Jump to content

Recommended Posts


╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ BUILD: Servant-of-Death ║
╠═══════════════╦═════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ GAME VERSION ║ 2.1 ║
║ DIFFICULTY ║ PoTD up-scaled / Solo / Deadly Deadfire ║
║ RACE ║ Death Godlike ║
║ CLASS ║ Helwalker Monk / Priest-of-Berath ║
║ ALIGNMENT ║ Neutral ║
║ CULTURE ║ Deadfire Archipelago ║
║ BACKGROUND ║ Hunter ║
║ GOD ║ Berath ║
╚═══════════════╩═════════════════════════════════════════╝


╔════════════════════╗ ╔═════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS ║ ║ BONUSES ║
╠═══════════╦════════╣ ╠═════════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ ATTRIBUTE ║ SCORE ║ ║ PERMANENT ║
╠═══════════╬════════╣ ╠═════════════════════╦═══════════════════════╣
║ MIGHT ║ 7 ║ ║ Berath Blessing ║ Skills ║
║ CON ║ 7 ║ ║ Berath Blessing ║ Abilities ║
║ DEX ║ 17 ║ ║ Effigy`s Resentment ║ Devil-of-Caroc ║
║ INT ║ 17 ║ ║ Training ║ Mechanic ║
║ PERC ║ 17 ║ ║ Training ║ Alchemy ║
║ RESOLVE ║ 13 ║ ║ Training ║ Arcana ║
╠═══════════╬════════╣ ╠═════════════════════╩═══════════════════════╣
║ SKILL ║ SCORE ║ ║ PER-REST ║
╠═══════════╬════════╣ ╠═════════════════════╦═══════════════════════╣
║ Arcana ║ 11 ║ ║ Alchemy ║ Lumionus Adra Potion ║
║ Alchemy ║ 9 ║ ║ Food ║ Captain`s Banquet ║
╠═══════════╬════════╣ ║ Brothel ║ Irwena ║
║ SKILL ║ SCORE ║ ║ Neketaka ║ Adratic Glow ║
╠═══════════╬════════╣ ║ Outcasts Respite ║ Alchemic Guile ║
║ History ║ 13 ║ ║ Tikawara ║ Nature`s Resolve ║
║ Diplomacy ║ 7 ║ ║ Global ║ Wardstones ║
╚═══════════╩════════╝ ╠═════════════════════╩═══════════════════════╣
║ TEMPORARY ║
╠═════════════════════╦═══════════════════════╣
║ Drug ║ Whiteleaf ║
║ Poition 1 ║ Potion-of-Ascension ║
║ Poition 2 ║ Potion-of-Perfect Aim ║
║ Poition 3 ║ Potion-of-Impediment ║
╚═════════════════════╩═══════════════════════╝


╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ ABILITIES ║
╠═══════╦════════════════════════════╦═════════════════════════╣
║ LEVEL ║ MONK ║ PRIEST ║
╠═══════╬════════════════════════════╬═════════════════════════╣
║ 1 ║ Swift Strikes ║ Restore ║
║ 2 ║ Lesser Wounds ║ - ║
║ 3 ║ Arms Bearer ║ - ║
║ 4 ║ Dance-of-Death ║ Withdraw ║
║ 5 ║ Two Weapon Style ║ - ║
║ 6 ║ Clarity-of-Agony ║ - ║
║ 7 ║ Blade Turning ║ Weapon-and-Shield Style ║
║ 8 ║ Lightning Strikes ║ - ║
║ 9 ║ Torment`s Reach ║ - ║
║ 10 ║ Thunderous Blows ║ Shining Beacon ║
║ 11 ║ - ║ Scion-of-Flame ║
║ 12 ║ Duality-of-Mortal Presence ║ - ║
║ 13 ║ Enduring Dance ║ Barring Death`s Door ║
║ 14 ║ - ║ Spirit-of-Decay ║
║ 15 ║ Rooting Pain ║ - ║
║ 16 ║ Turning Wheel ║ Salvation-of-Time ║
║ 17 ║ Flagellant`s Path ║ - ║
║ 18 ║ - ║ Heart-of-the Storm ║
║ 19 ║ The Dichotomous Soul ║ Storm-of-Holy Fire ║
║ 20 ║ Skyward Kick ║ - ║
╚═══════╩════════════════════════════╩═════════════════════════╝


╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ DEFENSIVE EQUIPMENT ║
╠══════════╦════════════════════════════════╦══════════════════════════════════╣
║ SLOT ║ ITEM ║ ALTERNATIVES ║
╠══════════╬════════════════════════════════╬══════════════════════════════════╣
║ HEAD ║ - ║ - ║
║ NECK ║ Strand-of-Favor ║ Elewys` Locket / Charm-of-Bones ║
║ CAPE ║ The Giftbearer`s Cloth ║ - ║
║ BODY ║ Effigy`s Husk(Might Immunity) ║ - ║
║ HAND ║ Rekvu`s Stained Grasps ║ Hylea`s Talons ║
║ WAIST ║ Upright Captain`s Belt ║ - ║
║ RING ║ Ring-of-Focused Flame ║ Kuaru`s Prize ║
║ RING ║ Ring-of-Prosperity`s Fortune ║ - ║
║ FEET ║ Sandals-of-the Water Lily ║ - ║
║ PET ║ Otto Starcat ║ Grog / Bear Cub ║
║ WEAPON ║ Fist / Fist ║ Fist / Tuotilo`s Palm ║
║ WEAPON ║ Sun-and-Moon / Marux Amanth ║ Sun-and-Moon / Magistrate`s Cudge║
║ WEAPON ║ Frostfall / Acolyte`s Frosbite ║ Shattered Vengeance / Frostfall ║
╚══════════╩════════════════════════════════╩══════════════════════════════════╝


╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ OFFENSIVE EQUIPMENT ║
╠══════════╦════════════════════════════════════════╦══════════════════════════════════╣
║ SLOT ║ ITEM ║ ALTERNATIVES ║
╠══════════╬════════════════════════════════════════╬══════════════════════════════════╣
║ HEAD ║ - ║ - ║
║ NECK ║ Claim-and-Refusal ║ - ║
║ CAPE ║ Violet Redemption ║ Nemnok`s Cloak ║
║ BODY ║ High Harbinger`s Robes ║ - ║
║ HAND ║ Hylea`s Talons ║ - ║
║ WAIST ║ Gwyn`s Bridal Garter ║ - ║
║ RING ║ Ring-of-Focused Flame ║ Kuaru`s Prize ║
║ RING ║ Ring-of-Prosperity`s Fortune ║ - ║
║ FEET ║ Boots-of-the Stone ║ - ║
║ PET ║ Otto Starcat ║ Animancy Cat / Obsidian Wurm ║
║ WEAPON ║ Fist / Fist ║ Fist / Tuotilo`s Palm ║
║ WEAPON ║ Sun-and-Moon / Marux Amanth ║ Sun-and-Moon / Magistrate`s Cudge║
║ WEAPON ║ Frostfall / Acolyte`s Frosbite ║ Shattered Vengeance / Frostfall ║
╚══════════╩════════════════════════════════════════╩══════════════════════════════════╝

 

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 4

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This build is next generation of my Harbinger of Doom build. In 2.1 obsidian fixed Lion's Sprint and Berserker lost more than 25% of it DPS, because of that I changed subclass to monk. Priest of Berath selected for role-play reason, same as 13 resolve

Defensive setup has immunity to all 6 affliction types, to Pull/Push effects, Disengagement attacks and 3 concentrations with constant concentration regeneration

Offensive setup has 2 additional DoT's from Hylea's Talons and one from High Harbinger's Robes, 17% additional attack speed, resistance to all body afflictions and immunity to all mind afflictions and +15% to all damage & +20% damage to melee attacks

 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just note I think you were going for a defensive "solo" setup.

 

In the build I tested I took:

-suppress affliction instead of arms bearer

-skipped clarity of agony

-took long stride instead of weapon+shield but yeah in solo weapon+shield is no-brainer 

-skipped clarity of agony and took raised torment upgrade as well as stunning surge

-took heartbeat drumming instead of dichotomous soul - but yeah the twins are probably more useful now although heartbeat adds more raw dps which is not everything, skyward kick is too good to pass up anyways so it is a choice between dichotomous soul and hearbeat

-took dire blessing instead of shining beacon but other priest spells were similar - I mainly used storm of holy fire and pillar of holy fire to nuke

-only took scion of flame but instead of other element talents took rapid casting and I think uncanny luck+improved critical. 

