On 2/13/2022 at 11:21 PM, Elric Galad said:

I will increase Boar regen to 2hp +0.5/5 levels per 3s.

In addition 2 changes for next version :

Stag Companion :

The AoE damages now also affects main target.

I've changed this because it required having foes close to main target AND high crit chances (which is not obvious for the pet).

This was quite annoying to get both conditional, especially with an 1.5m AoE and 5 INT.

Now this version only require high crit chances. Having foes very close will make it better but is not necessary.

This is still more conditional, but more rewarding than the 2 other "offensive" pets (lion and wolf)

Protective Companion :

+1 Engagement -> +2

I made this change to address 2 problems :

- First, Ranger requires a lot of Talents to get their perks. Protective Companion is needed to get the Stalker's Link perk that is one of the main interest of ranger (stacking accuracy). And Protective Companion is really meh. I though that if a ranger has to spend so much points to get their prime speciality working, they deserve Abilities that are at least a bit good.

- Second, multiclassing. Rangers aren't so good at multiclassing with casters because their main perk (Accuracy bonuses) only work vs single targets (that's why Seer is a good MC). With this change, it mitigates a bit this issue, granting Ranger a bit more interest for AoE users.

• Like 2

Another idea, a nerf this time.

I tend to consider Mercy and Kindness a no brainer for Chanter builds.

+50% healing is massive, equivalent of 16,67 points of Might when healing is considered. You can read it as basically 50% more survivability for your party on the long run, provided you can manage spike damages etc...
I almost always pick it as a late game chant (which in addition to be OP in its own, make cause other chants look meh in comparison...).

Even for a Tier 7 chant, I believe this is too much and should be lowered to a more reasonable value.
I propose +30% healing done (twice the value of Practiced healer, party wide). And it would still be an excellent Chant.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

The Prisoners Turned on Their Captors does not affect the chanter himself, unlike all other invocations that buff allies, including the unupgraded version. Should probably change for the sake of consistency.

Weird,

The gamedata files do not seem to exclude the chanter. I'll check in-game.

Just wanted to say that you have made corpse eater warlock really fun to play. Immune to engagement, more species for resource renegeration, Lions sprint for accuracy bonus for spells, interrupting carnage and llengraths warding staff ( raw lash because of push effect) is fun combo and there is plenty of healing options too. Love it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dalzar said:

Just wanted to say that you have made corpse eater warlock really fun to play. Immune to engagement, more species for resource renegeration, Lions sprint for accuracy bonus for spells, interrupting carnage and llengraths warding staff ( raw lash because of push effect) is fun combo and there is plenty of healing options too. Love it.

Nice to hear !

I even wonder a bit if I've buffed Barbarians a bit too much, but I don't feel they are especially broken when compared to Battlemage, Spellblade or Sage in comparable situation. I just tried to make Barbarians more defined (and Corpse Eater).

In this partcular case, Immune to engagement is neat but you had other means to get it for Barbarians. It won't save you life and you have to manage your health (and/or to put a couple points in CON ?) to keep it above 75%.

Lions Sprint isn't super optimal for Warlock/Corpse Eater because Wiz has plenty of access to Dex Inspirations and Corpse Eater pays this 2 Rages. But sometimes, +15 Acc on a CC spell is precious.

Interrupting Carnage is possibly the boldest change I've made, but I think Barbs really needed that to feel like the martial Crowd Controllers they are supposed to be.

When compared to the virtual immortality of Fighters, Damages bonus Galore from Rogue or Monkness of Monks I think it fits the class quite well without making them broken. 

Edited by Elric Galad

I'm currently thinking about removing the Potion ban from Mage Slayer (but keeping Scroll Ban).

BPM Mage Slayer has -25% Hostile and Beneficial effects duration (instead of Spell resistance). Therefore, Buffing potions are already suboptimal for them.

Barring access to Healing Potion is harsh especially Luminous Adra because there are no renewable ways to remove injuries in combat.
And of course Potion of Enlightenment (BPM ressource renewing potion for long boss fights).

