So who are the writers of Avowed?

42 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Bigger game doesn't necessarily mean more writing. We still don't know at this point what kind of the game Avowed is. It is also difficult to say how much of game's production consists of writing.

Well there was 7 narrative designers on TOW1 and Obsidian make writing-heavy games, so i assume that Avowed will be like their other games.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, Ordo! said:

So, with the announcement of TOWII we now know that Megan Starks, Nitai Poddar and maybe Kelsey Beachum are working on this game.

Here is my question, does Obsidian has enough writers for Avowed ? I mean, it will probably be bigger than POEII and it seems to have less writers, especially with the departure of Lucien Soulban.

Maybe they have narrative designers that i don't know.

While Starks and Poddar work on TOW2 it doesn't necessarily mean that they won't work on Avowed. At least before this Obsidian has used pretty much all of their narrative designers on each game.
Naturally Starks and Poddar will be more focused on TOW2 and won't have as much work on other projects, but they will still share some of workload if there's enough work to go around. You might not see a companion written by either of them on Avowed, but writing a few NPC's for the game is something that they could do.

As far as I know Obsidian writing staff currently consists of:

• Carrie Patel (Game Director on Avowed)
  • Megan Starks
  • Paul Kirsch (Working on Avowed)
  • Nitai Poddar
  • Connor Walsh
  • Kate Dollarhyde
  • Kelsey Beachum
  • Jay Turner
  • Josh Sawyer (Creative Director, but writes for the projects he leads)
  • Leonard Boyarsky (at least he wrote for TOW)
  • Daniel McPhee (not sure if he is still around)
  • Olivia Veras (She's an area designer, but has writing credits on Deadfire)
Edited by Flouride
  • Thanks 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

16 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Huh. I thought Chris Parker was director on Avowed.

Actually we don't know, there is rumor that Chris Parker was fired from the post of Game Director of Avowed. But on the other hand Sponger (an insider verified by the mods of Resetera) claim that Chris Parker is co-directing the game with Carrie Patel. 

• Thanks 1

Chris Parker has wanted to make their own Skyrim ever since Skyrim came out and now he finally has his chance. I don't see how anyone could fire him from his pet project, especially since according to the rumors the game is on schedule.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

41 minutes ago, kirottu said:

Chris Parker has wanted to make their own Skyrim ever since Skyrim came out and now he finally has his chance. I don't see how anyone could fire him from his pet project, especially since according to the rumors the game is on schedule.

Yes, i hope these rumors about the good state of the game are true.