Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Summoning AI Behavior

AI summoning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Quasxen

Quasxen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Steam:Quasxen

I've been trying to figure out a way to create an AI behavior for summoning creatures. The problem I run in to is my character will cast another summon when the previous summon is active, which then removes the previous summon for the new one. I need a way to create a condition where if there's an existing summon, they won't cast a new one.

I've tried using "Not Has Summoned Weapon", "Animal Companion is not Active". I don't want to just use a timer setting because the summon could be killed off early.

Anyone have ideas or found a conditional combination that works for this setup?

M4xw0lf

M4xw0lf

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've been trying to figure out a way to create an AI behavior for summoning creatures. The problem I run in to is my character will cast another summon when the previous summon is active, which then removes the previous summon for the new one. I need a way to create a condition where if there's an existing summon, they won't cast a new one.

I've tried using "Not Has Summoned Weapon", "Animal Companion is not Active". I don't want to just use a timer setting because the summon could be killed off early.

Anyone have ideas or found a conditional combination that works for this setup?

There probably is no appropriate condition available at this point (didn't check though). Timer seems your best option right now.

Quasxen

Quasxen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Steam:Quasxen

Well that's a sad situation. Seems like something Obsidian should look in to

Manveru123

Manveru123

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 820 posts

Obsidian is too busy doing impurtand balunz. Fortunately there are mods.

https://www.nexusmod...ernity2/mods/88

Use "Self: Has Active Summon" and tick the "not" square. This should work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AI, summoning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users