A certain Jinno on Discord made a few discoveries that were news at least to me. I expect they're already known by some people but the information deserves its own thread. I couldn't find one. So here goes. It's pretty much exploitable bugs, I guess.

(Pardon me if I get something wrong; game isn't currently installed, but I think I understood Jinno well enough)

1) The base damage buff enchantment stacks with its upgrade.

You can stack Red-Stained Hands to 20 for a 20% damage buff, then upgrade it to Guilty Conscience and stack that to 20 too for another 40%. Stays until rest. Note it's also +60% damage taken...

2) The damage modifiers do not depend on actually having it equipped or on using weapon attacks.

Unequip it and throw a bomb - the bomb will still get the damage buffs.

3) Followup to 2: Since you don't need to have it equipped, you can give your whole party the 60% damage modifier if you want.

Stack the first buff to 20 on everyone, upgrade it, stack the second to 20 on everyone...

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

It actually can stack with itself without getting the upgrade, and yes this is a bug which has been reported.

Here:

VPLLnxg.png

And here:

eALMO1f.png

Two (unupgraded) instances consolidated into one in the picture above, along with the upgraded instance.

So if you are determined enough, you could get enough stacks to one-shot any enemy in the game - providing they aren't pierce immune.

• Like 1

So if you are determined enough, you could get enough stacks to one-shot any enemy in the game - providing they aren't pierce immune.

Naw. The buff affects all your attacks, it seems. I was shown it working with a bomb.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Naw. The buff affects all your attacks, it seems. I was shown it working with a bomb.

Oh yeah, duh! You just gave me an idea for a build I'm theorycrafting. Though it's an Assassin so the extra damage won't be quite as noticeable...

You can "farm" kills of people in the gullet....but it's not exactly something a "good" character would do. But no one seems to care though if some poor people in the city's slums die or you go on a whole massacre there, one of the more "realistic" things about the game at the moment. 

Yeah, that's why I always take double tap (also just better imo). This bug has also been reported some time ago.

Thanks for the tip 1TTFFSSE, though I'm not sure my characters would be okay slaughtering poor Roparu. The royal family on the other hand...

Edited by thundercleese