Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So Nemnok - peaceful solution?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

abaris

abaris

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 553 posts

I read somewhere that only attacking and defeating Nemnok would result in Kali surviving. I never managed to do that, since the minions keep wasting my party.

Zaris

Zaris

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts
Yeah, it’s possible to kill just him and spare Kaali, albeit it’s not an easy task. It’s a bit easier if you have Intimidate 18 since then you can scare Kaali and make him run away. Although in my playthtorugh he stopped just in front of the entrance and suddenly joined the fight after all; don’t know whether that’s a bug or if he’s supposed to behave like that. Either way that made him far enough from Nemnok that I could use AoE.

Verde

Verde

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
It's ez - say you will find the Grimoires, Kali is released, then slaughter the giant Imp.

Edited by Verde, 30 October 2018 - 01:55 PM.

abaris

abaris

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 553 posts

It's ez - say you will find the Grimoires, Kali is released, then slaughter the giant Imp.

Yet you need your player to have a high value of diplomacy to do so. Not many builds have.

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 363 posts

promise to help nemnok will result kali being sent back to the village

can fight nemnok after that

Edited by uuuhhii, 31 October 2018 - 06:41 AM.

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I read somewhere that only attacking and defeating Nemnok would result in Kali surviving. I never managed to do that, since the minions keep wasting my party.

You can turn off your party AI and kill everyone except Kaali. At that point he will no longer be hostile and you can send him back to the village.

Verde

Verde

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

promise to help nemnok will result kali being sent back to the village
can fight nemnok after that

Yeah that's what I said but the murderhobos on this site can only babble like little children in front if Nemnok :p

thelee

thelee

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1142 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, it’s possible to kill just him and spare Kaali, albeit it’s not an easy task. It’s a bit easier if you have Intimidate 18 since then you can scare Kaali and make him run away. Although in my playthtorugh he stopped just in front of the entrance and suddenly joined the fight after all; don’t know whether that’s a bug or if he’s supposed to behave like that. Either way that made him far enough from Nemnok that I could use AoE.

this method is weird, because the game doesn't wait for kali to run all the way away before letting you progressing; he just starts running and the game continues with nemnok's dialogue: if you click through dialogue fast enough, even after you successfully pass the intimidate check, kali might not have left the area, and he may go hostile and join the fight.

when i do this approach, i now wait for kali to go offscreen and wait ~10 more seconds before i continue any dialogue with nemnok.

anyway, NEMNOK NEMNOK NEMNOK

abaris

abaris

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 553 posts

I don't even get the option to offer to help.

I read somewhere that a high watcher diplomacy skill is required. Which mine doesn't have. Streetwise and Isight, but no diplomacy and it seems to be a watcher only check.

wingedchocolatecake

wingedchocolatecake

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

You need to have 8 diplomacy. Just bring along a companion with high diplomacy. It should work just fine.

Edited by wingedchocolatecake, 04 November 2018 - 11:02 AM.

abaris

abaris

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 553 posts

You need to have 8 diplomacy. Just bring along a companion with high diplomacy. It should work just fine.

Pallegina had 12. Still no option after Kaali says he's brought some sacrifices. It seems to be a watcher only check.

wingedchocolatecake

wingedchocolatecake

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

Pallegina had 12. Still no option after Kaali says he's brought some sacrifices. It seems to be a watcher only check.

https://pillarsofete...eadfire_skills

Check the table under usage. You need to have a couple of companions with some points in diplomacy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users