For boots you have the Footprints of Ahu Taka which give +2dex, 10% healing and +1 lvl2 priest spells. Also for necklace I think you should use instead Strand of Favor for the +10% bonus to beneficial effects.

Yeah I tried the neck but it didn't seem to work with barring at deaths door. The boots sound great but I don't know how to get them?

You get them from a scripted event (check the wiki).

PS. Do you know how Salvation of Time works exactly? It looks like nothing affects the 10s, but when used it increases the duration by 16-17s...

I noticed it too, it seems like it might be affected by Int but it doesn't show on the tooltip

Did you try to play with DD mod ? Over-leveled street-fighter fights look really boring on normal PotD

Does it do anything other then further boosting enemy stats? If it reworks encounters and the AI then I'll gladly play it, otherwise I rather not. The enemies stats on upscaled POTD is fine, it's the AI design that is not.

Did you try to play with DD mod ? Over-leveled street-fighter fights look really boring on normal PotD

Does it do anything other then further boosting enemy stats? If it reworks encounters and the AI then I'll gladly play it, otherwise I rather not. The enemies stats on upscaled POTD is fine, it's the AI design that is not.

WHAT DOES IT DO:
1. Level Scaling
- In vanilla enemies only scale upwards a maximum of 4 levels. If you are level 15 and find a level 5 enemy, he would be scaled up to level 9 but not any further.
- This mod increases the scaling limit to 9. That enemy would now scale up to 14. (not quite this simple with location levels etc but you get the idea)

2. Named Enemies
- Important Named Enemies will now scale an additional 2 levels higher than a normal enemy. If you find a level 8 named boss at level 10, he will now scale up to level 12, in an effort to keep even previously-missed lower level boss fights challenging. (again location levels matter too but this is the idea)

3. Increased HP
- Enemy health has been increased by around 20-30% on a creature by creature basis. This is an attempt to stop a single empowered spell from halving the opponents right at the start of combat.

4. Reduced XP
- Experience from quests and combat has been reduced by 28%. This is not really noticeable at the start but it will help with the over-levelling issue in the lategame.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43

Apparently, the difficulty lies in getting better stats. It's not a fault of the mod though, its the game design. 

In this mod Daggers, Sabres .. etc usually can't penetrate boss armors, you need to use food for penetration, and you will lose your affliction imunity

Experience reduced and you can't get L16 so fast

Enemies has +20 deflection, and you can't crit them on each attack, +30% to health

With this mod PotD feel really good

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

WHAT DOES IT DO:

1. Level Scaling

- In vanilla enemies only scale upwards a maximum of 4 levels. If you are level 15 and find a level 5 enemy, he would be scaled up to level 9 but not any further.

- This mod increases the scaling limit to 9. That enemy would now scale up to 14. (not quite this simple with location levels etc but you get the idea)

2. Named Enemies

- Important Named Enemies will now scale an additional 2 levels higher than a normal enemy. If you find a level 8 named boss at level 10, he will now scale up to level 12, in an effort to keep even previously-missed lower level boss fights challenging. (again location levels matter too but this is the idea)

3. Increased HP

- Enemy health has been increased by around 20-30% on a creature by creature basis. This is an attempt to stop a single empowered spell from halving the opponents right at the start of combat.

4. Reduced XP

- Experience from quests and combat has been reduced by 28%. This is not really noticeable at the start but it will help with the over-levelling issue in the lategame.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43

Apparently, the difficulty lies in getting better stats. It's not a fault of the mod though, its the game design.

No thanks.

Even while using both AR reducing poison and a potion of piercing strikes I really struggled with Nemnoks armour. Making the fight even longer would only tempt me to roll troub/ranger, turn on AI and watch Netflix instead...

In this mod Daggers, Sabres .. etc usually can't penetrate boss armors, you need to use food for penetration, and you will lose your affliction imunity

Enemies has +20 deflection, and you can't crit them on each attack, +30% to health

Yeah so pretty much adds imbalance between classes by highly promoting ranger/devoted for ACC and pen and chanter/cipher for unlimited resources?

Why is sabres mentioned? Sabre modal gives u pen unlike many other weapons.

Yeah so pretty much adds imbalance between classes by highly promoting ranger/devoted for ACC and pen and chanter/cipher for unlimited resources?

> Yeah so pretty much adds imbalance between classes by highly promoting ranger/devoted for ACC and pen and chanter/cipher for unlimited resources?

120 ACC is OK

Nope, there exist good Wizrad/Priest, Monk/Devoted I posted Wizard/Rogue build concept, that can solo this difficulty

> Why is sabres mentioned?  

Modal didn't stack with potion, but mace modal that reduce enemy armor stack ;)

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

> Yeah so pretty much adds imbalance between classes by highly promoting ranger/devoted for ACC and pen and chanter/cipher for unlimited resources?

Nope, there exist good Wizrad/Priest, Monk/Devoted I posted Wizard/Rogue build concept, that can solo this difficulty

> Why is sabres mentioned?

