Rapier & Stiletto: both pierce only, needs backup weapon set

Devoted to Battle Axes: slash only, needs Monastic Unarmed Training or needs to live with no crit bonus and -10 ACC with his backup weapons

Lifegiver/Eothas: always Spine of Thicket Green

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Rapier & Stiletto: both pierce only, needs backup weapon set

Devoted to Battle Axes: slash only, needs Monastic Unarmed Training or needs to live with no crit bonus and -10 ACC with his backup weapons

Thank you what about the other 2 builds?

Also then i'd have 4 melees kind of wanted 2 ranged. Hencewhy the hunter's bow on the Lifegiver/Eothas

Edited by MikeMikeMikeMikeMike

Please someone share your thoughts about these builds:

Shieldbearer/Troubadour. Sword and Board: Tank.

can't go wrong with a troubadour. 

Streetfighter/Forbidden Fist. Rapier and Stiletto. Flanker.

i wouldn't even bother with weapons with a monk. just by fist scaling alone you will get post-superb fists and you can use litany for the spirit from your priest multiclass for an additional +1 PL from acute inspiration to get post-legendary fists. combo of fist base damage and speed is highest in game and will benefit from sneak attack and streetfighter damage bonus more than any other natural weapon in the game. the only reason why you'd use other weapons in this case is for crush immunity (rare) or high crush AR.

edit: instead of litany for the spirit, you can just make this a nature godlike and the monk's swift strikes should trigger the +1 PL.

Devoted/Berserker. Dual wield Battle Axes. DPS.

what boeroer said. slash immunity IS a thing, and some enemies have super huge slash AR (and battle axe modal won't help you there), so pick up monastic unarmed training as some decent backup crush damage (everyone has proficiency with fists so devoted bonus also counts there).

Psion/Wizard. Rod, AOE.

sure

Lifegiver/Eothas. Hunting Bow, Healer

personally i find this redundant. lifegiver is such a good healer that the eothas seems redundant. are you trying to compensate for post-shapeshift poor healing? i wouldn't worry about that. my experience with life giver is that you only need to shapeshift in emergencies, and after shapeshifting is done you've done so much healing you don't need much more afterwards. i'd personally pick another priest subclass with more unique capabilities that can make up for the loss of PL and AL8-9 druid spells from not single-classing, e.g. wael can give you good survivability, magran adds diverse firepower (literally), woedica has a lot of useful debuffs for when you don't need to heal without using up your lifegiver spells. Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

i wouldn't even bother with weapons with a monk. just by fist scaling alone you will get post-superb fists and you can use litany for the spirit from your priest multiclass for an additional +1 PL from acute inspiration to get post-legendary fists. combo of fist base damage and speed is highest in game and will benefit from sneak attack and streetfighter damage bonus more than any other natural weapon in the game. the only reason why you'd use other weapons in this case is for crush immunity (rare) or high crush AR.

edit: instead of litany for the spirit, you can just make this a nature godlike and the monk's swift strikes should trigger the +1 PL.

what boeroer said. slash immunity IS a thing, and some enemies have super huge slash AR (and battle axe modal won't help you there), so pick up monastic unarmed training as some decent backup crush damage (everyone has proficiency with fists so devoted bonus also counts there).

Psion/Wizard. Rod, AOE.

sure

personally i find this redundant. lifegiver is such a good healer that the eothas seems redundant. are you trying to compensate for post-shapeshift poor healing? i wouldn't worry about that. my experience with life giver is that you only need to shapeshift in emergencies, and after shapeshifting is done you've done so much healing you don't need much more afterwards. i'd personally pick another priest subclass with more unique capabilities that can make up for the loss of PL and AL8-9 druid spells from not single-classing, e.g. wael can give you good survivability, magran adds diverse firepower (literally), woedica has a lot of useful debuffs for when you don't need to heal without using up your lifegiver spells.

It is more that I haven't really tried an unarmed monk or anything but an eothas as a healer. I literally wouldn't know what spells to prioritise on the Lifegiver druid.

I'm considering switching to swords or pickaxes for my devoted would this be a good idea or? Since it has two damaging types.

Psion/Wizard. Rod, AOE.

sure

personally i find this redundant. lifegiver is such a good healer that the eothas seems redundant. are you trying to compensate for post-shapeshift poor healing? i wouldn't worry about that. my experience with life giver is that you only need to shapeshift in emergencies, and after shapeshifting is done you've done so much healing you don't need much more afterwards. i'd personally pick another priest subclass with more unique capabilities that can make up for the loss of PL and AL8-9 druid spells from not single-classing, e.g. wael can give you good survivability, magran adds diverse firepower (literally), woedica has a lot of useful debuffs for when you don't need to heal without using up your lifegiver spells.

It is more that I haven't really tried an unarmed monk or anything but an eothas as a healer. I literally wouldn't know what spells to prioritise on the Lifegiver druid.

