Build help - Melee Streetfighter multiclass in PotD... worth it?

Hey all - looking for some build help. Ran a devoted/assassin through veteran with no issues. Focused as an in-the-mix melee DPS using smoke veil for sneak attack with penetrating strike.

With potd, it sounds like the smoke veil strategy doesn’t get you as far given the number of enemies and their higher HP, so I am exploring other Fighter/Rogue options and trying to decide between a base rogue and a street fighter.

This won’t be my primary tank (maybe grab 1-3 baddies) and I won’t be using blunderbuss modal for flanked status, so I’m worried I’m going to be living with slow attacks for most of the game.

Appreciate any inputs all of you experts can provide. Goal is maximizing DPS but sustainably (I.e. surviving to deliver those blows).

You can self inflict flanked with spark crackers, which also has the benefit of hitting an enemy or two near you.

I am playing a goldpact paladin / streetfighter rogue right now that feels really strong

Weapon set one is hand mortar and xoti's hatchet (I like to self inflict flanked with modal)

My second set is a strong one hander (whatever I can find) and the same weapon I pulled off of xoti. That hatchet can be upgraded to boost attack speed and ups your damage on kills.

I only self inflict flanked vs single targets. The rest of the time I use escape to jump into the middle of enemy packs and they gladly surround me.

I wear heavier armor because it makes it easier to stay blooded too.

Once I get into combat I drop a sworn enemy for even more armor.

Keep your party stealth at beginning of combat if enemies won't flank you.

I find it really easy to be both tanky and hard hitting with this combo.

With Barbarian Zerker it is currently one of the strongest if not the strongest in terms of numbers dps

You pump con and armor rating (from all your passives) to be survivable. If you pump alchemy and use say armor spirit potion on top of those you can solo the game with it it becomes that tanky. 

stats would be to leave dex and resolve at around 8 points and pump strength, con, perception and int

Multiclass with Paladin and go slay some Holy people.

Multiclass anything with Paladin and the result is f- loads of tankiness.

You don't need to repeat your insight on each thread :) We all know Paladin is a glue to all classes, maybe you can come up with some more interesting ideas!

Got it - so sounds like, even not being my party’s primary tank, streetfighter will get into enough flanked situations on potd to be with it over standard Rogue.

Let me know if I’m getting that wrong. Thanks for the feedback!

I think with the new patch Trickster surpassed Streetfighter in the position of the best rogue subclass for multiclass purposes. Wisards also became 15% better as a multiclass option for martial classes that don't have built-in speed buffs. Ciphers also got a nice buff, almost to the point that I want to try trickster/cipher(?) now.