Granted that Beneficial Effect malus is probably more annoying than Hostile effect barring is useful, I would say that the Subclass would still be balanced overall.

Also, I think it would be fair to add to Auranic the effects of Potion of Enlightenment.

Just because your whole party could use this while Auranic will ultimately run out of spells, and it isn't very fair.

Edited by Elric Galad

After playing with Arcane Archer I think it is hilariously powerful with cost reduction for Imbue: Eora. There are very few enemies that can fight while standing in 5 or 6 copies of Pull of Eora at the same time, while you can make your party members immune with certain items. Fun fact: the ragdoll effect from multiple Pull of Eoras will get queued up if they proc at the same time. So even after the hazard effect ends enemies continue to fly around helplessly for a long time. Probably needs a nerf.

20220223015943_1.jpg

Edited by NotDumbEnough

19 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

After playing with Arcane Archer I think it is hilariously powerful with cost reduction for Imbue: Eora. There are very few enemies that can fight while standing in 5 or 6 copies of Pull of Eora at the same time, while you can make your party members immune with certain items. Fun fact: the ragdoll effect from multiple Pull of Eoras will get queued up if they proc at the same time. So even after the hazard effect ends enemies continue to fly around helplessly for a long time. Probably needs a nerf.

20220223015943_1.jpg

Not false.

Could go slightly back with following imbue table :

Imbue : Missiles 1
Imbue : Web 2 (because Energized could lead to similarly broken results)
Imbue : Fireball 2
Imbue : Eora 3
Imbue : Death 3

Also I'm thinking about giving Hardy Companion the Hardy inspiration for 15s (healing would still be 6s), because I usually find pointless to go Heal Companion route for a pet-only Lay on Hand and a 6s inspiration.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

A proposal: give raw damage abilities and weapons a penetration value of not 0. Since lashes inherit the penetration of the base attack, they are very bad with raw damage abilities and weapons. e.g. Flames of Devotion with Reaping Knives is very bad due to the burn lash having 0 base penetration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

A proposal: give raw damage abilities and weapons a penetration value of not 0. Since lashes inherit the penetration of the base attack, they are very bad with raw damage abilities and weapons. e.g. Flames of Devotion with Reaping Knives is very bad due to the burn lash having 0 base penetration.

Good point.

Don't hesitate to share a list of you have one. Although PEN 0 is easy to check in gamedata files (default value is 7 for pure CC)

This Raw Pen Fix.zipshould cover all Attacks and StatusEffects that deal Raw damage and has 0 Pen.

These are the Attacks with PenetrationRating = 0 and DamageData.DamageType=Raw, now PenetrationRating are set to 7:

Spoiler

Boil_Their_Flesh_From_AoE
And_Sip_From_The_Aoe
Screaming_Souls_ExtraAOE
Dismissal_AOE
Arcane_Assault_AOE
Wilting_Wind_AOE
Scroll_of_wilting_wind_AoE
Wind_Calling_WiltingWind_AoE
Ninagauths_Death_Ray_Beam
Wall_of_Many_Colors_Trap_Green_Melee
Reaping_Knives_Weapon_Attack
Venombloom_Pulse
Malignant_Cloud_Aoe
Mind_Wave_Target
Silent_Scream_Target
Brutal_Backlash_Target
Abjuration_Ranged
Ninagauths_Killing_Bolt_Ranged
Prologue_Soul_Suck_Hit
LAX03_Wall_of_Proliferation_Trap

For the StatusEffects, these are the ones with StatusEffectType = Damage, OverridePenetration = 0, DamageTypeValue = Raw. I set OverridePenetration of these to 7, but idk if this property affects lashes or if damage through StatusEffects would even trigger lashes to begin with, so I think these would require testing.

