building suggestions

Half walls and floors would be nice, buildings should be able to clip through naturally generated structures such as the oak tree and the big fences to give more freedom in building. also acorn walls and floors, and more floor options like a clover floor would be great.

• Like 3

also stem floors please. Love the idea of acorn walls. Strong walls and floors. As for clipping through the stuff. I would rather them let us attach to more of the in world objects then letting it pass right through. 

Also it would be wonderful if at a start of a build we had a full 360° rotation rather then just north, south, east, west. 

• Like 3

yes stem floors please. i just feel that sometimes they don't let you place a wall or floor in places that you should just because it kinda goes through a structure. building on the big fence is so difficult because of this

• Like 2

In addition to things such as acorn walls and such, I think clay or peblet walls would also be nice for building as well as respective floors and ceilings for each type of structure, so we have something that matches more than grass floors and clover ceilings, And I also would love being able to make a floor hatch that would function same as a window but on the floor so you could fall down or bounce up through it, especially alongside something like an acorn trap door or something similar you could put on not only the floor hatch but also windows because it not only would be aesthetically nice but it would also be useful when building in areas with lots of Nats, such as near the solar lamp at the flower garden, as to keep them out and one last thing is something like a sprig and fungas candelabra or chandelier, just to give nice lighting around tables in the center of a room without making it look strange, a mini candle would also be pretty cool in my opinion

Edited by Cringe
  • Like 4

I LOVE ALL OF THIS ❤️

More Construction Options
Stem Floors
Stem/Acorn Stairs
Clover Floor

And yes ... I'd rather the game allow constructions to clip into world objects a little so that our constructions can have more realism ... 
if given the choice of building your defensive structure into the side of a cliff .... or in the middle of a field ... 
EVERYONE prefers the safety of even a single wall of natural rock and stone ... 
in our case that might be Paving Stones, Fence Stumps, Tree Roots, Giant Fence Planks .... 

but .... we Want to build there .... Please Let Us

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cringe said:

In addition to things such as acorn walls and such, I think clay or peblet walls would also be nice for building as well as respective floors and ceilings for each type of structure, so we have something that matches more than grass floors and clover ceilings, And I also would love being able to make a floor hatch that would function same as a window but on the floor so you could fall down or bounce up through it, especially alongside something like an acorn trap door or something similar you could put on not only the floor hatch but also windows because it not only would be aesthetically nice but it would also be useful when building in areas with lots of Nats, such as near the solar lamp at the flower garden, as to keep them out and one last thing is something like a sprig and fungas candelabra or chandelier, just to give nice lighting around tables in the center of a room without making it look strange, a mini candle would also be pretty cool in my opinion

Yes these are all such great ideas. With a hatch could also be a rope or some way to get up places without using stairs or bouncing. I think more lighting is definitely a great thing. 

On 8/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, Aidan125 said:

yes stem floors please. i just feel that sometimes they don't let you place a wall or floor in places that you should just because it kinda goes through a structure. building on the big fence is so difficult because of this

There needs to be some restrictions on building.  we shouldn't be allowed to stuff a wall into the post fence or rock wall.  Clip to the fencepost or boulder i'd rather have.

would love to see more building options,  clover leaf, acorns, weed stem floors.  Flower petal roofs.  the 360 deg option for walls and such mentioned above i like, if it was an option when placing a blueprint we could select.  most of the time for what i build the 45 deg angles are plenty, and i'd be way screwed up trying to stick it at 45 or 90 if they switched it all to the 360 rotation.  spike trap has that now, and i have a heck of time making a straight line with them :)

Xbox One X