 

Edit: and marax amanth us great but is Magran's Favor a better stat stick than Sun+Moon or is it the other way around?

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just note I think you were going for a defensive "solo" setup.

 

In the build I tested I took:

-suppress affliction instead of arms bearer

-skipped clarity of agony

-took long stride instead of weapon+shield but yeah in solo weapon+shield is no-brainer 

-skipped clarity of agony and took raised torment upgrade as well as stunning surge

-took heartbeat drumming instead of dichotomous soul - but yeah the twins are probably more useful now although heartbeat adds more raw dps which is not everything, skyward kick is too good to pass up anyways so it is a choice between dichotomous soul and hearbeat

-took dire blessing instead of shining beacon but other priest spells were similar - I mainly used storm of holy fire and pillar of holy fire to nuke

-only took scion of flame but instead of other element talents took rapid casting and I think uncanny luck+improved critical. 

At first I played no-rest run only until L20, that why I sometimes use items abilities

 

> - suppress affliction instead of arms bearer

 

You need exactly 4 weapons to kill bosses, you need Marux Amanth  to end fight when boss become in near death state, Sun & Moon + Magistrate's Cudgel to increase Reflex target spells accuracy by 35 and lower boss armor by 1 and sometimes Veilpiercer to dispel annoying buffs and bare fists to do some melee damage 

 

> -skipped clarity of agony

 

There exist very annoying debuffs, I picked this ability to kill Ukaizo, sometime it cast Fire Dot for 40S and go-to third transition. I'm sure mega bosses debufs will be  even more annoying

 

> -took long stride instead of weapon+shield but yeah in solo weapon+shield is no-brainer 

 

Yeah, this ability needed only for low level fights

 

> -took heartbeat drumming instead of dichotomous soul - but yeah the twins are probably more useful now although heartbeat adds more raw dps which is not everything, skyward kick is too good to pass up anyways so it is a choice between dichotomous soul and hearbeat

 

Nope, your boss crit chance is very low. And -1 armor from flankied status is better. I aslo killed  2 - 3 time my clones during stom of Holy Fire, which can cause  ~ 300 raw damage

 

> -took dire blessing instead of shining beacon but other priest spells were similar - I mainly used storm of holy fire and pillar of holy fire to nuke

 

I don't always cast storm of holy fire, but shining beacon is lower enemies defenses for long period of time, i.e it's work on fire immune enemies and help land Touch of Rot

 

> -only took scion of flame but instead of other element talents took rapid casting and I think uncanny luck+improved critical. 

 

I cast Arcane Scroll's to speed up fights, and +1 - +2 pen is much better than 0.5% crit chance and 10% damage

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I will change this build to Troubadour/Priest of Berath  (Human), I found that loosing ~25% of DPS is good exchange for more stable and diverse gameplay:
  * At first I want to point that with new items and spell buffs even Chanter can stack ~40 - 50% recovery/cast speed (This is important, I don't want to play slow-mo guy)
  * Currently Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints the funnier thing in the game, this s*** has so many synergies with other abilities
  * Their Companion Braved the Horde Alone + Thick grew their tongues, stumbling o'er words could convert your mage to good AOE interrupter
  * You can control summons, and use them to set Flank status without your body
  * Set to Their Purpose, They All Knew Their Part - Not only give you +5 for 3 attributes but also enable +10% to Action Speed 
  * The Shield Cracks - The GODLY debuff that should be only L9 but ... currently stay on L3 

I think this is good reasons to change my build, but not only that, Chanter because of his chants can change their role in party dynamically, depend on situation - which is also very good

I also decided to change race to Human . Why ? Because Chanter's The Shield Cracks completely solve penetration problems for me and I don't need to stack such higt PL + plus Human accuracy bonus works much better with Scrolls than +3 PL. 

