I've been toying with an idea for a Shifter multi-class build for my next playthrough but I'm wondering about certain mechanical aspects of shapeshift. Namely, do the bonuses from weapons I have equipped in the normal form carry over after shape shift? I know that shifted druid's hands count as their own weapon but if I say carry Min's Fortune, does the stacking critical chance carry over?

I don't think so, but I'd thought I'd check with you guys.

I've been toying with an idea for a Shifter multi-class build for my next playthrough but I'm wondering about certain mechanical aspects of shapeshift. Namely, do the bonuses from weapons I have equipped in the normal form carry over after shape shift? I know that shifted druid's hands count as their own weapon but if I say carry Min's Fortune, does the stacking critical chance carry over?

No, ur weapons and ur chest armor does nothing for ur shifted form

No, ur weapons and ur chest armor does nothing for ur shifted form

Oh. So armor goes away as well? That's good to know, thanks!

Edited by Perzyn

Fun fact: if you are shifted and summon an Essential or Substancial Phantom (as a Druid/Wizard) the phantom will have all your gear including claws/tusks/horns/blight stuff and so on but not the natural armor (which also seems to determine the character model). It looks like an unarmed, non-shifted you then but hits with natural weapons. Without Wildstrike and other abilites of course, but not too bad.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The Druid gains better claw attacks when shifting as they level up:

Level 5 claw attacks have bonus stats same as a FINE weapon 15% DMG, +4 Accuracy, plus 1 penetration.

Level 9 same as an EXCEPTIONAL weapon 30% DMG, +8 Accuracy, plus 2 penetration.

Level 13 Same as SUPERB weapon 45% DMG, +12 Accuracy, plus 3 penetration.

Haven't played up to level 17 yet but I would assume it continues to scale like other weapons you find in game.

Armor also goes up in accordance with these levels:

(Add plus 2 to each level for Bear form)

Level 1 Armor 8

Level 5 Armor 9

Level 9 Armor 10