Spoiler

Galawain_Reflecting_SE_Damage
Carnage_SE_PrimaryAttackDamage
Carnage_SE_SecondaryAttackDamage
Frenzy_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Blood_Frenzy_SE_Bleed
Blood_Frenzy_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Spirit_Frenzy_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Blood_Storm_SE_Bleed
Blood_Storm_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Spirit_Tornado_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Panthers_Leap_SE_RawDoT
Come_Come_Soft_Winds_SE_Damage
Soul_Annihilation_SE_RawDamage
Recall_Agony_SE_DamageReturned
Pain_Link_SE_RawDamage
Disintegration_SE_RawDamage
Death_Of_1000_Cuts_SE_RawDamage
Death_Of_1000_Cuts_SE_RawDOT
Spiritshift_Boar_SE_RawDamage
Insect_Swarm_SE_RawDOT
Taste_of_the_Hunt_SE_RawDOT
Infestation_of_Maggots_SE_RawDOTScaling
Plague_of_Insects_SE_RawDOT
Resonant_Touch_SE_DisplayOnly
Resonant_Touch_SE_RawDamage
Shared_Pain_SE_Bleed
Lay_on_Hands_SE_RawDot
Sacred_Immolation_SE_RawDamageSelf
Sacred_Immolation_Rathun_SE_RawDamageSelf
Divine_Immolation_SE_RawDamageSelf
Sacred_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamageSelf
Wounding_Shot_SE_RawDamage
Accurate_Wounding_Shot_SE_RawDoT
Hobbling_Shot_SE_RawDoT
Play_Dead_SE_RawDamage
Deadly_Surprise_SE_RawDamage
Whirling_Strikes_SE_RawDOT
Arterial_Strike_SE_RawDOT
Gouging_Strike_SE_RawDOT
Strike_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Break_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Deep_Wounds_SE_RawDOT
Pierce_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Ring_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Nannasins_Cobra_Strike_SE_RawDOT
Cloak_Of_Death_SE_RawDOT
Animat_Corrupted_Cleave_SE_Damage_DiseaseDoT
Boar_Disembowel_SE_DoT
Boar_Gore_SE_DoT
effigy_of_skaen_scourge_the_wicked_SEDoT
Engwithan_Sentinel_EssenceLink_SE_Damage
Eoten_GuttingStrike_SE_DoT
Eoten_Phrase_SweetBloodyMarrow_SE_Damage
GraveHound_RottedMaul_SE_Damage
Lagufaeth_Ravager_CombatFrenzy_SE_Bleed
ogre_cutthroat_bladed_sweep_SEDoT
Panther_RakingSlash_SE_DamageDoT
Spiderling_Desert_Combustion_SE_RawDoT
Tentacle_Kraken_ToxicSpines_SE_Damage
tiger_bleed_on_crit_SEBleed
WarDog_Maul_SE_Damage
xaurip_skirmisher_poisoned_strike_SE_DoT
Bomb_Grenade_SE_Bleed
Poison_fugue_spores_SE_Damage
Poison_razorgill_dust_SE_BleedDoT
Caltrops_Trap_SE_DoT
Pet_Concelhaut_Visage_of_Concelhaut_SE_RawDoT
Battle_Axe_Bleeding_Cut_SE_Damage
Sceptre_Destructive_Channeling_SE_Damage
Shadow_fang_SE_PoisonDoT
Death_in_Life_SE_RawDoT
Dripping_fangs_SE_DoT
Mournful_Toll_SE_RawDamage
True_Loves_Kiss_SE_RawDoT
Lacerating_SE_DoT
Maiming_SE_DoT
Weeping_wounds_SE_Damage
Soul_Breaker_SE_Damage
Soul_Drinker_SE_RawDamage
Run_Through_SE_RawDamage
Finality_SE_RawDoT
The_Mind_Makes_Real_SE_DoT
Hounding_SE_BleedDoT
Corsairs_Voulge_Static_Charge_SE_DisplayOnly
Counterattack_SE_Damage
Red_Flag_Flying_SE_BleedDoT
Mortal_wounds_SE_BleedDoT
Wounding_SE_BleedDoT
Knife_in_the_back_SE_RawDoT
Twist_The_Knife_SE_RawDoT
Sacrifice_of_Saints_SE_Damage
LAX01_Tear_Flank_SE_BleedDoT
LAX01_Potent_bite_SE_PoisonDoT
LAX01_Juvenile_venom_SE_VenomDoT
LAX01_Ravage_SE_BleedDoT
LAX01_Research_Notes_Destroyed_SE_Damage
LAX01_Barbed_Thorns_SE_Damage
LAX01_Hunters_pounce_SE_DoT
LAX01_Spiders_Patience_SE_Damage
LAX01_Aspect_Of_The_Spider_SE_Damage
LAX02_Bear_Snow_Maul_SE_Damage
LAX02_Engwithan_Shattered_Realm_SE_Damage
lax02_call_to_rymrgand_SEDOT
LAX02_Shambling_Soul_Latch_SE_Damage
lax02_scatter_essence_SEDOT
lax02_soul_shred_SEDOT
LAX02_Poison_Corrosive_Soul_Essence_SE_Damage
LAX02_Scales_Of_Justice_SE_Damage
LAX02_Found_Guilty_SE_Damage
LAX02_Found_Innocent_SE_Damage
LAX03_Oracle_Eye_Of_Ninagauth_SE_Damage
LAXD_Unwieldy_SE_Damage
Ooze_Black_Symbiote_SE_RawDoT
Forbidden_Fist_SE_RawDamage
Blood_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamage_Tier1
Blood_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamage_Tier2
Blood_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamage_Tier3