The second reason is helms, Immortal Will and mask with Auto Terrified debuff can change ship combat hell to cakewalk

Yeah I prepare this build for next Mega Boss and assume that we will use scrolls of Malestorm alot 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be perfectly honest, I think you're over-complicating your life from what I can see. I don't mean to say that it's not working. I am saying it's doing one circle extra than what it could. If that's how you like it, then, by all means, please excuse me! I also love role-playing, as well, and it seems that you have an individual plan for most every encounter. 

 

Why not full Arcana + full history with bananas defences and just go ham on scrolls? You only need potion of ascension and potion of perfect aim. Perfect aim lasts for 45 seconds without investment into alchemy and half of that is enough to kill BoW dragon boss with 3 maelstroms and 3 meteor showers... provided you eat crusted swordfish and carry sun and moon with proficiency into the fight. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be perfectly honest, I think you're over-complicating your life from what I can see. I don't mean to say that it's not working. I am saying it's doing one circle extra than what it could. If that's how you like it, then, by all means, please excuse me! I also love role-playing, as well, and it seems that you have an individual plan for most every encounter. 

 

Why not full Arcana + full history with bananas defences and just go ham on scrolls? You only need potion of ascension and potion of perfect aim. Perfect aim lasts for 45 seconds without investment into alchemy and half of that is enough to kill BoW dragon boss with 3 maelstroms and 3 meteor showers... provided you eat crusted swordfish and carry sun and moon with proficiency into the fight. 

This is build for solo 

 

Well if you could play solo and beat him with 3 maelstrom and 3 meteor shower this is very cool ;D On PotD up-scaled L20 BoW Dragon has 5500 HP + HP regeneration, that mean each scroll need to do 900DM.

 

How you achieve solo 900DM per scroll ? You can post video with this. Yest Paladin guys has exactly 21 armor to stop dragon hit and can stay for unlimted period of time you can cast 20 scrolls, but I don't like Paladins because they look like class who specially created by Obs for Solo what the challenge to play with class that need no-brain ?

 

Even if you cast a lot of scrolls you need overpen 15 Fire Armor ... 20 arcana will give you for both scroll 10 PEN + 2 from Sword Fish = 12 ? 

 

I know that you wrote about critical hits, but Dragons has 50% Hit -> Crit, this mean even if you has 50% crit chance, only each 4th hit will do crit

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

+1 just for the formatting

 

What did you use to create the ASCII interface?

I put all info in Google Spreadsheets, then import is as CSV and then use online tool https://ozh.github.io/ascii-tables/, but you can compile you own version, then I has small script in JS to join documents vertical and horizontal ;D

 

Then in post editor use mono-space font

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's what I get on my solo build. 

 

Well, in all honesty I use meteor showers because I like them. Going full ham on maelstroms is better. 6 scrolls take about 3/4 of the dragons health. In between those casts you will have to use your class' abilities, as we all should. Going toe to toe with her is not a biggie, because she is rather slow.   

 

oexVlVL.png

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's what I get on my solo build. 

 

Well, in all honesty I use meteor showers because I like them. Going full ham on maelstroms is better. 6 scrolls take about 3/4 of the dragons health. In between those casts you will have to use your class' abilities, as we all should. Going toe to toe with her is not a biggie, because she is rather slow.   

 

Well  you can post your entire build (class and attributes). Your defenses look like you play Paladin/Wizards, maybe I miss something... Otherwise if this is a Wizard then there  is no point discuss about Maelstrom while CW has unlimited damage and after 6 Scroll of Maelstrom you will do much more damage with single CW tick

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you miss some points here, dude.

 

It doesn't matter what the classes are if you can get that much penetration on maelstroms. And you can actually go higher, because that which I show there is not even the optimum you can go for. You can even debuff her armour--something which I didn't do.

 

I don't even know what CW is, so if you want to let that as a tip, I'd appreciate it. But it is what it is. 6 buffed scrolls plus some abilities that don't break the game(assuming that's what you mean by... CW, that is)--dragon is dead. And the defences are not that big of an issue because she takes her sweet time casting spells. Any half decent solo build will go over 130 defences and that is enough. If you can go higher, so much the better. 

 

Even if you do want to account for some differences in classes then you'll use 8 scrolls. Still not a biggie. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you miss some points here, dude.

