Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there something going on traps?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Verde

Verde

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1660 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
Not only can I disarm them without officially 'noticing' them, but I am noticing them a heck of a lot less. Which is currently really annoying in BoW where I can't disarm the hole-in-the-ground traps.

asnjas

asnjas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
Yeah i think disarming prior to revealing is a feature at this point. Its cool they have ways to allow players to spot them with their naked eye instead of math only. But spotting a trap is different than having know how to disarm the bastard.

I find traps more annoying when they are easily noticed and disarmed everytime. At that point just remove em. I also noticed bow traps were different and my trapper was able to spot them less far away. Better balance when traps were still spotted but from closer away. Gave them a degree of danger but mechanics still useful.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15260 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

But spotting a trap is different than having know how to disarm the bastard.

I guess that's why the spotting is done via Perception (yours or your characters') and the disarming via Mechanics skill.

asnjas

asnjas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 200 posts
Good job watson

Verde

Verde

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1660 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
Unfortunately it doesn't work for all traps which is annoying. In general I'm not a fan of Perception is King in Deadfire as I stare at traps in front of me that can't be disarmed.

Edited by Verde, 22 March 2019 - 02:28 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15260 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Good job watson

Thanks Sherlock. Always a pleasure to lend a helping hand... and hide the cocaine. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users