Salutations devs

Atreides

Nice to meet you all. I'm a new face on these boards. I was from Black Isle (but I was only there for a short spell - I worked on Van Buren). Been a bit too busy working on secret stuff to post. But I'll try and poke my head out every now and again. :(

-Ferret

Designer on Project X

Nice to meet you all. I'm a new face on these boards. I was from Black Isle (but I was only there for a short spell - I worked on Van Buren). Been a bit too busy working on secret stuff to post. But I'll try and poke my head out every now and again. :p

-Ferret

Designer on Project X

Reveal your secrets immediately or we will be forced to kidnap you and subject you to "interrogation"

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!

prostytutka

Reveal your secrets immediately or we will be forced to kidnap you and subject you to "interrogation"

Sounds like a pretty normal day at the office. I'm quite resistant to normal interrogation techniques now. ;)

-Ferret

Designer on Project X

P.S. Favorite RPG is a toss up between Ultima IV and Planescape: Torment. Non-RPG is much harder to pin down.

Take a look at the Developers group under Members. 16 employees mentioned there although I think not all are listed (as supposedly there are more than 20 employees). Nice list and lots of ex Black Isle names that I recognize.

Ultima 4 was probably the first CRPG I played back in the early to mid 1980s on a Commodore 64. I spent months playing that game so good inspiration. And regarding Planescape Torment, I'd like another game like that.

Feargus stated a while ago that 17 out of the 20 at Obsidian were ex-BIS. This info will be slightly outdated, but nevertheless helpful.

P.S. Favorite RPG is a toss up between Ultima IV and Planescape: Torment. Non-RPG is much harder to pin down.

Imagine if it had said "P.S. Favorite RPG is a toss up between Dungeon Siege and Diablo. Non-RPG is much harder to pin down." instead of the two great games he mentioned now.

I honestly think I would have left these boards forever, just like that. *snaps fingers*

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hee hee... So I take it my choices of favorites didn't offend people. It's funny how many times I've talked about my favorite games with peoples. I think Ultima IV is almost the gimme answer for many RPGers (when it came out it was like a breath of fresh air for RPGs). PST has to have one of the best stories ever, and I know friends that got into the sit-down Planescape genre because of that game.

And Atreides, I'm afraid Force Persuade only works on the weak-minded. So *RESIST*. :unsure:

-Ferret

Designer on Project X