Yes, I am reading every Steam guide and the stuff in Fextralife site as well.

Which of the Berath's Blessings would you say are the best? I am trying to see how many Achievement points I should try to obtain before I start playing for "real" ;)

This is just my personal opinion:

• 3 points - +5000 Starting Money: Begin the game with 5200 copper, remember you always have 200 copper at the start, if both money perks are taken you can start with 55,200 copper. I'd definitely get this if I wanted to have a custom party, since it'd allow you to get it asap. And that is the idea of this thread, right? (sorry if we are going off-topic :sweat:)
  • 3 points - Bonus Skills: Gain +2 to all skills from your Class such as Mechanics or Arcana, it also applies to all characters that join your party.  Bear in mind, it is class only, background skills get no bonus.  I say +2 specifically, because multiclass characters can potentially have only 1 point in a Class skill, which if doubled like the toop tip says implies you get 1 bonus point, but you will get 2.  Obsidian has not said if it was meant to be Watcher only but I assume this is by design, since the Stats perk specifically says Player Only. Good for passing skills checks, specially if you are playing solo.
  • 4 points - Experienced Ship Captain: Start as an Expert rank Captain.  Captain rank determines turn order in ship to ship combat, but has no other impact. Good if you don't like ship battles and want to be better at it to end them quickly. However, in that case you should just skip to boarding or use a mod.
  • 5 points - Fine Equipment: The wardrobe at the beginning of the game will contain a set of Fine armors (Brigandine, Robes, Leather, and Breastplate), and a set of Fine weapons based on your proficiency/class choices. I don't think it'll make that much difference, unless you want to sell and make even more money.
  • 5 points - Unique Item Vendor: A unique Vendor appears in Port Maje, see below for an item and cost list. TAKE THIS. It's nothing extraordinary, so why not have more options?
  • 8 points - Upgraded Ship Sails: Begin the game with two Ship upgrades, Stormwind Sails which give +15% combat speed and +15% travel speed, and Improved Warship Reinforcements which give +15 hull health.  Both items work like any other ship upgrade and can be removed from the starter ship, additionally they can be purchased from in game vendors. Another one to make ship battles easier or maybe simply being fast and avoiding them?
  • 12 points - Start at Level 4: Begin the game at level 4 instead of level 1. I'll never take this because I like to level up each time. It might be interesting if for some reason you want to play PotD but don't want to suffer in the early game. I'm not sure what would be the point though.
  • 12 points - Explored World Map: Begin the game with the World Map fully exposed with no "fog". If you play the game multiple times, you'd know where everything is, so why not clear the map straight way? Otherwise, I think it's useless. It could confuse you too, because you wouldn't know where you already explored.
  • 15 points - +50,000 Starting Money: Begin the game with 50,200 copper, remember you always have 200 copper at the start, if both money perks are taken you can start with 55,200 copper. Overpowered if you use it to buy equipment or upgrade something. But who knows, maybe you want buy a better ship soon. Some people finished the game with the starting ship, so it's not game breaking.
  • 15 points - Bonus Attributes (Player Only): Begin the game with a +2 bonus to all stats, these bonus points cannot be seen or modified in character creation, and as stated only apply to the Watcher. This is overpowered too, but it might be interesting depending on how you play. For example: if you are playing solo, this would still make the game more difficult than playing with a full party.

I don't recommend the last two for your first pt.

So, I would take the skill bonus and the new vendor. The rest depends on how you feel about ship combat. However, if it is your first time, I suggest getting to know the game in its "normal" setting.

As for builds, check this thread and the builds thread. Try to find something close to what you had and see what is different. I'm still on my first pt, so I'm not the best one to advise you on that.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Yes, I am reading every Steam guide and the stuff in Fextralife site as well.

