[CLASS BUILD] Solo 1.1 PotD Thaumaturge (Priest/Wizard)

Deadly Deadfire  - https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43
This mod offers much more challenge, than original game, I currently play on normal version, because can't beat some fights. Maybe if obsidian fix alchemy I will move to hardcore :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Heres the fight against her with the Deadly Deadfire Mod

Not a very hard fight tbh. If i would abuse LoS and stuff this would be a lot easier didn't really bother here though. Wasnt needed anyway. Shark Soup doesnt make you immune to the knockdown which is a pity but whatever.

I am gonna try some others with this mod installed to see how difficult they've become. Lucia Rivan should be interesting as that is imo the hardest fight in the game by far.

Heres the fight against her with the Deadly Deadfire Mod

Not a very hard fight tbh. If i would abuse LoS and stuff this would be a lot easier didn't really bother here though. Wasnt needed anyway. Shark Soup doesnt make you immune to the knockdown which is a pity but whatever.

I am gonna try some others with this mod installed to see how difficult they've become. Lucia Rivan should be interesting as that is imo the hardest fight in the game by far.

Good job, I also managed this fight. Empowered fire storm look awesome. Try to Ukaizo Guardian :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Did you try to convert your build to melee ? :D I got an interesting idea, if you stack enough dexterity (35) and use scordeo (~60%) you can reduce melee recovery speed high enough to use Wahai Pōraga, with that amazing black hole spell you can pull all enemies into single spot, and then destroy them. I'm not sure but may be Substantial Phantom, can attack you and generate electric lash for that Deltro's Voltage helm, if that works you can do very decent electric damage as bonus, there also exist gloves that can spam crack bolt on crit, and storm spell  

At the middle of battle you can use 1 - 2 Finishing Blow's
Triumph of Crusaders, should help you regen health, with such high int, your buffs will be stay around 50s - 100s
To boss enemies you can switch to DW, you can start battle with scordeo and Substantial Phantom, then after few hit's go to melee with death door, while you still has escape ability, you can escape regen and continue battle

Edited by mant2si

Hey man ive been rerunning this build since ive lost my original save

once ive cleared the game with it ill be trying some other classes until the DLC comes out since ive been playing way too much wizard haha

Why dont you try it and tell me how it is? :)

PS Good job on that Queen fight ! Looked intense !

once ive cleared the game with it ill be trying some other classes until the DLC comes out since ive been playing way too much wizard haha

I will try this build on TSC, but only after patch :D I asked you because maybe you know something that I don't know, and may be you already try to go in melee. My assumption based only on your stats and buffs duration from video

Updated OT

I will try this build on TSC, but only after patch :D I asked you because maybe you know something that I don't know, and may be you already try to go in melee. My assumption based only on your stats and buffs duration from video

Well you probably want to drop priest as neither wizard nor priest offer any decent passives for melee combat.

Updated OT

Well you probably want to drop priest as neither wizard nor priest offer any decent passives for melee combat.

I ended with street-fighter/wizard, but now I wait for patch, because I afraid of possible streetfigther nerf

@araj123 Reflecting upon your yesterday's post in another thread, I have a question. 

Do you adjust spell picks, cast order, and timing per encounter or does every encounter revolve essentially around the same: buff, gather-pull, same aoe? I am not asking if it's fun as I don't really care and it seems you like it, I am asking how versatile and creative gameplay is possible with this build. Not asking about bosses either because as you stated in OP this build cannot handle bosses. I am also not asking about early to mid game since it was stated there is no fighting till then.

So is the gameplay more or less the same all the time or do tactics vary per encounter? I am genuinely curious.  

I found a way - how to make this build even stronger

1. Now in the game exist grimore that give you additional spell for each level but interrupt on damage, to bypass this limitation you need helm that give you immunity to interruption with at least 1 injure :D +7 Spells and Immunity to Interruption for free

2. While weapon didn't affect your spell recovery speed you can take https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Sun_and_Moon with small shield, your accuracy will stay same but you will get +2PL, +20Deflection, +20Ref

3. With shield you don't need Entonia Signet Ring, you can pick https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Halgot%27s_Warmth and sometimes cast Consecrated Ground, because if don't planing to escape you will have 1 free L2 spell

yea the gear isnt up to date there are other weapons that are really good aswell such as magrans favor, chromoprismatic and sungrazer if ure still playing 1.1

cons ground is terrible though but u can switch entonias for the 5% spell dmg ring if u want to go shield

vaporous grim + helm combo i dont like it at all

@knownastherat i will reply when im home to ur post as i am on phone right now

Alright, but don't worry about it too much because I kind of know the answer and the question was more or less rhetorical. For example, Freezing Pillar is obvious since it targets Fortitude and Reflex and after casting buffs and with the current state of the game - how encounters are designed, how PEN/AR works, grimoire mechanics, spell limit per encounter or spell design - there is not much room for creativity and versatility. I would love to be proven wrong, however, I am afraid the design is so flat that it will be very hard. 

As a side note, could the buffing phase be handled by AI? 

Edited by knownastherat

I *think* the tier-3 RES Inspiration (Corageous) also gives you immunity to Interrupts. One of the Paladin’s LoH upgrades bestows it, so you could use it on your caster to benefit from the grimoire’s extra spells.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Problem is that Vaporous Wizardry Grimoire sucks ... you hardly use the spells in it.

Nothing comes close to the usefulness of Ninagauth's spell selection which is nicely fire/ice tunes and you don't have to worry about taking spells with your ability points and just get nice passives.

Ninagauth's, Torn Bannerman's, Blood Soaked are good grimoires, for example, the others are hit and miss with the spells they have.