Specifically the No Quarter ability it gives. I did a quick search on the forums and couldn't find topic regarding these. As a refresher:

• No Quarter
  • Uses: 1 per encounter
  • Cast Time: 0.5 sec
  • Recovery Time: 4.0 sec
  • Range: 6m
  • Noise: Quiet (Use) / Quiet (Impact)
  • Effects:
    • Target:
      • Interrupt | Accuracy vs. Deflection
      • Full Attack

I did some testing regarding something else and discovered you can hit yourself with this ability. Also it's usable outside of combat and as such recovers uses constantly, so it can be used to stack some on-hit buffs before combat while playing solo.

What are some good gears to combo with this knowledge? Already tested with Scordeo's Trophy, which grants either 5% Recovery Time or 10% Melee Weapon Recovery, depending on enchants, and these stack with each stack expiring independently, but also increasing in duration independently using WoD / SoT. Works great.

So, any other good combos?

• Like 1

Avenging Storm + Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole + No Quarter is a nice "surprise" AoE attack for every close standing mob. Since it skips reload (and stealth gives you 85% recovery bonus) you can follow up with two additonal AoE shots right away. Also not very risky since most enemies will be stunned (or dead).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I always love testing things on solo Barbarian, so here I am.

Level 20 solo Barbarian on my current playthrough and I just hit myself with No Quarter and Barbaric Retaliation. The game had to stop and think about what was going on. It looped into overdrive in a chain of critical hits and retaliations, resulting in over 2000 damage to my character and an explosion of red shock waves and blood. You could abuse this in a party suicide build between Barbaric Retaliation and Vengeful Defeat or use Barring Death's Door. The resulting Carnage damage radiating off of you alone would probably kill most mobs within close range, not to say the least of what you could do with max Intelligence, two rings of overseeing, and Aloth's armor.

Edited by UltimaLuminaire
  • Like 1

Could you (try to) explain what happens? Where is the synergy between Barb. Retaliation and No Quarter? Afaik it only allows a Full Attack at the target. Why does everything explode?

Edit: hm, just tried what you said and nothing unusual happens. I must miss something...?

Edit2: Ahhh! You hit yourself! Hang on...

Edit3: Hm... still nothing special happens. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

It might not be you. The whole thing was very strange. I'm using unarmed strikes (w/ training) and was wearing Platinated Plate at the time, so I should have gotten stunned at some point with all those attacks flying around.

Anyway, let me break down what I can.

First, I was playing in Turn Based Mode, but I executed the attack out of combat. I was also running Eothas and Berath's challenge, but that shouldn't affect anything either. The type of Barbarian was Mage Slayer so I could test it for once (ugh, softlocks all over in the 2nd half of the playthrough), but this shouldn't affect No Quarter.

My gear consisted of Platinated Plate, anything I could grab to increase Perception, Upright Captain's Belt, armband of accuracy, unarmed fists, a ring of prosperity that increased my hit to crit conversion, the ring with time dilation from Beast of Winter, and the Rakhan Field Boots to use No Quarter on myself.

The food I was benefiting from at the time was Hot Razor Skewers. I had the luminous bath bonus. There was also the mysterious bog water bonus granting +2 Might and Constitution. None of these should matter.

Talents (that might matter aside from Barbaric Retaliation)

• Blooded
  • Monastic Training
  • Bloody Slaughter
  • Uncanny Luck
  • Improved Critical
  • Spell Resistance (Maybe? I mean Mage Slayer has inherent 25% vs spells but No Quarter *can't* be a spell. Unpossible.)

Platinated Plate was upgraded for 30% stun rate on being hit in melee and +2 Armor vs Melee attacks w/ increased recovery penalty.

No weapon modal was active.

Edited by UltimaLuminaire
  • Like 2

I did a quick test and indeed something unusual happens. First of all I was very dead. I left Haymaker on... ;)

But you are right that somehow I produced a ton of hit rolls with Carnage. I think it only stopped because I killed myself.

I didn't get stunned either. Rebound + No Quarter + Retaliation seems to produce some chain reaction. I suspect that No Quarter crits you which then triggers Retaliation and rebound which hits you which tirggers Retaliation/Rebound etc. But it doesn't trigger without Rebound - so you need the Patinated Plate it seems.

Really nice find! Further investigating...

• Like 2

I'm killing myself a lot when dual wielding (like 100% of times). But with two handed weapons it's all not spectacular. I'm doing it in real time with pause though - maybe that's the problem.   

• Like 2