptor Sakura, episode 54:

Reveal hidden contents

I think this is the first time I've seen her dad's room. If it's been seen before, I don't remember it. Something like that probably signifies that this will be more of a solemn episode? Okay, yep, he's looking at a calendar that was in some sort of keepsake box that's from when her mom was alive. A little odd that he so easily gave away this precious calendar when Sakura asked for it, and didn't even say anything more about it like "make sure to keep it safe!". I guess it's probably simply unnecessary for Sakura, who keeps a photo of her mom at the dinner table and pays her respects/love to it constantly - she knows well enough he doesn't need to.

Sakura's birthday is April's Fools Day. Huh. Half-expecting Eriol to bewitch this calendar at this rate. Oh, look, she brought it to school...and now she even brought it out for Tomoyo to look at. That's one hundred percent going to happen, isn't it?

mpc-hc64_dnHAvmSTro.png

mpc-hc64_6puw7FdAod.png

The widest of anime eyes for this new evolution in the Takashi web-weaving! :p Good gosh, Toya needs to learn how to get to the point - whatever he's trying to say to Yukito is...probably going to be said at the precise moment it needs to be said. Bah, humbug! Also, I just saw Sakura rollerskate straight up the stairs to her house with nary a bump - best rollerskating girl of all time, I guess.

Lmao, RIP Kero, squashed and then strangled by Sakura opening the door in her violent rush to deliver a present to her great grandfather.

"I'm sure...that she is listening from somewhere." Yeah, kind of freaky how she's kinda just around and spying on y'all all the time, isn't it? Don't ever see anybody else rising from the grave to visit anyone else!

Lmao, that dress is...uh, kind of terrible, actually. Ah well, it's an ancient dress that her mom wore and it's really the thought that counts, :yes:. What'd Toya get, I wonder? ...No Eriol bewitching this episode after all, just shenanigans between him and Takashi - good!

I loved that episode. No comment on the ending, or am I mixing things up? 

Spoiler

This was the episode that her great-grandfather more or less makes up with her Fujitaka, right? 

And yes, no Eriol nonsense was great to see too. :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, majestic said:

No comment on the ending

I did, just indirectly. It was a long-time coming, and of course, had to resolve that way, for how else could it? :)

Episode 55:

Spoiler

Hmm...too bad Madhouse didn't animate an actual Alice in Wonderland, the art they made for it here looks nice. Oh come on, is he really going to curse Sakura with a LEAF? If this ends up with Sakura somehow getting sucked into Alice in Wonderland...well, actually, that'd be pretty cool. Hah, now she's imagining it.

Tomoyo has ears of a fox if she was able to hear Sakura's and Eriol's entire conversation from that distance. Meanwhile, Xiaolang's shonen-ness is having trouble bear this transgression...Tomoyo is such a troll. That, or she actually doesn't care for Eriol and wants to spur Xiaolang to action! :yes: I have to say though, I'm not the biggest fan of Tomoyo being so...kind of meta? She's always been a little, but just a tiny bit every so often where appropriate and played sincere and straight otherwise - it's been a little too much in this arc so far, I think.

mpc-hc64_3l3qL97TLe.png

Perfection. Holy crap, Tomoyo picked out such a ridiculously-sized book. And I suppose it figures Naoko is the book-reading type in a large way, given how quiet and unassuming she is. Lmao, the sound effects for Xiaolang running to the library were straight out of Looney Tunes.

mpc-hc64_L3CcQ9HeeG.png

Great to see Naoko have some rapport with Takashi here, especially given that she's really been the forgotten girl out of everyone here over the course of the show. Chiharu, in comparison, is constantly regretting her life choices (understandably), and I love it.

Ah, I had just forgotten about the cursed leaf and good lord, that really sucked her in. Guess it's time for some Wonderland shenanigans after all. Why the hell is Eriol the Chesire Cat? Is it just him, or is everyone else going to be here as various characters too? Hmm...man, he sure is revealing a lot here - but probably Sakura will assume it was all nonsense after this is over, right? Lmao, there's Yukito, so I guess other people are gonna appear.

...Having now seen Yui as the rabbit, I do believe mistakes have been made. lol, Xiaolang just brought out his sword to use on the book right in the middle of the library? They probably waited until everyone else left, but they were all here just a minute ago! No, wait, Chiharu literally just walked up to them while he had his sword out. Righty-ho, then! Toya is the worst Mad Hatter I'll ever see in my entire life. And also, he tried to kill her...more or less.

mpc-hc64_rhNJ0bzeMX.png

It occurs to me that Sakura didn't finish reading this book. Sakura sure is learning a lot about her friends from this experience...too bad she's going to completely disregard all of it soon! "I am Hump(i)ty Dump(i)ty." You sure are, Tomoyo. Lmao, why is Kero the Queen? Sakura really shoulda read the whole book. Man, it's a good thing nobody else noticed Sakura leaping out of a book in the middle of the library with GIANT ANGELIC WINGS! Cheshire Eriol's not wrong, Sakura really is slow that she can't ever remember who's last touching all of these bewitched objects, :no:.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1