Number of recruitable npcs?

Yes, it should be 10.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Nope, not aware of whether there's more than 10 to choose from.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yes, it should be 10.

KOTOR had 10 as well, even though the first one you meet doesn't really mean much.

Perhaps it's the same with KOTORII...

that would make a lotta sense.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Yes, it should be 10.

KOTOR had 10 as well, even though the first one you meet doesn't really mean much.

Perhaps it's the same with KOTORII...

like someone said; maybe the different recruitable characters depend on whether u follow the dark side or the light side? or if you kill one of the early possible party members, some other npc will be recruitable later?

it could happen. or maybe not............ ;)

Yes, it should be 10.

my point is this:

does the number of possible recruitable npcs exceed the number of "party member slots"?

IF there are recruitable NPC options dependent on your alignment, do you guys think that the devs would probably have to include a mechanism to 'dump' current NPC's BGII style, in case you don't have any vacant party member slots available?

manthing2.jpg

Yes, it should be 10.

my point is this:

does the number of possible recruitable npcs exceed the number of "party member slots"?

Yes. Or, rather, the total number of NPCs you can get going through a particular path of the game is 10. But there are more than 10 total potential NPCs in the game. You will never reach a situation where you are forced to chose what NPC to get rid of because you've run out of party slots.

-Akari

Yes, it should be 10.

my point is this:

Yes. Or, rather, the total number of NPCs you can get going through a particular path of the game is 10. But there are more than 10 total potential NPCs in the game. You will never reach a situation where you are forced to chose what NPC to get rid of because you've run out of party slots.

-Akari

Damn, that's what I was about to post.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yes, it should be 10.

my point is this:

-Akari

So I guess we can count on some situation like this:

*The player enters a room. Inside there are two men fighting verbally.*

PC: Okay, who's the evil one here?

Dude1: He is! *points to dude2*

[1. Help dude1]

[2. Help dude2]

Dudex (the one you helped): Thanks, <charname>. Mind if I tag along?

[1. Sure, dudex, welcome to the team!]

[2. Nah, the wookie would kill me if he'd have to share the food with yet another dude.]

Wow. I should have a career in dialogue writing ;)

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Yes, it should be 10.

my point is this:

-Akari

Damn, that's what I was about to post.

uhm, yeah right. i know your lying; laughing and lying! LAUGHING AND LYING, JERRY!!!

I HAD TO GO TO REGGIES...!!!

Different people will like different NPCs. There are always going to be NPCs that you don't have meaningful relationships with the first time around but that simply increases the replay value. As long as all the NPCs are fully developed then I have no problem with there being five, or ten, or twenty of them.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.