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Eccea's Arcane Blaster maybe? Or does this have proper PEN bc. of the special modal?

7 Pen according to the game files so this should be fine as it is

Edited by Noqn
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Not false.

Could go slightly back with following imbue table :

Imbue : Missiles 1
Imbue : Web 2 (because Energized could lead to similarly broken results)
Imbue : Fireball 2
Imbue : Eora 3
Imbue : Death 3

Also I'm thinking about giving Hardy Companion the Hardy inspiration for 15s (healing would still be 6s), because I usually find pointless to go Heal Companion route for a pet-only Lay on Hand and a 6s inspiration.

After some further play I am wondering whether it would be possible for Imbue: Eora and Imbue: Death to switch places. I feel that Imbue: Eora is vastly more powerful than Imbue: Death (which is really not too different from a slightly better Imbue: Fireball), so it should only be available to single classes.

I do not agree. 

As you said Imbue:Death and Imbue:Fireball are somewhat redundant: both are just AoE damage spells with a different dmg type and different AoE size. 

Multiclass Arcane Archers would then be limited to mostly damaging imbues besides Web which is a shame imo. 

Currently a multiclass Arcane Archer can make a great CC build. Putting Eora into PL 8 would mean its only exciting option will be damage dealer.

I understand that Imbue:Eora isn't super exciting for a SC Arcane Archer because he already has Fireball and both fight for Bond points - but rather than "punishing" MC Arcane Archers I would opt for improving the Imbue:Death slot. Don't know if it's possible to exchange the spell altogether? Enervating Terror would be really good and a nice incentive to go SC. 

What I would really like so see (but what would change the class too much I guess) would be an Imbue:Essential Phantom where there would emerge a copy of you near the point of impact. Jumps would bring a copy, too. So you could fire the Imbue and get several phantoms with Driving Flight and other jump effects. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You want to imbue the shot with Caedebald's Blackbow? What is going to happen? A war bow appears at the target location?  If it would act on its own like Ancient Weapons do that would be pretty cool I guess. ;)

On a more serious note: I guess you meant that instead of an imbued shot the SC AA should get Caedebald's Blackbow as a summon ability, paying it with Bond points?

I also thought about that but ultimately ruled it out, because the Blackbow doesn't work with Driving Flight (meaning it doesn't get a second jump) which I found to be very disappointing. Would still be a good weapon in the hands of an AA bc. of the extreme accuracy and because it wouldn't get the ACC malus (because it does corrode dmg and the shots are tagged with the acid keyword iirc).  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

because the Blackbow doesn't work with Driving Flight (meaning it doesn't get a second jump)

In the Gamedata, it is taged as melee, like Minor Blight and Rot Skull. The differents Walls, Sunlance, Avenging Storm, Touch of Death, Pollen Patch, Concelhault crushing Doom, the frightened attack from Venombloom, and some others are also Melee. I tried these spells with the Shea's War Staff, they proc Combat Casting (concentration for 8s on critical hit in melee). Probably they interrupt on hit with Babyboar, I dont know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Noqn said:

This Raw Pen Fix.zipshould cover all Attacks and StatusEffects that deal Raw damage and has 0 Pen.

