wagmainis

Question

Hi,

I've tried searching on this forum but I can't seem to find any post that addresses the issue I'm having. When I'm playing on High settings, after a while, the graphics would start showing artifacts (broken pixels) and then the game would freeze up. Sometimes, I'd still be able to close the window but the graphical artifacts would remain. I would have to shut my computer down then wait a while before I could fire it back up again. I have recently tried re-adjusting the settings to something more manageable. It would work for a while but after some time, the artifacts would show up again. The most remarkable occurrence I notice this happening is when the Messenger was sucked into that portal or when I'm fighting spellcasters that cast spells with a lot of VFX.

Rig is as follows:

- CPU: Core i5 6600

- GPU: AMD R9 390 8gb

- RAM: 16gb DDR4 2133

Is it a limitation on my GPU/CPU/RAM/Computer as a whole? I don't know if this has any bearing on the matter but I'm able to run Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed Origins and the most intense graphical issue I get is a framerate drop for a few seconds then it goes back to normal.

2 answers to this question

Hey Wagmainis!

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting these graphical issues during your playthrough.  We did have another user report this to our email support who found a fix for himself.  He too, had a very high performance rig that was doing this.  His fix was to tone down the settings, similar to you, but the thing that helped the most was lowering his Multisample Anti-Aliasing(MSAA) down to 1 in his graphic settings.

Let me know how/if this works for you!

Hi SChin

Apologies for the late response. My MSAA has been at 1 the whole time. I've also tried disabling everything except for VSync. Issue still persists. I've recently created a new character and tried playing and it seems the issue happens a lot more when:

- I or enemies cast spells with a lot of VFX (fan of flames and fireball are the ones where I see a lot of these graphical issues happening)

- When anybody wields Xoti's lantern

Please note that all the graphical issues happen even if everything, except for VSync, is disabled and the MSAA is set to 1.

EDIT: Restricting the framerate to 45 helped a little. I could cast pull of eora like 3 times in the middle of queen's berth while casting fireballs and fans of flames left and right and the game does not graphically glitch out. Tried it in the Hanging Sepulchers in the room where there are 6 flames burning and the graphical glitches returned. I recommend keeping the lights and glow effects ticked off, jacking the VFX opacity aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way to the left, keeping MSAA to 1, and keeping VSync on all the time while keeping the framerate restricted to 45 to 60.

Edited by wagmainis