Funny fact about Sacred Immolation + Clarity of Agony/Lone Wolf

Is it also reduced by Resolve ?

It would give a good reason to play a high charisma resolve paladin.

Yeah it is. My concern is SI relies on too many different stats, u need high Might because SI’s base damage is low, 25-30; u need high INT for duration and AOE range, a bit con for soaking damage, a bit Dex because SI has 4.5 sec recovery, and now we need high Resolve....

Holy Slayer should be able to minimize Might.

Yeah it is. My concern is SI relies on too many different stats, u need high Might because SI’s base damage is low, 25-30; u need high INT for duration and AOE range, a bit con for soaking damage, a bit Dex because SI has 4.5 sec recovery, and now we need high Resolve....

Sneak attack or deathblow doesn't affect SI, unless u want to have some very soft AOE damage :)

Sneak attack or deathblow doesn't affect SI, unless u want to have some very soft AOE damage :)

Darn. Man, obsidian went out of their way to make Paladin unfun past PL5.

• Like 1

Darn. Man, obsidian went out of their way to make Paladin unfun past PL5.

At least u can mult class it to make it at least half fun ;) Pure paladin is boring yeah i agree.

Not if you put him into a party with a Beckoner. Or what I did recently: put him into a party with a Beckoner/Wizard with Shroud of Phantasm. ;)

Divine Retribution is fun. You can cast Inspiring Beacon and Shared Flames for your party all day long... I mean you don't need that in the lateish game - but it's fun nonetheless.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not if you put him into a party with a Beckoner. Or what I did recently: put him into a party with a Beckoner/Wizard with Shroud of Phantasm. ;)

Divine Retribution is fun. You can cast Inspiring Beacon and Shared Flames for your party all day long... I mean you don't need that in the lateish game - but it's fun nonetheless.

Divine Retribution + Summons is like a variation of Brilliant isn't it, it turns a limit resource class into a limitless one...

It's not as good as in PoE, that's for sure. :)

They lowered the self inflicted raw damage a bit with the latest patch. You can lower it further with items, abilities and Resolve (even cancel it out completely).

I found that Sacred Immolation functions like weapon abilities, so PL will increase it's base damage, not a flat damage bonus like spells.

With Magran Favor + Sun&Moon + Fire PL pet I'm able to do 100+ fire damage per pulse as a Kind wayfarer/Helwalker ops :)

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

The only thing is that you usually don't have additive dmg mods for spells besides MIG and crit (and maybe Overpenetration). So the multiplicative dmg bonus of PL on spells is not that obvious as with enchanted weapons and abilities like Sneak Attack where you can stack dmg mods which then get multiplied with the higher base.

If base damage gets raised but you have no additional dmg bonuses there's no difference between additive or multiplicative. So Missile Salvo or Meteor Shower or whatever spell would do the same damage with a multiplicative or an additive dmg boost from PL (with 10 MIG and no crit).

Edited by Boeroer