These are the Attacks with PenetrationRating = 0 and DamageData.DamageType=Raw, now PenetrationRating are set to 7:

Reveal hidden contents

Boil_Their_Flesh_From_AoE
And_Sip_From_The_Aoe
Screaming_Souls_ExtraAOE
Dismissal_AOE
Arcane_Assault_AOE
Wilting_Wind_AOE
Scroll_of_wilting_wind_AoE
Wind_Calling_WiltingWind_AoE
Ninagauths_Death_Ray_Beam
Wall_of_Many_Colors_Trap_Green_Melee
Reaping_Knives_Weapon_Attack
Venombloom_Pulse
Malignant_Cloud_Aoe
Mind_Wave_Target
Silent_Scream_Target
Brutal_Backlash_Target
Abjuration_Ranged
Ninagauths_Killing_Bolt_Ranged
Prologue_Soul_Suck_Hit
LAX03_Wall_of_Proliferation_Trap

For the StatusEffects, these are the ones with StatusEffectType = Damage, OverridePenetration = 0, DamageTypeValue = Raw. I set OverridePenetration of these to 7, but idk if this property affects lashes or if damage through StatusEffects would even trigger lashes to begin with, so I think these would require testing.

Reveal hidden contents

Galawain_Reflecting_SE_Damage
Carnage_SE_PrimaryAttackDamage
Carnage_SE_SecondaryAttackDamage
Frenzy_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Blood_Frenzy_SE_Bleed
Blood_Frenzy_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Spirit_Frenzy_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Blood_Storm_SE_Bleed
Blood_Storm_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Spirit_Tornado_SE_BerserkerRawDOT
Panthers_Leap_SE_RawDoT
Come_Come_Soft_Winds_SE_Damage
Soul_Annihilation_SE_RawDamage
Recall_Agony_SE_DamageReturned
Pain_Link_SE_RawDamage
Disintegration_SE_RawDamage
Death_Of_1000_Cuts_SE_RawDamage
Death_Of_1000_Cuts_SE_RawDOT
Spiritshift_Boar_SE_RawDamage
Insect_Swarm_SE_RawDOT
Taste_of_the_Hunt_SE_RawDOT
Infestation_of_Maggots_SE_RawDOTScaling
Plague_of_Insects_SE_RawDOT
Resonant_Touch_SE_DisplayOnly
Resonant_Touch_SE_RawDamage
Shared_Pain_SE_Bleed
Lay_on_Hands_SE_RawDot
Sacred_Immolation_SE_RawDamageSelf
Sacred_Immolation_Rathun_SE_RawDamageSelf
Divine_Immolation_SE_RawDamageSelf
Sacred_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamageSelf
Wounding_Shot_SE_RawDamage
Accurate_Wounding_Shot_SE_RawDoT
Hobbling_Shot_SE_RawDoT
Play_Dead_SE_RawDamage
Deadly_Surprise_SE_RawDamage
Whirling_Strikes_SE_RawDOT
Arterial_Strike_SE_RawDOT
Gouging_Strike_SE_RawDOT
Strike_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Break_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Deep_Wounds_SE_RawDOT
Pierce_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Ring_The_Bell_SE_RawDamage
Nannasins_Cobra_Strike_SE_RawDOT
Cloak_Of_Death_SE_RawDOT
Animat_Corrupted_Cleave_SE_Damage_DiseaseDoT
Boar_Disembowel_SE_DoT
Boar_Gore_SE_DoT
effigy_of_skaen_scourge_the_wicked_SEDoT
Engwithan_Sentinel_EssenceLink_SE_Damage
Eoten_GuttingStrike_SE_DoT
Eoten_Phrase_SweetBloodyMarrow_SE_Damage
GraveHound_RottedMaul_SE_Damage
Lagufaeth_Ravager_CombatFrenzy_SE_Bleed
ogre_cutthroat_bladed_sweep_SEDoT
Panther_RakingSlash_SE_DamageDoT
Spiderling_Desert_Combustion_SE_RawDoT
Tentacle_Kraken_ToxicSpines_SE_Damage
