Aztec

Slayer's Claw Tier 3 Barb quest - 1000 Raw Dmg not counting carnage?

Question

I have a barb/fighter and just got the Slayer's Claw from the SSS DLC.  The last quest requires me to do 1000 raw damage, which I thought would be easy as I was under the impression that Carnage does raw damage.  I must be mistaken as I have killed 10+ packs of mobs and am still at 0/1000.  I found a sabre (Animancer's Energy Blade) that does raw damage and that does count for the quest.  My fighter is devoted so I would rather not run around with a sabre unless I have too.

Does carnage do raw damage?  If it does, does it just not count for the quest?

Any suggestions on doing raw damage with battleaxes so I don't have to use another wep type.

8 answers to this question

Yes. Carnage does raw dmg. If it doesn't work: that seems to be a bug.

Bleeding Cuts (Battle Axe modal) will cause raw dmg over time and should work.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the heads up on this!  I'll put a report together and have some folks investigate what is causing this.  If you learn anything else about this Carnage issue, feel free to continue posting it here as I will be linking this thread to the report to be used as a reference for the devs.

Thanks Aztec!

I met the same problem... I played a barb/cipher multi-class and the soul annihilation makes plenty raw damage. But the weapon still count 0/1000. Then I change to the watcher's blade which deal 20% damage as raw. Now the count begins. So it seems only the raw damage from weapon itself will count?

Just adding to this. On my Howler (Corpse-Eater + Skald), Soft Winds of Death, which deal Raw damage, do not contribute to Soulbound progress either. After running the Spider seeker trial, slaughtering a ton of tiny spiders with both Carnage and Chant, my weapon is still at 0/1000.

Yeah, it's a bit annoying. I had to switch to the Watcher's Blade for the raw lash. That and the Animancer's Blade are a good workaround

Yeah, resolved it with Animancer's Blade, since I use it on my second weapon set anyway in case my main set can't pen. Still, you essentially have to switch your build to dual-wielding if you want to ever upgrade the weapon, which is far from ideal. Soft Winds of Death would have given me the completion in a single fight (isn't it sad how a tier 1 chant does a better job at doing AoE damage than tier 4 Dragon Thrashed, Dragon Wailed? But I digress).