I'm considering switching to swords or pickaxes for my devoted would this be a good idea or? Since it has two damaging types.

fortunately for you, the lifegiver basically gets all the important spells you want for free :) that's kind of what makes lifegiver such a good druid subclass - the downside is really narrow (no summon spells) and you get all the heals that the class wants for free, so you're free to shape the lifegiver how you want, whether to shapeshift better or to cast debuffs or damage spells.

eothas is a pretty redundant priest subclass because they don't really have much unique compared to other priests. it only really works if you for some reason specifically want sunbeam (AL1) or their special spiritual weapon (AL2) or their seal (AL8), or in multi-class situations where you want those free eothas priest spells anyway and it spares you a lot of ability points on your other multiclass. but with a lifegiver, you're essentially making your lifegiver worse at healing (no AL8-9 spells, missing out on up to +3 PL organically) just to pick up some additional heals and buffs for free that are.... (probably) worse than the lifegiver's healing capabilities. that's why i recommend those other priest subclasses - you can still pick up some priest buffs/debuffs/res spells, but the free spells interact better with a lifegiver.

two-damage types are better. either what you suggest is going to be good though I would personally lean more towards war hammer due to their inherent higher PEN than swords (8 vs 6). with devoted inherent +2 PEN and the additional +2 PEN from weapon modal, and warhammer, you may never have PEN issues on even PotD+upscaling. (The main difference is that axes, on top of only having one damage type, their weapon modal doesn't grant any bonus PEN.)

• Like 1

+1

And you could add Amira's Wing or Rod of the Deep Hunter for a ranged weapon.

Personally I'd go with the Wael subclass. As another poster said, Eothos and Lifegiver are a bit redundant. You get some really good defensive spells from Wael and Gaze of the Adragan as your last spell. (Seriously tho, wth is an 'Adragan'? Lol). With Thicket Green you get PL bonuses to almost all your spells and for damage can focus on Plant spells, which have some variety.

One thing I'm trying out is mixing in Chromostaff on my Wael/Lifegiver, as there are some good Druid elemental spells like Fire Bug and Sunlance.

Edited by Verde

(Seriously tho, wth is an 'Adragan'? Lol).

In PoE1 they were an extremely rare but extremely powerful form of Delemgan that could petrify at will (using Gaze of the Adragan in fact). They were so nearly fatal to my The Ultimate run (and were fatal to earlier attempts) that I can still remember where they are: level 10 of endless paths, level 15 during the master fight, and then a stupid few random ones in the outdoor areas of act 3.

I think they only appeared on PotD as selective upgrades to Delemgans.

When solo-ing if you didn't get them down ASAP, they could perpetually heal (moonwell and the druid heal in a close area around them) and petrify on a repeating, cycling timer, which meant that any encounter against them would almost assuredly turn fatal in the long run (due to them constantly keeping all other mobs at high health and repeatedly attempting to hit you with petrify).

Edited by thelee

In PoE1 they were an extremely rare but extremely powerful form of Delemgan that could petrify at will (using Gaze of the Adragan in fact). They were so nearly fatal to my The Ultimate run (and were fatal to earlier attempts) that I can still remember where they are: level 10 of endless paths, level 15 during the master fight, and then a stupid few random ones in the outdoor areas of act 3.

When solo-ing if you didn't get them down ASAP, they could perpetually heal (moonwell and the druid heal in a close area around them) and petrify on a repeating, cycling timer, which meant that any encounter against them would almost assuredly turn fatal in the long run (due to them constantly keeping all other mobs at high health and repeatedly attempting to hit you with petrify).

Wow I remember those enemies actually, and they were quite terrifying. Is there an Adragan in the Poko Kohara ruins? There's a though fight there with a Delemgam who is named, so maybe it's a superior version. Edited by Verde

Psion/Wizard. Rod, AOE.

sure

fortunately for you, the lifegiver basically gets all the important spells you want for free :) that's kind of what makes lifegiver such a good druid subclass - the downside is really narrow (no summon spells) and you get all the heals that the class wants for free, so you're free to shape the lifegiver how you want, whether to shapeshift better or to cast debuffs or damage spells.

eothas is a pretty redundant priest subclass because they don't really have much unique compared to other priests. it only really works if you for some reason specifically want sunbeam (AL1) or their special spiritual weapon (AL2) or their seal (AL8), or in multi-class situations where you want those free eothas priest spells anyway and it spares you a lot of ability points on your other multiclass. but with a lifegiver, you're essentially making your lifegiver worse at healing (no AL8-9 spells, missing out on up to +3 PL organically) just to pick up some additional heals and buffs for free that are.... (probably) worse than the lifegiver's healing capabilities. that's why i recommend those other priest subclasses - you can still pick up some priest buffs/debuffs/res spells, but the free spells interact better with a lifegiver.

two-damage types are better. either what you suggest is going to be good though I would personally lean more towards war hammer due to their inherent higher PEN than swords (8 vs 6). with devoted inherent +2 PEN and the additional +2 PEN from weapon modal, and warhammer, you may never have PEN issues on even PotD+upscaling. (The main difference is that axes, on top of only having one damage type, their weapon modal doesn't grant any bonus PEN.)

Which attributes should i prioritise for each of the 5 builds? let's say i do change the fifth build to lifegiver/Wael?

Psion/Wizard. Rod, AOE.

sure

Should i max

Con and Res on the tank with a bit of Int?

Dex, Per and a bit of Might on the flanker?

Might, Con and a bit of Per on the DPS?

Int, Might and Per on the AOE?

Might, Int and Res on the healer?