Hello everyone.
I need your help.
Through inspiration of playing limited sized parties in PoE, I want to design a PotD duo that follows the description:
Thought of Thor and Loki, a brother duo godlikes, Moon/fire and Death/fire respectively. Their roles in the fray would be for Thor to be and unkillable beast while Loki would jump to the back and obliterate squishies, while Thor keeps the frontline busy.
Idea would be Thor as a (not bleakwalker) Paladin+Trickster/Streetfighter and Loki as Trickster/Berzerker (or mage slayer).
Thor would hand n plank with Gladiator sword/C and Wahai Poraga for 2nd set.
Idea behind this char is mainly be a wall, while also providing some support for Loki, when he gets focused down and has to back off so we can greater lay on hands his ass for him to keep fighting. 
Loki would dual wield with dual pistols for opening salvo and switch to something like Modwyr/Squid's grasp or something of the sort. The weapons here are situational and please DO sugest variants. Dual saber is also acceptable of course. Dual wielding here is key to burst down the squishies in the least time possible. Though as tempting as it seems, Assassin subclass is a no-no for me, doesn´t offer nearly enough for my tastes to give up a trickster with access to deflection with guile.

So off we go:

Loki (MC, Berath's blessing for stats n skills).

Race: Fire Godlike
Class: Berzerker/Trickster
Background: White that Wends - Laborer

Str: 19
Con: 12
Dex: 12
Per: 20
Int: 17
Res: 10

Vamping skill list out of 

"The Lightning Sphinx"

because lazy and just want to set in the groundwork so it's easier to clean up than make anew, even if the former ends up happening anyway.

---- NOT UPDATED YET -----

Full List of Abilities at Lvl 20

Actives in Red

Rogue:

-Riposte?

-Backstab

-Escape

-Dirty Fighting

-Gouging Strike (Upgrade from Blinding Strike)

-Persistent Distraction

-Deep Wounds

-Devastating Blow (upgrade from Finishing Blow)

-Slippery Mind

-Death Blows

Barbarian:

-Frenzy

-Blooded

-Thick Skinned

-One stands Alone

-Bloody SLaughter

-Wild Sprint

-Savage Defiance

-Barbaric Smash (upgrade of Barbaric blow)

-Interrupting Blows

-Blood Thirst

-Spirit Tornado (upgrade of Frenzy)

I have no gear preference, so suggestions also welcome for me to write up a build. It'll be generaly about being tanky while not taking too many aflictions I guess (probably the double second wind on Loki), and would also like to know which type of backstory I need to pick to have access to Devil of Caroc's breastplate in my storyline. Current storyline I'm playing in does not have it, so I cannot play around with it.

When I have time I´ll update this for you to know the gist of the character's skills be.
Thor important skills: Greater Lay on Hands as stated, Persistent distraction and riposte (the main reason why I'm highly considering the Rogue multi).
Loki important skills: Do more damage faster. And not die. That's it.

ANY kind of input is apreciated :D

On a final note, although I don't really like to pop drugs and consumables, I'll do so when the fights demand it, but don't really want to relly on it. Having scrolls of ressurect/moonwell/storms is ok and pots to heal up/spirit shield is fine.

EDIT: I'm not limited by Thor/Loki interaction, but it was an iconic duo I could think of. If something sugested isn't up to the theme of said duo, one could argue on things to justify decisions.
Edited by zeldagaiden

Thor being the "God of thunder" from a RP perspective I'd multi him with a fury druid. A natural weapon choice for him would be Warhammer but sadly there's only two unique ones in the game and one is impossible to get with only 2 characters and the other one is kinda crap. Lord Darryns voulge is an option to boost shock dmg further. You could also go singleclass barbarian for their lategame AoEs and use scrolls such as Avenging Storm occasionally.

Floki being the son of giants I'd RP either with a chanter multi to summon giants or with a transmuter wizard and ogre form. Ogre form is not super impressive atm but that is because of the slow recovery from its armour. The Abraham pet dog removes a massive 33% of that malus in ogre form and a fighters amoured grace would remove another 25 making it far less punishing. The ogres fist do very nice dmg. I'd however use coral snuff with this for more action speed.

