Eder and Xoti: the relationship vs. conversation contradiction

So, I'm pretty sure a lot of players have noticed that when Xoti and Eder are in the same group, Xoti wants to be friends with Eder but Eder turns her down in no uncertain terms, telling that maybe they shouldn't be even talking. This may not happen in all games, but it has happened in all the three games I have started.

But in all of those three games, when I have checked the relationship screen, they are on good terms. Nothing negative there at all: one of them has a "1" for the other, and the other has a "0". I find that there's a bit of a contradiction there. Anyone else feel the same?

But there isn't any negativity between them. Xoti likes Eder, but Eder has his reasons for not wanting to become close to Xoti, which does not mean he has a bad opinion for her. Xoti respects that and still continues to have a good opinion of Eder.

Edited by wih
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That does indeed sound plausible and quite all right except for the bit about Xoti respecting Eder's point of view. I'm not saying it's impossible or totally out of character, but given Xoti's rather avid zealotry, her response here is maybe a bit too mature and measured.

But that was certainly a good reply, no question.

Edited by xzar_monty

Interesting now (a bit later in the game, that is) that Eder and Xoti seem to be getting along really well despite Eder definitely saying they shouldn't even talk. I still feel there's a bit of a contradiction here.

Edited by xzar_monty