Hello guys,

has someone any hints for a good melee zealot build for Vatnir ?

I would prefer dw over 2handed.

Any tips, hints, builds, ... are welcome !

Edited by Dyxx

What was his role in the party ?

I mean did he still buff the party or used only buffs for himself ?

Summoned weapons scale by lvl not power level if I'm not mistaken. 

What for skills did you use from the rogue part ? Gouging strike and devastating blow ?

Was the Axemodal worth it ?

How does a Priest only buff himself? ;)

No, I stood in the second row and used the usual Blessing/Devotions routine, followed by Spiritual Battle Axes and then intercepted everything that came past the front line. I stacked several DoTs (Arterial Strike, Ring the Bell, Deep Wounds and turned on Bleeding Cuts) and usually the typical rushers melted after one Full Attack. 

If nobody was rushing I continued to cast stuff. 

Summoned weapons scale their quality (fine/exceptional etc.) by character level, right. So that's good for multiclass characters. The summoning duration gets prolonged by Power Level (and INT of course). I actually forgot how companion priests scale the lash on spiritual weapons which is done by the priest's "pure" dispositions (that have to match their god's). But they have a decent lash whatsoever.

Bleeding Cuts (axe modal) is very powerful - especially with Full Attack since you skip the first (long) recovery entirely. Best would be to use a Battle Axe with Bleeding Cuts in the main hand only - but that's not possible with summoned dual axes of course. But dual wielding and two weapon style do help so the recovery of the offhand Battle Axe is not awfully bad even with Bleeding Cuts. I didn't wear thick armor but his own Harbinger Robe.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's nice.

Exactly like I thought, so I wouldn't lose my buffbot. 

Boeroer can you tell me if it's worth to have a single class no subclass cipher or is it better to have a mind stalker (no subclass) or maybe even keep Serafen as a witch ?

Is a blunderbuss witch playable or do I loose to much features from the barbarian part ?

No subclasses cause of only companions/sidekicks for my first run.

I personally like a good Witch - but with a morning star (The Willbreaker), NOT blunderbusses (or mortars). Because you'd lose Blood Thirst when using blunderbusses (doesn't work with reload, only recovery) and that's the best part of any Barbarian in my opinion. With the Willbreaker you can not only lower Will per hit (always good for a Cipher) but also Fortitude with the modal which helps to apply Soul Ignition and Disintegrate - which then trigger Blood Thirst (once they kill). Combine with Spirit Frenzy (to stagger with your Carnage and all your spells) - don't upgrade to Spirit Tornado (it's bugged and doesn't stagger with Carnage and spells then). 

Single class Cipher: Serafen's two mortars become pretty fun once you get Time Parasite and Shared Nightmare. The increased AoE of Shared Nightmare also works for weapons' AoE(!) which makes the AoE of mortars ridiculously big. Especially if you also took Greater Focus and maybe even wear Aloth's Armor and a Ring of Overseeing.
Time Parasite reduces the reload times a lot and lets you gain focus quickly with such big mortar blasts.
So a single class Cipher with mortars can be pretty nice.
Another fun alternative weapon for SC Cipher can be Watershaper's Focus. Use the Blast modal and fire from stealth into a bunch of enemies - usually lots of damage and full focus. 

Or I'd give the mortars to Mirke (as mortar SC Monk or Monk/Streetfighter). Mortar monks are very strong in general (Stunning Surge, Flagellanth's Path and Whispers of the Wind + Resonant Touch). And a Streetfighter-Shadowdancer with mortars (+Powder Burns)... phew. Both great.

Or I'd give the mortars to a single class Tekehu (no matter if Stormspeaker or Waterhaper) because once he gets Avenging Storm at PL 8 they are simply ridiculously powerful weapons to have. Use Chain Shot (jumps trigger Av. Storm) and Blinding Smoke (cone triggers Avenging Storm as well) as enchantments for Fire in the Hole/Hand Mortar, put on Deltro's Cage and behold the constant thundercracks all over the place.

Combine with Aloth's or Fassina's Combusting Wounds... ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I really like Serafen as a witch !

I think I'll give him the Willbreaker, it's the only smart choice.

My first choice was to give my MC Helwalker/Troubadour the Willbreaker but that doesn't make sense !

But which weapons shall I choose ? I'm not fully sure if dual mortars is a good choice because of the range. I use my mc as a DD with aoe CC. 

I like the idea of DW melee weapons and I need someone to debuff reflex through modal. If my MC stays melee I would have 4 melees in my team...

It feels a but much I  theory.

I don't know...

My party consists off:

Eder swashi tank

Serafen melee witch Willbreaker 

Vatnir Zealot melee

Aloth as a Wizard 

My MC as Helwalker/Troubadour 

Edited by Dyxx

17 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I actually forgot how companion priests scale the lash on spiritual weapons which is done by the priest's "pure" dispositions (that have to match their god's). But they have a decent lash whatsoever.

FYI as a reminder to everyone here - spiritual weapons scale from 20% lash to 31% lash depending on well you've been paying attention to dispositions. Neutral case is 25% lash.

Obsidian-provided NPCs have no disposition, so they will always have neutral effects on anything that cares about disposition - so Vatnir will get a 25% lash (and a neutral Holy Radiance), which is plenty good.

Truth be told, even being the worst role-player whatsoever, even a 20% lash on legendary weapons is pretty good, especially for a zealot that gets a lot of additive bonuses multiplied by that lash. 31% is pretty great though, arguably makes max-disposition legendary weapons some of the best in the game (especially woedica's). I really like Vatnir's priest subclass and really wish it wasn't just limited to him.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2