[BUG 4.0.1] Essential Phantom doesn't scale properly

Boeroer

Question

Hi,

I'm playing with Aloth. He's lvl 20. When I summon an Essential Phantom it has 34 accuracy: 25 base and +9 from level. That can't be right. Before that it had really high accuracy.

I noticed the same with another character I played solo before (Geomancer): loaded up the savegame and the same problem there.

I had similar problems with an Ancient whose unique shroom summons would not scale their stats correctly - don't know if that's related.

Find my savegame here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcwpf6g07ik0k5t/Hyleon%20%28f9c897b3-bd46-4c0e-9148-d236ebfea8c2%29%20%28LAX-123ABCDEFG%29%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

15 answers to this question

Hi guys, I tested on my level 7 conjurer's Essential Phantom. It has +18 accuracy from level. I attached the screenshot.

I just now also found that that on my level 15 Fassina in a different save however, the level bonus for accuracy is also +18, which doesn't make any sense. The summoned weapon used by the phantom also suffers similar problem - it has the scaling of a Fine Weapon rather than Superb Weapon.

post-189035-0-10153700-1547267477_thumb.png

Edited by DaylenAmell

This bug is pretty annoying considering that the phantom spells are quite important for a conjurer (since phantoms can use the conjured weapons).

As a side note, it baffles me as to why they made the phantoms uncontrollable (whereas in PoE1 they are controllable). The phantoms are hardly OP even if they are controllable.

Edited by DaylenAmell

Yeah, those are the ones I tested recently that didn't scale. ALso Chanter's Skeletons don't scale.

I didn't try Watery Double or Substantial Phantom. Matau (the spirit Barb from SSS) also scales properly. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

With the current beta patch installed, I found that Watery Double and Substantial Phantom appeared to have properly scaling accuracy bonuses (+57 from level), but Essential Phantom, Ondra's Whip, and Lashing Vine were not scaling properly.  

What do you mean by beta patch? Do our games automatically get beta-patched? If not where did you get it?

You have to opt out of the master branch and into beta branch.

Your game usually runs on the master (stable/release) branch.

CHanges of the beta become master at some point - and your game gets updated accordingly.

If you switch to the beta branch you can play the game with the newest beta patch, but it might be unstable and your game will not get updated to the master braches' new (stable) version once it arrives. You'll have to opt out of the beta then and back into the master.

You can do this with two clicks or so in Steam.

• Like 1

FYI - I reported this in a separate thread that didn't get any attention, but I think is related: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/107314-400-vela-actually-doesnt-get-any-kind-of-bonus-leveling-up/

Vela no longer seems to get any scaling (in Hylea's challenge). So whatever issue is breaking summon scaling is also likely breaking Vela's scaling.

• Like 1