Which of the Berath's Blessings would you say are the best? I am trying to see how many Achievement points I should try to obtain before I start playing for "real" ;)

This is just my personal opinion:

• 3 points - +5000 Starting Money: Begin the game with 5200 copper, remember you always have 200 copper at the start, if both money perks are taken you can start with 55,200 copper. I'd definitely get this if I wanted to have a custom party, since it'd allow you to get it asap. And that is the idea of this thread, right? (sorry if we are going off-topic :sweat:)
  • 3 points - Bonus Skills: Gain +2 to all skills from your Class such as Mechanics or Arcana, it also applies to all characters that join your party.  Bear in mind, it is class only, background skills get no bonus.  I say +2 specifically, because multiclass characters can potentially have only 1 point in a Class skill, which if doubled like the toop tip says implies you get 1 bonus point, but you will get 2.  Obsidian has not said if it was meant to be Watcher only but I assume this is by design, since the Stats perk specifically says Player Only. Good for passing skills checks, specially if you are playing solo.
  • 4 points - Experienced Ship Captain: Start as an Expert rank Captain.  Captain rank determines turn order in ship to ship combat, but has no other impact. Good if you don't like ship battles and want to be better at it to end them quickly. However, in that case you should just skip to boarding or use a mod.
  • 5 points - Fine Equipment: The wardrobe at the beginning of the game will contain a set of Fine armors (Brigandine, Robes, Leather, and Breastplate), and a set of Fine weapons based on your proficiency/class choices. I don't think it'll make that much difference, unless you want to sell and make even more money.
  • 5 points - Unique Item Vendor: A unique Vendor appears in Port Maje, see below for an item and cost list. TAKE THIS. It's nothing extraordinary, so why not have more options?
  • 8 points - Upgraded Ship Sails: Begin the game with two Ship upgrades, Stormwind Sails which give +15% combat speed and +15% travel speed, and Improved Warship Reinforcements which give +15 hull health.  Both items work like any other ship upgrade and can be removed from the starter ship, additionally they can be purchased from in game vendors. Another one to make ship battles easier or maybe simply being fast and avoiding them?
  • 12 points - Start at Level 4: Begin the game at level 4 instead of level 1. I'll never take this because I like to level up each time. It might be interesting if for some reason you want to play PotD but don't want to suffer in the early game. I'm not sure what would be the point though.
  • 12 points - Explored World Map: Begin the game with the World Map fully exposed with no "fog". If you play the game multiple times, you'd know where everything is, so why not clear the map straight way? Otherwise, I think it's useless. It could confuse you too, because you wouldn't know where you already explored.
  • 15 points - +50,000 Starting Money: Begin the game with 50,200 copper, remember you always have 200 copper at the start, if both money perks are taken you can start with 55,200 copper. Overpowered if you use it to buy equipment or upgrade something. But who knows, maybe you want buy a better ship soon. Some people finished the game with the starting ship, so it's not game breaking.
  • 15 points - Bonus Attributes (Player Only): Begin the game with a +2 bonus to all stats, these bonus points cannot be seen or modified in character creation, and as stated only apply to the Watcher. This is overpowered too, but it might be interesting depending on how you play. For example: if you are playing solo, this would still make the game more difficult than playing with a full party.

I don't recommend the last two for your first pt.

So, I would take the skill bonus and the new vendor. The rest depends on how you feel about ship combat. However, if it is your first time, I suggest getting to know the game in its "normal" setting.

As for builds, check this thread and the builds thread. Try to find something close to what you had and see what is different. I'm still on my first pt, so I'm not the best one to advise you on that.

Once again, thanks so much for the advice. And yes, I am looking at all those builds as well.

I promise I will actually start playing - this weekend! ;)

• Like 1

So all challenges active, I also tweaked a game file to install hardcore deadly deadfire for more chaos and fun

This party is fun for me:

Tank Slot - Pure generalist Wizard (Wiz tank best tank)

Healer slot - Herald Troboudor/Shieldbearer

DPS 1 - Woedica Contemplative

DPS 2 - Berserker/Ascendant Witch

DPS 3 - Streetfighter Shadowdancer

Trying a spellcaster heavy party - everything is burning :)

in this video it looks easier than it actually is - early mid game when you don't have optimal gear it is really rough in some spots with no pause/perna death challenge and deadly deadfire hardcore 

