Éder has Knock Down and Mule Kick

Hassat Hunter

Question

Even though Mule Kick is the replacement of Knock Down and in all cases superior, and should be the only available option on the UI as with all replacement skills, it's not.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

11 answers to this question

Hi Hassat Hunter,

This is intended. Learning the ability Mule Kick is not just a simple numerical upgrade, but also a change to the base ability's effect. Knock Down causes the target to go Prone while Mule Kick is a pushback. As such, the two remain as separate abilities on the ability bar.

I have given it a bit of testing, and I can't find any "pushback" what so ever. The description also don't mention this either, only Knock Up, which as far as I can tell doesn't do much rather than change the animation, the enemy will still be prone in the spot at the same location.

So from what I can tell, yes, Mule Kick is 100% a numerical upgrade of Knock Down

kv1bFgb.jpg

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

It is not. Knock up effect, aside from introducing delay before the target is prone and can stand up again, also makes the target untargettable while in air and apparently cancels whatever attacks are being made against him. In other words, if you have multiple party members attacking or, especially, casting spells on, the same target, basic Knock Down is better option, as Mule Kick might waste some of those attacks/spells.

Needless to say, if it was just numerical upgrade, heck, even if was as it is minus that knock up, Mule Kick would be more intriguing, because side effect is rather nasty surprise.

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield

That sounds like a bug to me actually. An upgrade where the tiny graphical difference causes a gameplay glitch?

If it's supposed to be Pushback as Jlee says, it's definitely not working as that, which again would make it a bug (but then please also adjust the description to properly reflect it's a pushback).

^

Anything on this jlee?

Considering Mule Kick definitely doesn't do pushback?

^

You got your answer: it's not a bug, it's intended.

Where so?

All I see is "It's seperate since one gives prone and other knockback"... we already established that is not the case.

So basing 'it's intended' on THAT alone is out of the question.

^

Hi Hassat Hunter,

This is intended. Learning the ability Mule Kick is not just a simple numerical upgrade, but also a change to the base ability's effect. Knock Down causes the target to go Prone while Mule Kick is a pushback. As such, the two remain as separate abilities on the ability bar.

Mule Kick does a knockUP, not a knockback. But internally it counts as "push" effect (there are several different ones). So please don't nitpick on jlee's wording.

Both abilites work differently enough so that it's ok if they both stay. I think further dicussion is entirely futile.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

But said effect seems also broken;

It is not. Knock up effect, aside from introducing delay before the target is prone and can stand up again, also makes the target untargettable while in air and apparently cancels whatever attacks are being made against him. In other words, if you have multiple party members attacking or, especially, casting spells on, the same target, basic Knock Down is better option, as Mule Kick might waste some of those attacks/spells.

Needless to say, if it was just numerical upgrade, heck, even if was as it is minus that knock up, Mule Kick would be more intriguing, because side effect is rather nasty surprise.

Why stop discussion if nothing about this seems to work as intended?

^

1) The hell is your problem?

2) Sure, Psycho and  Jlee are me... and you too. Please leave if you got nothing to add, and you don't.

^