tiger_bleed_on_crit_SEBleed
WarDog_Maul_SE_Damage
xaurip_skirmisher_poisoned_strike_SE_DoT
Bomb_Grenade_SE_Bleed
Poison_fugue_spores_SE_Damage
Poison_razorgill_dust_SE_BleedDoT
Caltrops_Trap_SE_DoT
Pet_Concelhaut_Visage_of_Concelhaut_SE_RawDoT
Battle_Axe_Bleeding_Cut_SE_Damage
Sceptre_Destructive_Channeling_SE_Damage
Shadow_fang_SE_PoisonDoT
Death_in_Life_SE_RawDoT
Dripping_fangs_SE_DoT
Mournful_Toll_SE_RawDamage
True_Loves_Kiss_SE_RawDoT
Lacerating_SE_DoT
Maiming_SE_DoT
Weeping_wounds_SE_Damage
Soul_Breaker_SE_Damage
Soul_Drinker_SE_RawDamage
Run_Through_SE_RawDamage
Finality_SE_RawDoT
The_Mind_Makes_Real_SE_DoT
Hounding_SE_BleedDoT
Corsairs_Voulge_Static_Charge_SE_DisplayOnly
Counterattack_SE_Damage
Red_Flag_Flying_SE_BleedDoT
Mortal_wounds_SE_BleedDoT
Wounding_SE_BleedDoT
Knife_in_the_back_SE_RawDoT
Twist_The_Knife_SE_RawDoT
Sacrifice_of_Saints_SE_Damage
LAX01_Tear_Flank_SE_BleedDoT
LAX01_Potent_bite_SE_PoisonDoT
LAX01_Juvenile_venom_SE_VenomDoT
LAX01_Ravage_SE_BleedDoT
LAX01_Research_Notes_Destroyed_SE_Damage
LAX01_Barbed_Thorns_SE_Damage
LAX01_Hunters_pounce_SE_DoT
LAX01_Spiders_Patience_SE_Damage
LAX01_Aspect_Of_The_Spider_SE_Damage
LAX02_Bear_Snow_Maul_SE_Damage
LAX02_Engwithan_Shattered_Realm_SE_Damage
lax02_call_to_rymrgand_SEDOT
LAX02_Shambling_Soul_Latch_SE_Damage
lax02_scatter_essence_SEDOT
lax02_soul_shred_SEDOT
LAX02_Poison_Corrosive_Soul_Essence_SE_Damage
LAX02_Scales_Of_Justice_SE_Damage
LAX02_Found_Guilty_SE_Damage
LAX02_Found_Innocent_SE_Damage
LAX03_Oracle_Eye_Of_Ninagauth_SE_Damage
LAXD_Unwieldy_SE_Damage
Ooze_Black_Symbiote_SE_RawDoT
Forbidden_Fist_SE_RawDamage
Blood_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamage_Tier1
Blood_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamage_Tier2
Blood_Sacrifice_SE_RawDamage_Tier3

7 Pen according to the game files so this should be fine as it is

Could I incorporate this file in BPM ? (You'll be credited as usual)

7 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

After some further play I am wondering whether it would be possible for Imbue: Eora and Imbue: Death to switch places. I feel that Imbue: Eora is vastly more powerful than Imbue: Death (which is really not too different from a slightly better Imbue: Fireball), so it should only be available to single classes.

Gameplay apart, it is super annoying to do. Adding an extra ability to an existing table is easy, removing one (or changing its Tier) requires overriding the whole table.

Anyway I think that the Tiers are fine for Arcane Archer. I is quite varied, without too much redundancy and Imbue : Death still bring some unique stuff to SC AA.

Imbue : Death only has in common with fireball to be an AoE damages ability. They do different damage type, target different defense ; Imbue Death is foe only, has a 4 times bigger (2 times larger) AoE and Destroy Vs Near Death. For a character specialized in AoE damages, it makes sense to have 2 AoE abilities, at least to avoid immunity and high defenses issues.

