• 2 weeks later...

I have seen exactly one mint re spawn in the western anthill. it seems to drop between 2 and 5 chunks of mint.   Not sure how often it spawns in there, but it seems to be quite awhile between spawns.  It seems completely believable that in a yard where so many things seem to get dropped ,( i.e. , Hot Dogs, Cookies , Soda pop cans , Juice Boxes, ect. ect ), that a stray mint may find its way into the yard now and then , and the ants would cart it off when they found it and store it with the other food they gather.  

Being that it only gives between 2-5 chunks of mint, seems to me it is a great way to deal with replacement mint for those players that have been experiencing problems with losing items made from the rare material, and not so much so that it breaks the challenge or struggle of the game.

57 minutes ago, Michael Skinner said:

I have seen exactly one mint re spawn in the western anthill. it seems to drop between 2 and 5 chunks of mint.   Not sure how often it spawns in there, but it seems to be quite awhile between spawns.  It seems completely believable that in a yard where so many things seem to get dropped ,( i.e. , Hot Dogs, Cookies , Soda pop cans , Juice Boxes, ect. ect ), that a stray mint may find its way into the yard now and then , and the ants would cart it off when they found it and store it with the other food they gather.  

Being that it only gives between 2-5 chunks of mint, seems to me it is a great way to deal with replacement mint for those players that have been experiencing problems with losing items made from the rare material, and not so much so that it breaks the challenge or struggle of the game.

I've checked the ant hill numerous times and still haven't found a mint.  😔

1 hour ago, Fletch Dude said:

the abandoned ant hill by the oak tree.  Not the western Ant Hill.

I found it easier to get in the mint container since the patch.  Someone else posted, i think it was @tecknotot, they put a stair just below the edge of the container so they could get inside.  You have to crouch and enter at the left side as you face the container.

Xbox One X

1 hour ago, Fletch Dude said:

I think the mint in the ant hill might rotate between hills?  I saw mine in the western hill and someone said it showed up every 3-4 days.

Edited by tecknotot
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I found it easier to get in the mint container since the patch.  Someone else posted, i think it was @tecknotot, they put a stair just below the edge of the container so they could get inside.  You have to crouch and enter at the left side as you face the container.

Will check it it!! Thanks!

On 9/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, Fletch Dude said:

I'm fortunate enough to not experience half these bugs and problems some of you are having especially the ones on Xbox like me. On that note, I am having an issue where my mints are not respawning. Other than that I haven't had any issues with my game.

Not even the mint in the ant hill?

19 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I found a mint in the western ant hill too, downstairs where the ants usually stock their food, did not check the old ant hill but I will.. about the mint container I will try the stairs but I dont know if it help because i tried to hit it and looks like a wall is there, but still gona try it, my mint container is full..

5 hours ago, tecknotot said:

I never seen my mint in the abandoned one just the west one.

yep that was my bad,  i got confused :)  i've gotten 2 from the west ant hill now.  I thinks its a 72 hour (real time) respawn,  i got one Monday night, and the previous one was on Friday i believe.

2 hours ago, demongirl said:

I found a mint in the western ant hill too, downstairs where the ants usually stock their food, did not check the old ant hill but I will.. about the mint container I will try the stairs but I dont know if it help because i tried to hit it and looks like a wall is there, but still gona try it, my mint container is full..

after the last patch when i broke the ones in the mint container the one at the door and the farthest one in both left the mint pieces on top of the container.  So check there if you break it and get nothing at your feet.  I wouldn't have seen that except a few pieces from the farthest one in rolled off the top on the ground in front of me.

• Thanks 1

Xbox One X

6 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

yep that was my bad,  i got confused :)  i've gotten 2 from the west ant hill now.  I thinks its a 72 hour (real time) respawn,  i got one Monday night, and the previous one was on Friday i believe.

after the last patch when i broke the ones in the mint container the one at the door and the farthest one in both left the mint pieces on top of the container.  So check there if you break it and get nothing at your feet.  I wouldn't have seen that except a few pieces from the farthest one in rolled off the top on the ground in front of me.

My mint container has been empty a very long time. I'll keep checking the ant hill

I've only been able to get into the mint box once as Willow. I've tried crouching, going in backwards crouching, until the avatar is nearly glitching in place. It was a miracle I got in at all given how many times on different occasions I had tried. And then I almost couldn't get back out. It is insanely hard to get in there.

12 hours ago, PrismDragonfly said:

I've only been able to get into the mint box once as Willow. I've tried crouching, going in backwards crouching, until the avatar is nearly glitching in place. It was a miracle I got in at all given how many times on different occasions I had tried. And then I almost couldn't get back out. It is insanely hard to get in there.

hey there, yesterday i've tried  with the scafold/stairs and I was able to get in easily, without that i wasnt enable to get in at all.. its a little hard to get out if you put the stairs to high but still helps, ive read somehere in a patch that they modify the entrance so we can get in easily but i think thats worse now :S

hope it help..

Previous to this Update, I never had a problem getting in the Mint Container.

After the update I do not have a problem getting in the mint container ....
because Failing to do something that is IMPOSSIBLE is not really a problem, it is the expected result.

After I failed to do the impossible for nearly an hour .... I moved on to other things ... 

Then a day or two ago I was in Multi-Player with a friend who was streaming Grounded.
We failed to do the impossible also for nearly an hour, Live on Stream.

However ... having multiple players at the Mint Container at the same time ..... showed us something ... 

From the View Point of the player Attempting to Enter the Mint Container ... 
It ~LOOKS~ like you're almost getting in there, and then bouncing back.

From the View Point of Another Player standing by... 
The player attempting to enter the mint container .... is Glitching ALL OVER the Nearby Area ....
They appear to be in about 10-15 places at once. 

Just like when you're trying to build, and the blueprint piece flashes all over the place, then settles to a location ... 
except it always "settles" the player backwards, and out of the container.

I Hope the Devs see this, I hope it helps them fix it.

Love Your Faces
~Gnith~
#NoTaming