1 hour ago, Waski said:

Saw it procing many times in combat log. What do you mean by saying it wasn't work exactly like it should?

I guess I read people saying that they don't know if it's working or not. I recall reading these things 2 years ago though.

46 minutes ago, Lampros said:

I guess I read people saying that they don't know if it's working or not. I recall reading these things 2 years ago though.

the odds are very very low for low amounts of money, and you don't really get a chance to get 50+ k until relatively late.

also, IME people are terrible with evaluating random events in games :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thelee said:

the odds are very very low for low amounts of money, and you don't really get a chance to get 50+ k until relatively late.

also, IME people are terrible with evaluating random events in games :)

100k-plus at level 11. So I have 12 percent crit rate already! ;) And yeah, people seem to not think RnG is "random" - for instance, you see complaints about the RnG "cheating" on the Battle Brothers forum every day! ;)

3 hours ago, dgray62 said:

I usually end up with about 170k by level 7 or 8. But that's because I do major piracy of deadfire merchants and novice captian Valian ships between Port Maje and Neketaka. So I always grab the ring as soon as I can.

Down to 75k after upgrading a few items to superb or legendary :(

Enchanting can be quite expensive and sometimes needs very rare substances. Some players only judge items by their unique enchantments and underestimate the advantage that out-of-the box legendary quality will offer. I admit I'm one of them. ;)

• Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

10 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Enchanting can be quite expensive and sometimes needs very rare substances. Some players only judge items by their unique enchantments and underestimate the advantage that out-of-the box legendary quality will offer. I admit I'm one of them. ;)

Down to 50k now at level 12. Big dilemma is whether to make Karaboru legendary or keep at exceptional. Ultimately it comes down to whether I'd want Karaboru or the Sanguine Great Sword as the main weapon on my MC. I still can't decide...

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I usually go get Grave Calling and Squid's Grasp ASAP. They're not too expensive, considering that the former can be stolen easily if you have a barbarian with leap or the boots that provide the same effect.

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Well, I really like that aspect of SSS, which lets me upgrade multiple items to Legendary for free.

• Like 1

After beating certain challenges you can choose to funnel soul essence into the island (gain Galawain's Gift passive), strenghten Muatu (the summon from the head trinket gets a MIG bonus and heals you more with his attacks) or receive a culmination stone which can be used to upgrade superb stuff to legendary instead of using Adra Ban & stuff:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Culmination_Stone

You can get four. There are other items that can do this as well: Kraken Eyes (Kraken's Eye tavern, Kraken), Magma Dragon Gizzard Stone (Ashen Maw), Outer Godseed Fragment 1 and 2 (both FS) and Porokoa's Eye (SSS). And then you can get Mythical Adra Stones from the Megabosses which allow the same but for mythical quality. As does the Godseed Inner Core (FS). With all of those the alternative enchantment cost no money.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

After beating certain challenges you can choose to funnel soul essence into the island (gain Galawain's Gift passive), strenghten Muatu (the summon from the head trinket gets a MIG bonus and heals you more with his attacks) or receive a culmination stone which can be used to upgrade superb stuff to legendary instead of using Adra Ban & stuff:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Culmination_Stone

You can get four. There are other items that can do this as well: Kraken Eyes (Kraken's Eye tavern, Kraken), Magma Dragon Gizzard Stone (Ashen Maw), Outer Godseed Fragment 1 and 2 (both FS) and Porokoa's Eye (SSS). And then you can get Mythical Adra Stones from the Megabosses which allow the same but for mythical quality. As does the Godseed Inner Core (FS). With all of those the alternative enchantment cost no money.

Got it. But all of them are difficult to acquire, as FS and SSS must be difficult to complete. I didn't know about Kraken Eyes and Ashen Maw stuff though! In particular, I am going to try to find Kraken Eyes from Kraken's Eye tavern!

21 hours ago, Lampros said:

Got it. But all of them are difficult to acquire, as FS and SSS must be difficult to complete. I didn't know about Kraken Eyes and Ashen Maw stuff though! In particular, I am going to try to find Kraken Eyes from Kraken's Eye tavern!

Well, SSS isn't easy, but like Boeroer wrote, you can get 4 Culmination Stones as you progress. Plus Porokoa's Eye. And some sweet equipment - I'm particularly fond of the Seeker's Fang rapier for Ciphers. Though Slayer's Claw isn't shabby either (they are mutually exclusive). And a really nice belt when you like to Empower spells.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dgray62 said:

You can get two more if you fight the kraken near Sayuka. I think there's another one somewhere in splintered reef, if I remember correctly. There's definitely at least four in the game.

the splintered reef one you might be thinking of a campsite on the black isles. i think you only get one from the kraken (all of the upgrade mat loot drops from bosses got nerfed).

you also get one from FS - either from the mysterious dragon skeleton or somewhere else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

That's right, you only get one from the kraken. I think I misremembered since it would be logical to get two. You can also steal one from the inn in Port Maje, and I did find another. Maybe it was on the black isles, I can't quite recall.

1 from Maje, 1 from kraken, 1 from black isle( pre FS), 1 hidden in FS(no clue how much PER you need to see it)

• Thanks 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg