Hey guys! So... I've got a quick question for all of you. For my pro-Principi Watcher, I'm trying to capture a certain theme. In order to best demonstrate the 'mood' that I'm going for, I present the following clip. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBd05c0STo

This is by far the best thing to ever happen to Game of Thrones in the otherwise crappy last few seasons. 

Edit: I definitely want to play a character capable of 'leading the charge,' ergo high Deflection/Defenses with good armor. At the same time, I'd like someone with something of a more active playstyle - a frontline character that can take a beating but who doesn't feel passive. Of course, buffs and potions are both things that exist. 

So, a howling mad barbarian pirate with crazy eyes who rides the boarding ramp into battle (somehow defying all known laws of gravity) to leave the enemy's deck a bloody swath. 

So far, I've come up with a couple of different ideas for how to portray this kind of character. 

1. Fighter/Rogue (Swashbuckler) - Unbroken and either Trickster or Streetfighter: Devoted might be better DPS-wise, but I like being able to use multiple different weapons. Basically, the quintessential engagement tank. Uses Trickster for high Deflection/Ripostes or Streetfighter for super high damage while surrounded. Fighter lacks a 'signature move' early on though, unless you count Charge. 

2. Paladin/Rogue (Hoy Slayer) - Bleak Walker/Trickster: A Paladin pirate is a bit... odd, but I think Bleak Walker works thematically. I get a nice signature move in the form of FoD, upgraded by the Bleak Walker, as well as (I think) more damage upgrades than the Fighter. The only issue is, I'm kind of limited to Magran's Favor as a "signature weapon," and Paladin - while it has great raw defenses - lacks some of the Fighter's better utility abilities (Like Armored Grace, Unbending, etc.) 

3. Berserker/Rogue (Marauder): Berserker/Streetfighter. I like this class. I really do. But it's way too squishy for me. The instant I pull enemy focus (And I do it a lot), I more or less get murdered. Now, there's ways around that, but I want this character to be leading the charge, not having to hang back and pick off squishies. 

4. Fighter/Barbarian (Brute): Berserker/Unbroken. This is mostly just a list of Barbarian/Rogue multiclasses, honestly. I feel like this one could be pretty sturdy and still capable of dishing out some good damage. The only issue is that it trades out a ton of the Rogue's very useful abilities: Persistent Distraction, Riposte, etc. 

Thoughts? I feel like I've isolated the four best fit builds for this kind of character, but I'm up for hearing more ideas. Of the four I've listed, which do you think works the best? I'm thinking either Brute or Swashbuckler, preference toward Swashbuckler. 

Edit: Got one vote towards Swashbuckler - Devoted/Streetfighter (Battle axes) on the Stories subforum. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

Any of the 4 can be built to do what you want.

The best advice I could give would be: make them all, console them up to 15ish, console them the gear you want, and go mess around with ship fights to get a feel for how each works. Once you find the one you like the most start a real game with that class, knowing what gear you want to go get.

Any of the 4 can be built to do what you want.

The best advice I could give would be: make them all, console them up to 15ish, console them the gear you want, and go mess around with ship fights to get a feel for how each works. Once you find the one you like the most start a real game with that class, knowing what gear you want to go get.

Is it possible to change class/stats with the console? I don't want to go through Port Maje four different times. 

Is it possible to change class/stats with the console? I don't want to go through Port Maje four different times. 

There are mods that allow that.

If you make them 15 right on the prologue though you can go straight to the digsite, grab the papers and complete the quest in 10 minutes get the ship go to Nek and upgrade (console yourself money) so you can go be a pirate and get a feel for the fights.

Another option is to take a saved game you have already and build each of these as a custom companion, console them up, and test them out (even though the stats won't be the same you can still get a feel for how they play and it will help you make your choice.

Edited by Theosupus

There are mods that allow that.

If you make them 15 right on the prologue though you can go straight to the digsite, grab the papers and complete the quest in 10 minutes get the ship go to Nek and upgrade (console yourself money) so you can go be a pirate and get a feel for the fights.

Another option is to take a saved game you have already and build each of these as a custom companion, console them up, and test them out (even though the stats won't be the same you can still get a feel for how they play and it will help you make your choice.

Hmm... 

Playing around with it, I think the Swashbuckler (Devoted or Unbroken/Streetfighter) definitely suits what I'm looking for. Battleaxes (Well, boarding axes) were pretty big pirate weapons, and with the Fighter's defensive buffs, survival shouldn't be too much of a problem if I have a Priest handy. I could go Trickster for extra Deflection if I wanted, but couldn't I also just have potions for more or less the same result? 

Marauder is good too, but Lord Darryn's Voulge got nerfed down pretty hard so now it's not the AoE behemoth it used to be. Still cool on-death effects though, and I like dual typed weapons like that. 

Though I will say, watching ALL of the enemies surrounding my Swashy get Distracted by Persistent Distraction was really, really cool. And, Nemnok's Cloak is going to be the most important tool for survival, so I want to get that as early as possible.