 

It doesn't matter what the classes are if you can get that much penetration on maelstroms. And you can actually go higher, because that which I show there is not even the optimum you can go for. You can even debuff her armour--something which I didn't do.

 

I don't even know what CW is, so if you want to let that as a tip, I'd appreciate it. But it is what it is. 6 buffed scrolls plus some abilities that don't break the game(assuming that's what you mean by... CW, that is)--dragon is dead. And the defences are not that big of an issue because she takes her sweet time casting spells. Any half decent solo build will go over 130 defences and that is enough. If you can go higher, so much the better. 

 

Even if you do want to account for some differences in classes then you'll use 8 scrolls. Still not a biggie. 

> I don't even know what CW

 

CW = Combusting Wounds 

 

I think you misunderstand game mechanic, CW is one of the game breakable spell (it's no matter if you understand how it works or not ) if you can hit with it, and your enemy is not immune to fire you will win

 

> It doesn't matter what the classes are if you can get that much penetration on maelstroms. 

 

You have 1 more penetration from Wizard passive talent, 

 

> Any half decent solo build will go over 130 defenses and that is enough. If you can go higher, so much the better 

 

That not true, only few classes can have such high defenses, that why I asked you about your build, each class has their cons and pros ... but some of them is stronger than others, you can check build page, there non exists Barbarian solo builds for TSC, but exist a lot of builds for Wizard and Paladins

 

> Even if you do want to account for some differences in classes then you'll use 8 scrolls. Still not a biggie. 

 

And that also not true, you can do that only if you have enough accuracy bonuses and penetration, and reflexes

 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ops, sorry 'bout that. It sure does get triggered. Thing is... I didn't use it ;D... if we're still talking about that BoW dragon here(Nery...whatever her name was.) 

So I think we can end our discussion ? If you want to show how you kill dragon, then you can create another post with your build, if your point of view that every class can use Arcana and kill any boss / win battle you can also start another topic and show us that, even more there exist special topic with BoW dragon where everyone share their experience

 

I created this build because I don't like defenses stacking (this include Paladin/Fighter classes) non CW tick stacking from (Wizard), if you know fun build without defenses stacking that will be viable for soloing game you can share it with me in this post https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105591-help-looking-for-fun-solo-build-for-next-dlc-and-mega-boss/

 

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The formatting is a complete mess when u look at it through a phone

You right, next time I will update post with 2 versions of this build, and tables will be under spoiler tag, I think this will be also better  for forum SEO

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Ops, sorry 'bout that. It sure does get triggered. Thing is... I didn't use it ;D... if we're still talking about that BoW dragon here(Nery...whatever her name was.) 

So I think we can end our discussion ? If you want to show how you kill dragon, then you can create another post with your build, if your point of view that every class can use Arcana and kill any boss / win battle you can also start another topic and show us that, even more there exist special topic with BoW dragon where everyone share their experience

 

I created this build because I don't like defenses stacking (this include Paladin/Fighter classes) non CW tick stacking from (Wizard), if you know fun build without defenses stacking that will be viable for soloing game you can share it with me in this post https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105591-help-looking-for-fun-solo-build-for-next-dlc-and-mega-boss/

 

 

 

Whoa, dude. Please, if you thought I was being imposing, I am sorry!

 

I showed you a non-optimal scroll state because I think going full Arcana is better than going some into Alchemy. Another reason here being that perfect aims wouldn't benefit because you do what you need to do within the time period of the potion--that's in essence what I argue for, if I ever made an argument... as much as I like to think otherwise. Drugs will be meaningless in the big fights for you, because they won't stack with your buffs and you use the skill buffing ointments before the fight. Ascensions last for the whole fight, anyways. That leaves me to believe that alchemy is largely useless for you... even if you want to have fun. And yes... actually... any class can do it, even better than what I showed you in the pic.

 

Don't wanna do any of it?

 

By all means! 

 

And no... didn't use cw when I was doing the dragon, too, though that was an example of what you can do with scrolls. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ ^ ^ 

Okay ... as you want 

- - - - - 

 

Hey guys I chnanged code formatting what do you think ? :D I still need to switch to another table format but even now article readable on phone version

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...