Just for fun if you had to make a tier list for multiclass / single class where would you rate things?

Solo potd and party potd separately. Just curious to what the community thinks are the strongest specs atm!

Also bonus points for anything that comes online pretty early or doesn't require super specific equipment

Early game:

1. Cipher ascendant due to mind blades spam and charm

2. Druid shapeshift

3. Chanter due to summons

Mid game:

1. Cipher ascendant due to dominate and disintegrate/amplified wave spam

2. Fighter once you get unbending

3. Chanter summons

Late game:

1. Cipher ascendant due to OP buffs like brilliant or pen buff and almost whole screen area of effect for amplified wave  so you will be hitting around 10 enemies for total 800dmg per cast. And with time parasite you cast it like 1 per second

2. Evoker with cipher buffs (just spam last tier skills while having brilliant and +8 pen)

3. Pure shatter pillar monk with swift flurry and scordeo/grave calling weapons. Each teleport will deal 4-6 hits avg and paralize enemy. Huge accuracy and dmg bonuses will usually make you oneshot them and once they are dead, you will summon ally. Extra hits from swift flurry and passive will generate wounds enabling you to teleport over and over.

4. Devoted/streetfighter - unkillable and deals the most melee single target dps in the game. He is able to solo most area fights from dlc

Edited by nemesis205bw
  • Like 2

Cannot edit properly, ugh:

nemesis205bw wrote:

"Mid game:

2. Fighter once you get unbending

Late game:

4. Devoted/streetfighter - unkillable and deals the most melee single target dps in the game. He is able to solo most area fights from dlc"

I think you over-estimate the Fighter...

Edited by Lampros

I agree with Lampros. I haven't started playing the game yet but upon testing various builds, nothing can touch the insane amount of damage from a Streetfighter/Helwalker. I haven't played an Evoker to see how well they both compare but I'm pretty confident the Shadowdancer is the uncrowned king of damage.

That being said, I'm not sure he's able to solo since he needs to stay Bloodied during fights.

(In order imho)

Rogue

Wizard

Monk

Middle

Fighter

Paladin

Druid

Cipher

Barb

Low

Priest

Ranger

Don't care for Chanter, haven't played in PoE2, don't plan on it.

Edited by Verde

I agree with Lampros. I haven't started playing the game yet but upon testing various builds, nothing can touch the insane amount of damage from a Streetfighter/Helwalker. I haven't played an Evoker to see how well they both compare but I'm pretty confident the Shadowdancer is the uncrowned king of damage.

That being said, I'm not sure he's able to solo since he needs to stay Bloodied during fights.

Melee damage-wise, I think it's Rogue plus someone - may well be a Monk, but I don't know. I have never tested Rogue/Barbarian. But Rogue single target DPS is ridiculous, and is a necessary half of any melee multi-class if you only care about DPS.

The same goes for ranged too actually. Well, it's melee + ranged once you get Instruments of Pain lol.

But if we're talking about pure ranged weapons, it's just a slight tweak of ability selection too.

Not to mention the Monk provides CC from Raised Torment and Stunning Surge (both of them are sustainable over long fights) on top of the damage dealt.

Yeah, I think a corpse has pretty low DPS.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

People always forget the single classes (besides Wizard).

Those not only get some key abilites a lot earlier but also get some gamebreaking abilites at high levels:

SC Monk can be one of the greater dps classes in the endgame:

hyleon_epowers.gif?dl=1

Barbarian with stacked AR (Platinated Plate + Bronze Juggernaut+ Thick Skin) and Barbaric Retaliation + Bleeding Cuts wrecks everything that hits him in seconds as well:  

serafen_retaliates.gif?dl=1

There is no best class. There's only a good build for a certain purpose. For example I would consider a Rogue/Soulblade with WotEP to be a better dps build than the barb above. However - when getting surrounded the barb surely is the better pick because the cone attack of the WotEP doesn't work very well when surrounded while Barbaric Retaliation is not as effective if you attack from the flanks.

I even did a Geomancer as single target dps guy - and although most people don't think much of a Geomancer in general I can easily solo the Dracolich without any consumalbles with it... 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I even did a Geomancer as single target dps guy - and although most people don't think much of a Geomancer in general I can easily solo the Dracolich without any consumalbles with it...

What? 20 Accuracy for your Combusting Wounds. I don't see how you wouldn't go for that :).

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

What? 20 Accuracy for your Combusting Wounds. I don't see how you wouldn't go for that :).
Well I don't see that many Geomancer builds around. ;)

It's even better if you combine it with The Willbreaker and Body Blows + Accurate Wounding Shot. +40 ACC make it easy to land. Then apply all your fortitude stuff like CW (also profits from Ring of Focused Flame). That means you CW has a "virtual" ACC bonus of +55. Or do a Takedown combo (+100% dmg for your next attack) and follow up with a mean single target spell like Killing Bolt. At the same time have an Essential Phantom that got Concelhaut's Draining Touch from you (which won't get removed after a hit on a Phantom and targets Will instead of Deflection which also gets lowered by Willbreaker). Concelhaut's Draining Touch has very high base damage and also works very well with Takedown Combo - and Miasma of Dull-Mindedness of course. Dropping the Will defense of a Dracolich by half and then having a Phantom pummeling it with corrode crits is kind of fun. While it stands in a Wall of Flames, piling up Combusting Wounds of course. Style points for adding some Minor Missiles. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

That's also very nice. Ball and Chain would also be nice against anything that is restistant/immune to dex afflictions (once Grave Calling is fixed which obviously has its own, seperate form of paralyze which doesn't really get lowered by resistance despite saying so  ;)). Awesome multiclass for a complete boss lockdown by the way. :)

But I need the Morning Star to lower Fortitude for Takedown Combo and Will for the Phantom+Draining Touch. Ich think few people know how robust and great an Essential Phantom can be. ACC is nice (especially with a scaling, one handed weapon like Draining Touch). Also Draining Toch applies weaken on hit (another -10 Fortitude).

Anyways it was just an example how a (multi)class can be very powerful despite its lacking popularity. It's the build that counts, not the classes (at least in Deadfire).

Edited by Boeroer