Modal doesn't stack with potion? Wow that is crap!

Yes ofc they can solo this difficulty but think about it. Higher enemy AR and higher enemy Defense promotes what? More patience with dice rolls or simply more stacking of ACC and pen.

What does higher enemy HP promote? More spammable resources.

Against a very high HP target a burst dps is useless compared to a consistent and unlimited dmg output unless the burst dps can burst multiple times wich is not possible with a max resource system.

As far as I am aware, you posted high level, possibly level 20, character who can deal with the mod "difficulty" solo. 

Yes, but you don't need L16 to win fights, there, on the forum already posted a lot of strategies that can help you with low level fights :D

Help me? What would help me would be a video playthrough with this mod on from level 1(4). Then I could judge for myself if it "feels really good" and how a build "can deal" with the mod. Otherwise, I have to take your word for it and, with all due respect, I will not simply because feelings are subjective. 

Edited by knownastherat

> Yeah so pretty much adds imbalance between classes by highly promoting ranger/devoted for ACC and pen and chanter/cipher for unlimited resources?

120 ACC is OK

> Why is sabres mentioned?

Can u even reach 120acc on a wiz/priest post 1.2?

Keep in mind that ANY build made before 1.2 patch can use alchemy for around 30acc and 8ish Xtra pen. This is no longer possible.

Help me? What would help me would be a video playthrough with this mod on from level 1(4). Then I could judge for myself if it "feels really good" and how a build "can deal" with the mod. Otherwise, I have to take your word for it and, with all due respect, I will not simply because feelings are subjective. 

Start island is very bad example man, same as Ukaizo fight. Let's wait for the 1.2 release, and I will post videos with some low level fights for my next play-thought 

Can u even reach 120acc on a wiz/priest post 1.2?

120 is ACC from your video

> Keep in mind that ANY build made before 1.2 patch can use alchemy for around 30acc and 8ish Xtra pen. This is no longer possible. 

20 (Base) + 57 (Level) + 10 (Perception) + 5 (From Aware) + 10 (Priest buff)  + (8 - 4) (PL) + 3 (Bracers) = (109 - 113) + ring that give you +10 to fire spell acc + 2 if you picked race with perception ~= 119 - 125

​I forgot about drug that rise your perception +3

If you picked Skaen, you can cast some buffs and drink potions in invise

There also exists weapon that rise your fire power level +2 and potion +2

Edited by mant2si

Don't worry about it(me). I think I solved my issue with "difficulty" by turning Level Scaling off so I am not really interested in a mod Up-scaling even more. I played the game enough to know what is possible and whatnot. It's really simple, as I mentioned already, get higher stats than enemies. So if enemy will not get higher stats neither I need to get them and the result will be the same, as we say "nula od nuly pojde" 1/1 is the same as 10/10. 

Don't worry about it(me). I think I solved my issue with "difficulty" by turning Level Scaling off so I am not really interested in a mod Up-scaling even more. I played the game enough to know what is possible and whatnot. It's really simple, as I mentioned already, get higher stats than enemies. So if enemy will not get higher stats neither I need to get them and the result will be the same, as we say "nula od nuly pojde" 1/1 is the same as 10/10. 

Ok :D I like this feeling when I found skill/gear/consumable combination that can do solo DD/Upscaled/PotD

Edited by mant2si

Sure, to each her own.

@Dorftek, care to comment on high MIG and low CON? What am I asking is: 1. is high MIG important and 2. is low CON non-issue?

High Mig isn't really super important but any dmg boost is welcome to shorten killtimes. Con gives so very little per point, it's not an issue

Don't worry about it(me). I think I solved my issue with "difficulty" by turning Level Scaling off so I am not really interested in a mod Up-scaling even more. I played the game enough to know what is possible and whatnot. It's really simple, as I mentioned already, get higher stats than enemies. So if enemy will not get higher stats neither I need to get them and the result will be the same, as we say "nula od nuly pojde" 1/1 is the same as 10/10.

Ok :D I like this feeling when I found skill/gear/consumable combination that can do solo DD/Upscaled/PotD

This I can agree with, but not if it puts certain classes way above others.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you elaborate on your weapon choices? I'd love to try the build, but I don't get the reason for this specific weapon choice ...

They have powerful DoT effects wich I highly enjoy. Ineffective vs enemies with high pierce resistance or immunity tho so a second set is needed. However they are not crucial, weapons with lashes would work probably just as well. Skaens summoned weapons are too weak tho.

Thank you! And what about accessories (Strand of Favor) /passives (Effigy Resentment: Zahua) that boost beneficial effects duration ? Do you know if they work with barring's death door?

Strand of Favor gives same boost as +2 int wich is on the charm of bones? I don't know about resentment I always play with the same backstory.

I did try with Strand of Favor but I don't remember exactly why I didn't keep it. It either didn't work with Barring or it didn't make any difference compared to charm of bones.

Kaylon suggested a pair of boots I didn't find but wich I would have used if I found em:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Footprints_of_Ahu_Taka

Edited by Dorftek