Anyway that's how I'd do it from an RP pov. :)

Play Thor as Herald, and Loki as Assassin/Evoker.

Thor as Herald, reasoning? Even though I'm using Pallegina as one and god, do the summons help absorbing damage at any point in the game, specialy mid game in the ship fights. But for some reason, if soloing PotD is doable (without cheese?), duoing should come much farther. First combination of "the tank" I thought of was exactly that though, and I might end up going that path. However, having already tasted the god aweful long time it takes to set any summons up apart from the 1st cast (which is when the enemy is running at you) is.... meh. I know the damage isn't trivial for summons the entire game though...

What's the reasoning behind AnyRogueExceptAssassin/Evoker? Only the selfbuffs? My though on the Berzerker were just to output more DPS when he jumps into the fray and having those sweet sweet dual handed full atacks.

Thor being the "God of thunder" from a RP perspective I'd multi him with a fury druid. A natural weapon choice for him would be Warhammer but sadly there's only two unique ones in the game and one is impossible to get with only 2 characters and the other one is kinda crap. Lord Darryns voulge is an option to boost shock dmg further. You could also go singleclass barbarian for their lategame AoEs and use scrolls such as Avenging Storm occasionally.

Floki being the son of giants I'd RP either with a chanter multi to summon giants or with a transmuter wizard and ogre form. Ogre form is not super impressive atm but that is because of the slow recovery from its armour. The Abraham pet dog removes a massive 33% of that malus in ogre form and a fighters amoured grace would remove another 25 making it far less punishing. The ogres fist do very nice dmg. I'd however use coral snuff with this for more action speed.

Anyway that's how I'd do it from an RP pov. :)

My current MC playthrough consists of a Hellwalker/Fury. Although it is fun to dish out storms of damage (pun intended), the hellwalker part makes it le super squishadon. That, plus not having healing spells (moonwell), I'd consider a wizard multi before a druid one. Plus, wizard doesnt have to invest points on spells. Ever. I like the thor flavor, yet going all in in thunder is already what I'm doing and I don't wana do it again :D.

Floki idea doesn't fit my taste however, at all, fights would take too long.

Having that said, good input guys, keep them up! :)

If you look something different from Paladin/Rogue/Chanter

I offer Soulblade/Devoted for tank, with Great Sword specialization, pick Fire Godlilke, level up Arcana to 2, cast Fireband, very solid build with cc, middle damage and good ropleplay  

And second one (Berserker/Mage Slayer)/Priest of Skaen, pick Death Godlike, Cast Death Door + Spell that increase buffs duration and kill all of them

Now I'm little bit lazy to post entire builds by myself but you can try :D

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Thor as Herald, reasoning? Even though I'm using Pallegina as one and god, do the summons help absorbing damage at any point in the game, specialy mid game in the ship fights. But for some reason, if soloing PotD is doable (without cheese?), duoing should come much farther. First combination of "the tank" I thought of was exactly that though, and I might end up going that path. However, having already tasted the god aweful long time it takes to set any summons up apart from the 1st cast (which is when the enemy is running at you) is.... meh. I know the damage isn't trivial for summons the entire game though...

What's the reasoning behind AnyRogueExceptAssassin/Evoker? Only the selfbuffs? My though on the Berzerker were just to output more DPS when he jumps into the fray and having those sweet sweet dual handed full atacks.

Herald is the best tank in the game, better go for something that is hard to kill if you duo.

Assassin/Evoker is good because spells benefit from Assassinate passive. And it kinda feels like Loki too. Other Rogue subclasses won't work.

Early game is going to be extremely difficult for duo if you don't omptimize a bit.

Herald is the best tank in the game, better go for something that is hard to kill if you duo.

Assassin/Evoker is good because spells benefit from Assassinate passive. And it kinda feels like Loki too. Other Rogue subclasses won't work.

Early game is going to be extremely difficult for duo if you don't omptimize a bit.

I'm sorry but how does an evoker/assassin feel like loki? In Norse mythology loki was a giant and a shapeshifter.