The game lack quests indicator on NPC + Map personal marker

Hi,

It is very hard to find quests since nothing indicate an npc have a quest for us... Please improve this, and by the way adding a personal marker on the map would facilitate the navigation...
Thanks

Ced

• Like 1

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

It's actually simple to receive quests that lead to other quests in this game, almost laughably so.  I mean, as soon as I landed on Monarch for the first time there was a man standing right there yelling at me for something silly and that inadvertently led to several more quest givers.  It's literally one step above a mainstream MMORPG.

I agree, same for me on Monarch, but it is easy to miss a lot of quests... An "exclamation mark" on quests character would be nice too...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

I prefer having to talk to someone to see if they have a quest.  I know it has become common place in MMORPG to put some indicator above NPCs but it detracts from the old school exploration I miss from MUDS and the first generations of MMOPRG.

• Thanks 1

So let's say an option to disable markers for those who don't want it, and markers for those who want it... Considering the walking/running speed, it is hard to cover the entire map to see if there is a quest in a corner of the map...

Edited by fced
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fced said:

So let's say an option to disable markers for those who don't want it, and markers for those who want it... Considering the walking/running speed, it is hard to cover the entire map to see if there is a quest in a corner of the map...

Good idea the more options to customize the game the better.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thearmourofGod said:

in theory, yes, absolutely

the problem i see in every non-pc game i play is that the hud and gameplay options are all horrible, incomplete and completely cater to the handholding types

Well I only play on PC so I can't speak on that.

23 minutes ago, Ommamar said:

Well I only play on PC so I can't speak on that.

was the game designed for consoles or pc primarily?

it matters as Thief 4 to my knowledge is the only game i know that does such a good job for hud and gameplay customization

on consoles TOW does not stand out as being bad or even average in my mind

Edited by thearmourofGod