• Like 1

So all challenges active, I also tweaked a game file to install hardcore deadly deadfire for more chaos and fun

I have started  game with same setup - Hardcore DD + God Challenges (Without Magran's) (After your topic about Challenges + Modules), but with 2 guys in party Ascendant and Streetfighter/Skaen ;) Now this is my favorite combination, brilliant inspiration + salvation of time + BDD and late game +8 pen solve all possible problems at once

Especially +8 pen, this is the best single class cipher ability in the game, which allow your melee guys enjoy any kind of weapon without pen limitations ;)

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I have started  game with same setup - Hardcore DD + God Challenges (Without Magran's) (After your topic about Challenges + Modules), but with 2 guys in party Ascendant and Streetfighter/Skaen ;) Now this is my favorite combination, brilliant inspiration + salvation of time + BDD and late game +8 pen solve all possible problems at once

Isn't this all-melee though? I am not sure how it can work. But then I am looking at the game from a PoE 1 perspective, and there even 3 melees cause problems because so much of the fighting was done through constricted spaces.

Isn't this all-melee though? I am not sure how it can work. But then I am looking at the game from a PoE 1 perspective, and there even 3 melees cause problems because so much of the fighting was done through constricted spaces.

Priest has cool AOE spells such as Storm of Holy Fire, Pillar of Holy Fire, Searing Seal ... and Ascendant also can spam AOE 's the funny part start after L16 when your Zealot (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103215-class-build-the-undying-zealot/) get Salvation of Time, while your Zealot immune to interruption, all 6 afflictions and pull/push nothing can stop it

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Alternative setup is The Shieldbearers of St.Elcga / Ascendant + Wizard / Skaen - this combination is also very fun, but only L16+, because Paladin's Hands of Light stop interruptions and prevent your Thaumaturge from Death at once for +30s after Salvation of Time cast 

Edited by mant2si

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the obsidian board builders list for details on some of these builds

Tanks:

Grade A

Swashbuckler engagement lockdown build 

Holy Slayer Trickster/Paladins - high defenses, high party support, some enemy debuffs

Arcane Knights - like holy slayer but has more enemy debuffs / damage but less direct party buffing

Grade B

Cantor\ cc/utility + damage tank

Votary - same

Heralds - Defenses grade A but Offence is worth

Healers:

Grade A

Theurge

Grade B:

Liberator

Herald

Offtanks:

Grade A:

Contemplative

Sage

Warlock (melee)

Grade B:

Shaman

Swashbuckler (Streetfighter variety)

Brute

Mindblade (Chillfog streetfighter)

Witch (melee)

Mindstalker (soulblade/streetfighter)

probably a few others

like Liberator and Inquisitor as well as chanter/strong damage class multies like cantor

Damage Dealers

Grade A:

Wizard (at high levels) and Evoker

but before getting to late levels Wizards are no better than the DDs in category B- (the rest)

Grade B:

Contemplative

some pretty strong synergies 

Grade B-:

Transcendent 

Witch (ranged/ class canon)

Sage

Scout Blunderbuss

Shadowdancer Blunderbuss

Ravager

Marauder (single target burst)

Warlock

Pure ascendant

Pure Monk

There are a few more probably even pure Ranger is very serviceable with the right weapons like Frostseeker. 

A really good list!

Yeah and mortars synergize really well with the crazy Streetfighter bonuses, which are triggered by BB modal.

But bows also work.

How does Frostseeker compare with dual hand mortars in terms of AoE damage or CC potential if used by a Rogue multi-class character?

Frostseeker is rather good for characters who have high crit chance (mostly ranger, berserker and fighter). For a rogue, the aoe would have a lower trigger chance. Though a rogue multiclass with one of the above would be fine, I guess.

But I still prefer the dual busses on a rogue - afflictions and DoTs with double chance (or more with bounce) and in aoe!

Frostseeker aoe doesn't carry those effects (as it's a separate attack).

• Like 1