That said Imbue Death being the same cost makes Imbue Fireball almost obsolete. That's why I think Imbue Fireball should cost 2 bonds ; which won't be broken for a mere Tier 3 spell (because even with bounce, targeting with Imbued spells is harder). Fireball would be optimal for tight groups of foes, as long as friendly fire is not an issue.

Imbue : Missiles is also too expensive at 2. 1 bond would make it a fairly good 1 bond single target damages ability, but it is the point for Arcane Archer to have better special attacks and worse auto attacks.

BPM tweaked a lot of stuff for SC ranger. SC ranger feels very special compared to MC. That's why SC AA unique ability has to be special (foe only big corrode AoE), but does not have to be super special : there are many other reasons to go SC AA compared to MC AA simply because you will also get all SC ranger unique stuff.

2 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

In the Gamedata, it is taged as melee, like Minor Blight and Rot Skull. The differents Walls, Sunlance, Avenging Storm, Touch of Death, Pollen Patch, Concelhault crushing Doom, the frightened attack from Venombloom, and some others are also Melee. I tried these spells with the Shea's War Staff, they proc Combat Casting (concentration for 8s on critical hit in melee). Probably they interrupt on hit with Babyboar, I dont know.

Thanks, I will look into this, at least for the ranged weapons.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Thanks, I will look into this, at least for the ranged weapons.

I tried also with Swift Flurry and Carnage, nothing happened with the summoned weapons concerned. Carnage, like the Boar DoT, Interrupting Blows, Turning wheels and Despondent Blows should normally proc on melee, but not from weapon. Whatever, nothing happened. Maybe there are some kind of hybrid between ranged and melee weapons, I dont know :) 

Beside that, there are at less 12 items that could work when critically hit or misses from these abilities and summoned weapon, including Offensive Parry. I know, this is out of topic subject !

10 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I tried also with Swift Flurry and Carnage, nothing happened with the summoned weapons concerned. Carnage, like the Boar DoT, Interrupting Blows, Turning wheels and Despondent Blows should normally proc on melee, but not from weapon. Whatever, nothing happened. Maybe there are some kind of hybrid between ranged and melee weapons, I dont know :) 

Well, there is "treated as weapons" property, the actual object category in the attack gamedata bundle and some property in item files too (I can't check this week though).

Fury weapon can't bounce either and I wasn't able to fix it for now.

I will double check all that because I've learned a couple of tricks since the last time I tried.

10 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Beside that, there are at less 12 items that could work when critically hit or misses from these abilities and summoned weapon, including Offensive Parry. I know, this is out of topic subject !

Maybe, we'll see when the mystery above is solved.

Another idea : Finishing Blow.

BPM already changed it so it counts health loss from 100% instead of 50% with the same cap value.

But something still bothered me and I rarely used it.

It is a pure damages ability costing 2 Guiles that starts becoming interesting when the target is around Blooded or below. Sometimes 1 Guile Crippling Strike was enough as a damages ability with benefits. Finishing Blow is specialized to get some cost effective modifiers vs very low health target... But in this case, all "Destroy on Near Death" abilities provide better results.

So the easy fix would be to add a Destroy on Near Death (EDITED) to Finishing Blow too, which would make a lot of sense. But not 100% chances because :

- destroy on near death Vs Deflection is quite powerful.

- this would make bonus damages insignificant

- you can get 2 (or more) rolls. First attack can put the target under 25% health and the second would have a chance to kill it outright. If the target is already below 25% before the full attack, it makes having 2 chances more significant. It also has nice synergy with blunderbusses. I think this is an interesting mechanic.

My bet is 33% chances for Finishing and Eliminating Blow and 50% for Devastating Blow. Not as reliable as circle of death but does a lot of damages anyway.

Would it be OP Vs Bosses ? I don't think so. Rogue has access to Marux Amanth which get the job done most of the time in my experience. Putting a boss under 25% is usually a short term death sentence.

Edited by Elric Galad