The Slayer (Updated for 2.0)

Slayers are suicidal dwarves that go out into the world having sworn to die in battle to expunge some dishonor from their name. This slayer is constantly trying to die, but is just too good at killing to have succeeded at his goal yet. 
The build uses +damage the more you’re hurt synergies. 
This is more of a theme build rather than a min/max; but it did WAY better than I expected (this works really well in party w/ someone using willbreaker and Body Blows)

Game Version: 2.0
Difficulty: PotD (+all Upscale, no mods)
Solo: *No - You will need backup (Salvation of time and/or Barring death's door from others, the cloak can't always last long enough on boss fights)

Race: Dwarf (mountain for the red hair)
Class: Ravager [Helwalker/Berzerker]
Home: The Living Lands
Background: Laborer

Stats: (not including blessings)
Mig 16
Con: 10
Dex: 10
Per: 18
Int: 16
Res: 8

Skills:
Active: Athletics Max (or split with alchemy, see consumables)
Passive: your choice (I chose to pump survival for my backup weapon set)

Abilities: (in order I selected them)

Frenzy
Swift Strikes
Blooded
Lesser wounds
Thick skin
Two handed style
Barbaric Blow
Accurate Carnage
One stands alone
Swift flurry
Bloodlust
Stunning blow
Blood frenzy
Duality
Savage Defiance
Bloody Slaughter
Barbaric smash
Enervating blows
Interrupting Blows
Stunning surge
Brute force
Turning wheel
Tough
Bull's will
Bloodstorm
Heartbeat Drumming
Bloodthirst

Equipment

main weapon: Oathbreaker's End  (early game I used duskfall+modwyr to get the wahai poraga then lord darynn's to go get oathbreaker's)
Backup weapons: Magran's + Mohora Tanga

Whitewitch Mask
Protective Eothasian Charm
Reckless Brigandine (into the breach)
Ring of greater regen
Voidward
Boots of the stone
Nemnok’s Cloak
Boltcatchers
The Undying Burden
Pet: Nalvi 

Consumables
Food: Mahora wraps (get that mig to 20 & nifty recovery speed)
Coral snuff (more speed)
Potion of Spirit shield
Major heal pots (or moderate if you split between athletics and alchemy)

This guy plays so much better than the first two iterations.

Dots for everyone, and a giant axe finally!
Edited by Theosupus
  • Like 1

Why do u pick thunderous blows on a berserker? Doesn't berserker get tenacious from frenzy?

Also with max wounds and tenacious u will already be at Stat cap on might so I'd switch gloves maybe for boltcatchers?

Looks like a nasty killing machine!

Edited by Dorftek

Why do u pick thunderous blows on a berserker? Doesn't berserker get tenacious from frenzy?

Also with max wounds and tenacious u will already be at Stat cap on might so I'd switch gloves maybe for boltcatchers?

Looks like a nasty killing machine!

(this admission might sound crazy but) I don't always Frenzy; some fights I TB, others I frenzy. I like using rage for Barb Smash and since TB doesn't use Rage it's "free" for this guy (and can also be used to dump wounds if you are getting hit too hard post BDD). It gets funny to burn through your rage w/ smash spamming. 

I do like the proc on crit for gatecrashers, but boltcatchers looks like it would increase the dps for sure.

Edited by Theosupus
  • Like 1

I tried this build myself earlier this week. Looked fine, until I got interrupted. Then I died. And then it kept happening. Very squishy against anything that has an interrupt, or multiple enemies that can interrupt (and I had maxed CON with 2 to 3 less INT, PER and MIG). Nemnok cloak effect didn't last long enough to get out of the chain interrupts (full disclosure: the fight I'm talking about is killing the whole second floor of the Valiant Trading Post in Queen Berth, which is pretty much a quick and easy way to check whether a build works), and having a +65% damage intake with 60 Deflection Vs enemies with 110+ accuracy - until they activated intuitive strikes, which made things worse - meant getting blown the duck up by crits.

How much have you playtested the build? Have you had any similar chain-lock experiences?

I'd go with Rekvu's Fractured Cask to cover that, also considering that helm of the falcon is not as good as it used to be.

Also, how is lord Darryn's "the only pollaxe worth a damn" when Wahai Poraga is out there :D

I tried this build myself earlier this week. Looked fine, until I got interrupted. Then I died. And then it kept happening. Very squishy against anything that has an interrupt, or multiple enemies that can interrupt (and I had maxed CON with 2 to 3 less INT, PER and MIG). Nemnok cloak effect didn't last long enough to get out of the chain interrupts (full disclosure: the fight I'm talking about is killing the whole second floor of the Valiant Trading Post in Queen Berth, which is pretty much a quick and easy way to check whether a build works), and having a +65% damage intake with 60 Deflection Vs enemies with 110+ accuracy - until they activated intuitive strikes, which made things worse - meant getting blown the duck up by crits.

How much have you playtested the build? Have you had any similar chain-lock experiences?

I'd go with Rekvu's Fractured Cask to cover that, also considering that helm of the falcon is not as good as it used to be.

Also, how is lord Darryn's "the only pollaxe worth a damn" when Wahai Poraga is out there :D

To be fair I haven't "play-tested" at all just played.

I have not even made it all they way through the game yet; I did mention this was a theme build not a min/max.

I have not had a problem with interrupts (yet) since getting the cloak (spirit shield gives concentration) and usually things die too fast to worry about much else.

I'll actually try out Wahai Poraga again, but when I tried it the first time it always hit for less than Lord Darryn's and things die too fast to make good use of counter attack (or so it seemed, I'll look closer).

Edited by Theosupus

• 4 weeks later...