Would you consider that to be cheating? Is it all right to lower the difficulty in such a situation?

Polak

47 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Not sure why you're having difficulties (heh) with the quote function. Could you give some feedback that could be passed along to admin? Are you on desktop or mobile?

I posted my reply and later decided to add the post I'm replying to as a quote. So I did what I usually do on a forum ... hit reply with quote on the post, then copy&paste the quote from that new (unposted) post into my existing post. However, this fancy forum here doesn't like if someone tries to copy&paste these crappy quote blocks.

Not trying to derail this thread further, but the same and worse will happen with spoiler tags, just that you won't be able to edit the post content anymore at all.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I posted my reply and later decided to add the post I'm replying to as a quote. So I did what I usually do on a forum ... hit reply with quote on the post, then copy&paste the quote from that new (unposted) post into my existing post. However, this fancy forum here doesn't like if someone tries to copy&paste these crappy quote blocks.

Not trying to derail this thread further, but the same and worse will happen with spoiler tags, just that you won't be able to edit the post content anymore at all.

Hm. Worked fine when I tried it -- I used ctrl+a to select everything from the reply window, though. Is that what you did or did you select with the cursor? Is this on mobile? I imagine it would be harder there where you don't have access to keyboard shortcuts.

One of the Globals could split off the conversation to the proper thread if the derailment is a problem.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.