[2.0] when boarding enemy ship immediately, at the start of the encounter, the opening taunt is attributed to main character instead of the enemy

thelee

Question

Unwieldy title, but the screenshot will explain it better:

post-58316-0-77439700-1533422224_thumb.jpg

I never really noticed it before, but this is my first game where I'm actually just ramming into ships some of the time instead of just engaging in ship-to-ship combat, and I thought it was a little odd that my mainchar had something to say at the start of each fight. But this screenshot most clearly indicates that I was right to be confused, because the enemy captain is a Vithrack and what my mainchair (Kyrie) just said makes a whole lot more sense to be coming from the the enemy Vithrack and not my mainchar suddenly knowing how to communicate with a Vithrack and doing some sort of taunt.

So, the dialogue (as well as where it pops up on screen) should really be connected to the enemy captain. Dropbox link to save right before this ship-to-ship combat (just engage and then close directly to boarding):  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k1lqlyvlc67mu0v/AAAkf8OBTSZgsj1iLc8YVSwca?dl=0

Edited by thelee

4 answers to this question

Ah yes, that was odd, didn't know that captain was Vithrack, that makes sense.

It's far from the only ship combat that attributes the quote to the player, about 50% of the combats do that I find from my 1.2(.2) playthrough. Didn't realise it wasn't intended (since if it's a quote by the opponent, they usually dissapear before the camera even reaches them).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hi thelee,

We are aware of this issue occurring in the encounter with Veen and are working on a fix. If this is occurring in other encounters, could you please make new posts for each of them with your autosave file and a screenshot of the issue?

Thanks!

That's going to be hard since the map's totally clean for me... but I know it did happen with my last battle with Agnes in the bottom right.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I dont have the saves unfortunately because I deleted that game, but I have same problems with other enemy captains with diferents Banner (included Rathums)

In my case I had the 1º time I think with the Vitharck and practically everyone who followed him (more or less 7-9).