Some of you might remember me from the good old Level-1-Noober-Challenge or the Naked-Challenge in PoE 1 so a warm "hello again" to all stumbling into this post!
First i must admit that i love PoE 2 after starting it two weeks ago but - on the same hand - it starts to bore me again and again so i did not completed a single run even though i have created dozens of characters now - mostly using TCS settings.
I started the game completly blind using Monks and Druids as i played them the most in PoE 1. The problem was: They lacked the easy escape buttons and died many times due to ambushes or bad luck (yeah, lack of metagame knowledge here!). I then started switching to priest and rogue multiclass. Hellwalker/Priest of Skaen was fun, my current Shifter/Trickster even more. Concepts of a Paladin/Trickster also sound very promising. However. My question to the community is: What do you think is the most capable class to beat PoE 2 (plus DLC) using the following rules:
1. Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat.
2. Path of the Damned or Triple Crown Solo.
3. No Berath Blessings.
4. No retraining.
5. Upscaling for all enemies.
6. Collect all bounties.
7. Finish the main game plus the DLC´s.
8. Chanters are banned.
9. No AI scripts.
10. Difficulty increasing Mods like Deadly Deadfire are optional but highly welcome - your choice!
There are only a couple of execptions to play through the game:
1. You may use things like Camping Supply, Lock Pick, Hook, Prybar, Hammer and Chisel, Rope and Grapling Hook.
2. You may use plot/quest items for their plot/quest purposes.
3. You may use gold for quests, resting or visiting brothels.
4. You may use gold to build up your ship.
As i personally play only using Triple Crown settings i have died many times running into unknown territory AND lacking the easy escape options (Withdraw, Smoke Veil, Shadowing Beyond...). Splittpulling still works but seems to be much harder than in PoE 1 as enemies tend to follow forever if you cant outrun them. Is there a way around? Another major concern is the fight against the Guardian of Ukaizo. Will any naked character stand a chance here? I know that the battle can be skipped using invisibility but somehow that feels lame. Is there a way to "talk him down"? However: Before tiping too much nonsense i am eager to read about your ideas. Thanks!
P.S. Maybe @Reent will wake up again playing another Chanter?
Edited by Harpagornis, 24 August 2018 - 11:46 AM.