3 hours ago, AeonsLegend said:

Pretty sure Hylia's Talons count as a "hit" for every tick unfortunately which means it cancels things that go away by taking damage or hits. Like Dance of Death and Mirrored Image.

No, it does not. Only damage that goes through attack resolution does this. This is true for all effects that get canceled or prolonged by hits (Psion, Enduring Dance, Takedown Combo, Shield Cracks and so on and so forth).

But even if it did: what effect would a Goldpact/Shifter have that would end prematurely?

Edit: You mean Gilded Enmity I presume. Fair point. But luckily it shouldn't break from DoT ticks unless it's not implemented completely differently than all the other effects that get canceled from hits. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So I get nervous to completely dump dex because it affects stride and I’d hate to be a melee fighter that can’t reach his target. Without any gap closers like monk/rogue/barb, is there another way to offset the low stride as shifter/paladin if I dump dex completely? I kinda figured dumping res shouldn’t be a huge issue with the great defense provided by paladin, I’m assuming.

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

No, it does not. Only damage that goes through attack resolution does this. This is true for all effects that get canceled or prolonged by hits (Psion, Enduring Dance, Takedown Combo, Shield Cracks and so on and so forth).

But even if it did: what effect would a Goldpact/Shifter have that would end prematurely?

Edit: You mean Gilded Enmity I presume. Fair point. But luckily it shouldn't break from DoT ticks unless it's not implemented completely differently than all the other effects that get canceled from hits. 

Yea I was concerned about Gilded Enmity. I've done some random testing with Dance of Death and this item and the Dance fell off without an enemy hitting me. Perhaps the test wasn't 100% conclusive to be honest, but it did happen.

7 hours ago, Krusified said:

So I get nervous to completely dump dex because it affects stride and I’d hate to be a melee fighter that can’t reach his target. Without any gap closers like monk/rogue/barb, is there another way to offset the low stride as shifter/paladin if I dump dex completely? I kinda figured dumping res shouldn’t be a huge issue with the great defense provided by paladin, I’m assuming.

Dex doesn't affect stride as far as I know. Or is this different in turn based?

I’ve never played the RT mode, but yeah dex seems to affect stride on a 1pt = 4% basis on TB mode. Are there items that would grant a dash ability? There are so many items to sort through on the wiki, I haven’t been able to locate one yet. Also, thanks for all the great tips and discussion! I really appreciate it guys

On 4/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, Krusified said:

I’ve never played the RT mode, but yeah dex seems to affect stride on a 1pt = 4% basis on TB mode. Are there items that would grant a dash ability? There are so many items to sort through on the wiki, I haven’t been able to locate one yet. Also, thanks for all the great tips and discussion! I really appreciate it guys

i haven't played TB mode much, but for a big range of dex values and for typical fights, i don't think stride really matters that much. Sprawling fights are very rare, I can't imagine many circumstances where having the extra movement range is useful over, say, more int or might. (Though if you stealth around at the start of fights it might matter a lot more since your movement range is severely limited while sneaking.)

Edited by thelee

On 4/11/2020 at 6:29 AM, Krusified said:

Are there items that would grant a dash ability?

The Magnificent Escape Cape has a 1/encounter Escape (Rogue ability) iirc. But you have to get bloodied to be able to cast it.

Rakhan Field Boots have a 1/encounter ability named "No Quarter" that works kind of like Flagellant's Path (Monk ability).

Bounding Boots have a 2/rest Leap (same as the Barbarian ability).

Okura's Kettle (helmet) has "Hearth and Home" which lets you teleport to an ally. I think it's 1/rest but am not 100% sure.

Those are the ones that I can remember from the top of my head. 

And of course you could think about Boots of Speed. No dashing but +25% stride.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods