Ship Combat Error: AI used unrecognized ship combat action

inanx

Question

In my most recent playthrough, I found out that ship combat has an error. 

The enemy ship does not do anything during its turn, instead, it just says in the screen that: AI used unrecognized ship combat action.

Looking at the logs, I found this:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Game.ShipState.IsActionValid (ShipDuelActionType action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelState.IsActionValid (ShipDuelParticipant participant, ShipDuelActionType action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.EvaluateMoves (Game.ShipDuelState state, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 previousNodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.EvaluateNewRound (Game.ShipDuelState state, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 previousNodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.AdvanceState (Game.ShipDuelState state, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 nodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.EvaluateMove (ShipDuelActionType actionType, Game.ShipDuelState newState, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 parentNodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.EvaluateMoves (Game.ShipDuelState state, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 previousNodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.AdvanceState (Game.ShipDuelState state, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 nodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.EvaluateMove (ShipDuelActionType actionType, Game.ShipDuelState newState, Int32 depth, Single alpha, Single beta, Int32 parentNodeIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.Minimax (Game.ShipDuelState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.ShipDuelManager.MinimaxThreadStart (System.Object parameter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Game.ShipDuelManager:AIActionIs(ShipDuelActionType)
Game.Conditionals:ShipDuelAIActionIs(ShipDuelActionType)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExecutionScope:lambda_method(ExecutionScope)
Game.ScriptManager:ExecuteConditionalMethod(ConditionalCall, ExceptionMode)
Game.ScriptManager:EvaluateConditionalWithOwnerObjects(ConditionalCall, ExceptionMode)
Game.ScriptManager:EvaluateComponentExpression(ExpressionComponent, ExceptionMode, Boolean&, LogicalOperator&)
Game.ScriptManager:EvaluateExpressionWithOwnerObjects(ConditionalExpression, ExceptionMode)
Game.ScriptManager:EvaluateExpression(ConditionalExpression, FlowChart, FlowChartPlayer, ExceptionMode)
Game.FlowChart:PassesConditionals(FlowChartNode, FlowChartPlayer, Boolean)
Game.Conversation:PassesConditionals(FlowChartNode, FlowChartPlayer, Boolean)
Game.FlowChart:PassesConditionals(FlowChartNode, FlowChartPlayer)
Game.Conversation:GetResponseNodes(FlowChartPlayer, Boolean)
Game.Conversation:ShouldShowPlayerResponses(FlowChartPlayer)
Game.UI.UIConversationResponses:DrawResponses()
Game.UI.UIConversationResponses:Set(FlowChartPlayer)
Game.UI.UIScriptedInteractionManager:CheckRebuildContent()
Game.UI.UIBaseConversationWindow`1:OnyxUpdate()
Onyx.OnyxBehavior:DoUpdate()
Onyx.OnyxBehaviorManagerBase:Update()

I do have a ship mod, but the ship mod has been working before.  GAME BUILD VERSION: v4.1.0.0023

Any help would be awesome.

2 answers to this question

You should definitely try it again with the ship mod removed/disabled.

One should not expect developers to be eager to investigate issues that almost certainly sounds like an interaction with something third-party.

It may be that the ship mod itself needs a bug fix for a more recent version of the game.

• Like 1

Hello inanx,

I'm sorry you're having troubles with the ship combat.  Thelee's suggestion of trying without the mod is very sound.  If you are still having issues after that, please send me a copy of your save file where this is occurring so I can have the team investigate the issue.  If needed, you can find instructions on where the save files are located here.  If you could then send the save file to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread and what you saw occur without the mod on, that would be amazing.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble this has been causing.