Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doing Bounty in Town - all guards attack me?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

tedmann12

tedmann12

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I encountered the Lord Admiral Imp in Neketaka, and talked to him and initiated combat. Instantly all the Neketaka guards start swarming in on me. Any reason for this?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14463 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Turn based? If yes: known bug.
  • SChin likes this

tedmann12

tedmann12

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yes turn based. Is there anything I can do to not trigger this?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14463 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I don't think so. They are working on a fix. It wasn't included in the 4.1.1 patch yet.

Keep in mind that turn based mode has beta status. :)

xzar_monty

xzar_monty

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 549 posts

Keep in mind that turn based mode has beta status. :)

Pretty much this. I was curious about turn based and thought about giving it a try. After noticing it was still beta, that was it. Let's face it: if the first released version of the game is substantially unfinished, what do you expect from a beta?

mishona

mishona

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

I'd recommend trying it again. I had a similar issue but they didn't aggro immediately, it took an AOE ability to do it (I believe it picked civilian targets for relentless storm but I'm not sure.) The big thing to keep in mind is that for some reason the civilians don't run out of the area once the fighting starts and in fact can walk into something mid-combat since they aren't part of initiative and continue to wander around while you fight.

tedmann12

tedmann12

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah I did it again and it didn't trigger but 15 minutes into the fight the guard walked through my wall of fire and stood in it taking damage (lol). This still didn't trigger her hostile but she stood there for long enough while my party and enemies party were trading blows and after toasting in my wall of fire for many rounds and maybe falling victim to some other AoE's she eventually turned hostile along with the rest of the city's guards

ptarror

ptarror

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I generally avoid AOEs in town, even in RT. Although really, NPCs should stop moving in real time while there's a fight on in turn-based mode.

• Eurhetemec and Wormerine like this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2984 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah, annoying bug. Essentially every time I attempt city bounty guards stare for a while before getting agreasive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users