Floating Hangman: a really nasty bug

So with the corona and all, I've been replaying the game. But I think I'll stop now, quite possibly for good, with Obsidian. My latest auto-save is the one before the endgame for the Forgotten Sanctum, after that I've only got the quicksave which is now ruined. You see, I tried to sail to Ukaizo on the Floating Hangman. So I stood on my deck, took the sword, said the oath, battled Lucia Rivan and... I did not get the sequence that says "With the last of the undead slain, the Floating Hangman is now yours". I'm standing there on the deck of the Floating Hangman, and there's nothing I can do. When I click back to the world map, I'm on the Defiant.

So that's that, I suppose. Obsidian really manages to create these bugs that bug the heck out of you.

I've never had this bug either. Floating Hangman is just a bad version of a Galeon though. Best ship for me is the Dhow. Especially with the new interface that allows you to board enemy vessels without taking ship damage. I don't like the special ships because they're all slow as hell.

11 hours ago, Boeroer said:

It's unreal that some players stumble over nasty bugs so frequently - while I never had anything gamebreaking happen in so many hours of playtime. 

I know the feeling, with some other games. I find it really hard to figure out how these bugs happen. But this was probably due to the fact that during that battle, one of my characters got stuck in an endless loop (there's another nasty bug for you!). It said nothing but "X abandons casting Y", over and over again, and I mean really over and over: nothing but this could be seen in my combat log, endlessly, and the character could not even be moved.

That bug I know as well. But I can simply fix it by using the "x" command that cancels all action and also resets that stupid loop. So it's not game breaking. Just annoying. For me that loop bug only occurs with individual characters. Eitehr they have it or not (like a genetic disorder). In most playthroughs I don't have it at all and in some one or two characters suffer from it (which is annoying). Turning on AI also gets rid of it. It only occurs (for me) when I'm turning off AI.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 4/13/2020 at 4:49 PM, Boeroer said:

For me that loop bug only occurs with individual characters. Eitehr they have it or not (like a genetic disorder). In most playthroughs I don't have it at all and in some one or two characters suffer from it (which is annoying).

Same here. I have now had two playthroughs, and I had it in both of them, and in both, only Aloth and my main character suffered from it.